Thursday, December 21, 2023

What You Can't See...........

good morning y'all!!!!          I 've had a hard time with our internet services as of late and having a hard time getting a post up.       so I do apologize for that.        I hope your day is going great and that you're able to see Jesus in everything you do and everything you do for others.       I have to say, like I've been saying for a while now, I'm looking forward to spring and growing things!!!!        hahaha          we made a quick trip to see my Momma yesterday and all the wheat coming up is so beautifully green and I told my husband that that green wheat gives me hope!!!!!        I loved seeing it.        I hope that if all you can see is mostly brown, that you get to see green somewhere, maybe in a wheat field like we got to see.

****************************************

Have you ever thought about this?         well, I have and this is the result.

You can watch a person.      You can see them laugh.       You can see them post happy pictures on social media, and be polite, and carry on casual conversations. 

You can look at a person.      You can see their handbag.      You can see their clothes, and their hair, and their shoes. 

But you know "what you can’t see"? 

You can’t see the fight they just had with their spouse.    You can’t see their tears from the night before. 

You can’t see the helpless feeling they’re experiencing of trying to help their teenager who keeps going in the wrong direction.        You can’t see the time, and energy, and love they’ve dedicated to raising good children.        You can’t see how hard they work without even an ounce of appreciation. 

You can’t see the demotion they just received, or the rejection they’re facing.        You can’t see the two jobs they’re working just to make ends meet. 

You can’t see the loved one they just lost.       You can’t see the parent who was just diagnosed with cancer.        You can’t see their battle with infertility, or the miscarriage they recently had.

You can’t see their anxiety.       You can’t see the depression they’ve been battling for who knows how long. 

You can’t see their loneliness. 

You can’t see their brokenness.

You can’t see their breakdowns. 

You can’t see their heartache. 

You can’t see the silent weight they constantly carry on their shoulders. 

You can’t see their fear, or the lies they tell themself.        You can’t see their inner turmoil, or the way they lay in bed every single night and wonder why they aren’t enough, and if they’ll ever just learn to like who they are. 

You can’t see how hard they’re working to get through this day, or this week, or this season.

You can’t see all the things they never share.       You can’t see all the things they coverup.       You can’t see all the things they are desperate to keep hidden. 

We think we know people.        We look at people, and think we see them, but the truth is: most of the time, we only see traces of the truth.         We only see a fraction of the full story. 

Don’t assume anything except that they are loved by the same God who loves you, and what they need most right now is grace. 

We can't see a lot, but God sees it all!!!        God sees the whole picture.         He sees it all!!!

********************************************

this was some pictures from back early in the year.        I'm a on a kick sharing what made me happy then, because it was a time of new life and good stuff growing.     and I'm looking forward to spring!!!

when it's dreary and the middle of winter, scenes like this will help us appreciate the sunshiny days coming up a little more.           we was getting ready to walk this morning and when we went out on the deck, the strawberries were covered with dew droplets around the edge.         it's a most beautiful sight.  a few years ago I got a squash leaf covered in dew droplets around the edge and it was beautiful.        we went for our walk and got back and they weren't as beautiful as they was just and hour before.      but I took a few pics anyway.        and I cropped one of them so you can see it better.        I also took a few pics of onion greens that I'm growing from scrap.          I cut the root ends off my green onions and stuck them in empty pockets in my Greenstalk and you can see new growth.         I do this every year and use all the greens in our salads and if it's too much for the salads, I'll put them on the dehydrator and then I can use them in anything that I put onions or greens in.           I'll just cut them back and then they'll grow out again.            right now I have 11 roots and all of them are growing and are a great way to get free onions from scraps.           

these green onions and 5 more just like it helped to fill my gallon jug this year with onion greens.          I would let them grow till they were about  10 or 11 inches and then I'd trim them back and they would grow right out again.          believe it or not, there's still about 6 of them in my greenstalk and they are still growing.         I'll leave them till spring and see what they do.         I do enjoy seeing that little bit of greenery right now.     

***************************************************

I'm on a roll, no a bread stick, this week.          hahaha          let's do a "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".          well, we wanted some spaghetti.           I don't particularly like cooking spaghetti on the stove top, I usually boil it over (hahaha) and then spend 3 weeks cleaning my stove top, getting all the burned bits off.          not fun.         and I do particularly love using my electric pressure cooker.       soooooo I've had an electric pressure cooker (epc) for 13 or 14 years and early on, I used to do this, but had forgotten about it.          so I put my thinking hat on and finally remembered what I used to do.       there is no recipe that I follow, it's just this and that and then some more.    

but here's what I done this morning:     

I opened on can of chicken stock and dumped that in.    

I had some seafood stock in the fridge and I dumped in about a cup of that.   

I took probably enough spaghetti that I could reach around it with my thumb and index finger, may have been a tad more.         I broke that into pieces and dropped that into my epc.

I had some salsa in the fridge that needed to be used.        I dumped that in and washed the jar out with a little water and poured that in.

I had a jar of quart jar spaghetti sauce and I used about half of that.

I used my rubber spatula and gave it all a good and gentle stir.

I had a bag of frozen meatballs and I put those on top in an even layer.

I put in a handful and a half of diced onions.

this will be different the next time I fix spaghetti because I might throw more veggies in it or who knows what.            but I'll say that for this batch I probably had a lt least 3 to 4 cups of liquid including the salsa and spaghetti sauce.  

I set my epc on high for an hour.         (I can't set this particular epc for 5 mins on high, it doesn't reach high until you have an hour of time programmed in it and I use this particular epc when I'm cooking stuff that has the potential to be stinky.)       when it finally came to heat and started counting down, I set my oven time for 5 minutes.           when the oven timer went off, I cancelled the cooking process and let it natural release for another 5 minutes.            when that 5 minutes was up, I finished with a quick release.             I used a spatula and stirred it all real gently and it looked so good.           at this point, it looked like there was still a lot of liquid.    I put the lid back on and let it set.        when it was lunch time, I took the lid off and it was pure PERFECTION!!!!   

it was delicious!!!!            so if you like spaghetti, quick and with minimal mess (hahaha)  or if you just like to use your epc, like I do, then this is for you.          this was so good and there will be enough for maybe 3 more meals apiece.        hubby gave it 2 thumbs up, I did too.         with a salad, a breadstick, a sprinkle of parm and a little dab of this goodness, it makes a fantastic meal.       bettter than Olive Garden any day.     hahaha   


*************************************************

well, I have lunch going in the air fryer and it will be calling my name in a few minutes.         my name is "beep beep beep".        hahahaha          I'm always running when something goes "beep beep beep", so it must be my name.         hahahaha        I know that some of y'all have the same name.        that's ok, when I hear it, I know we are getting ready to chow down on something good.          this meals goodness will be coconut shrimp, french fries and hushpuppies all done in the air fryer.      one of our favorite meals.          I hope you have a favorite meal that quick and easy too.

blessings on your day.         may you day be filled love, joy and peace.        hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment