Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Little Donkeys, I can just imagine

good afternoon dear friends.          I hope this finds you all doing well this afternoon.          it's a bright beautiful sunshiny day here today.          I'll take it!!!      yes, I will.         it's almost 2:00pm and it's 59 lovely degrees!!!!         oh yeak, I think I'll take it and ask for it every day.        hahahaha         I got a few groceries this morning and hubby got some pieces to work on the garage door while we was out.     he's doing that right now as I'm getting this blog post together.        I had plans of other things today but I didn't feel like doing the other plans.         hopefully I will in the next day or two.        I have been in the kitchen cooking a little bit.         I got a pressure cooker full of turkey corn chowder made and now I have it going again with about a lb and half of great nothern beans.       those are our 2 favorite meals to keep on hand as our "fast food".         while most other people go out for their fast food, I go to the kitchen for our fast food and it saves us a ton of money and it saves me a ton of time.       hahaha     I'll take all the help I can get while saving money.   that's a win in our books anyday.         plus, I know exactly what's in everything I fix.      that's a win too.

I'm re-sharing a story that I wrote a few years ago, I hope you enjoy it, again.    

**************************************

The Little Donkeys, I can just imagine

The lowly little donkey.         A stubborn little thing.         It's sure footed and can carry most anything you place on it.       If you scare it, it won't run, like a horse will.      It will just stay there.       Curiosity is one reason they are called stubborn.         Because they are not afraid of much.         At one time, most everyone had a donkey.         If you traveled, you had a donkey to carry your belongings.        Even today, in parts of the world, a lot of travel is still done with donkeys. 

I got to thinking about the lowly little creature.      And this is some of the things that I can just imagine.

I can just imagine the donkey that Mary rode on when she was great with child and she and Joseph was going to be counted in the census.          I can just imagine that lowly little creature realized that he was carrying God's Son on his back when Mary was riding his back.           I can just imagine here a little bit too, because we don't know what the donkey thought or knew.          But them being perceptive animals, I can just imagine that the donkey knew he was carrying Precious Cargo.          I can just imagine that he, the donkey, was a little more sure footed than usual.          Since Jesus and John knew each other in their mothers wombs, I can just imagine that Jesus communicated with the donkey while still in His mother's womb.         Far fetched thought I know, it actually is far fetched.          But I can just imagine that if He had wanted to communicate with the little donkey, since He was God, that He certainly could have done so.          And just because there is no record of it, doesn't mean He didn't.

I can just imagine that this donkey stepped a little differently after his task of carrying Mary to Bethlehem.        I have always imagined it just like this, that the donkey carried Jesus to His birthplace, by carrying His mother, Mary to Bethlehem.         I can just imagine this.         The King of Kings and Lord and Lords came riding in to His kingdom on a donkey.         When we think of kings and lords we usually associate them with royalty and military.          Neither of those words describe our Lord and Savior.          Oh, to me, those words don't even do Him justice, but the world has never seen Him as anything but someone who is a disturbance to them and their sin.          

But, He is my King and my Lord and far greater than anything this world will ever know as king and lord.        And I can just imagine that Jesus meant a lot to the little donkey that carried Him in to Bethlehem to be born.         I would love to know how he communicated with his donkey friends about the task that he had been chosen to do.          I can just imagine that he told his story as humbly as a little donkey could, while trying to keep his pride from getting the best of him.          But, in all honesty, he could be very proud of the task that he had done.          After all, no one else would ever have such an honor as his.

No one, except the little donkey chosen to carry Jesus to His death.         I can just imagine this little donkey probably didn't have any choice over the task at hand either, any more than the one that carried Jesus to His birth.         But, I can just imagine, that he done his job just as noble as the first little donkey did.         Jesus may have told this little donkey what was going to happen.       I can just imagine that it is possible that this little donkey was a relative to the one that carried Him to His birth, but, I don't know.         When we are just imagining, I guess anything is possible.         

Can you just imagine the importance of this task at hand?          This little donkey would be fulfilling prophecy in the Old Testament.        I can just imagine that with each step up the palm branch laden road that this little donkey felt a little more heart pain with each step.         Oh, I don't know if donkeys have broken hearts or not, but I can just imagine if Jesus communicated with him in any way about the mission that this little donkey had been called to do, that he took this task seriously. 

What would this little donkey say to you or me if he could talk and tell us about his experience?        Do you think he would tell us that it was an honor to carry such a person on his back?          Oh, I can just imagine he would.           I can just imagine he would tell us about all the obstacles along the way that he avoided just to keep our Savior safe while on his back.           I can just imagine he would tell us just how broken hearted Jesus really was at what was happening and going to happen shortly.    This was the mission of Jesus and He knew that, but can you just imagine being in His shoes and knowing what was ahead of you in the all too near future?   

I can just imagine that the mere act of sitting on the donkey allowed the donkey to feel some of the impending danger and doom that lay ahead for our Savior.         I can also just imagine that for one split second that little donkey wished he was a very large fast stallion, so he could wisk our Savior away to safety.              I can also just imagine that is probably why a small slow donkey was chosen.               

So the will of God could be carried out so perfectly, with our Savior being our perfect sacrifice for our sin.           This little donkey fulfilled his calling in life by being the transportation that our Lord and Savior rode to the cross on.            He done what he was destined to do.          They both did.    The first donkey carried our Savior to Bethlehem to His birth and the second donkey carried our Savior to His death on the cross.  

I know that none of my imaginings about these two little donkeys is factual other than the fact that they did what they did.          They were the chosen transportation for our Lord and Savior.          But, you know what, this is some of the things that I have just imagined over the years when I think about those little donkeys.       I have a deep love in my heart for these two little creatures that were chosen for their purpose.         I hope that if you have never thought of them like this, that maybe, just maybe, you will now.

And we know the next time our Lord and Savior rides on the back of an animal it will be a strong and mighty beast, a white horse, created for it's mission and purpose.          To bring the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to claim His own!!!           Praise His mighty and holy name!!!!          Three creatures created for the sole purpose of carrying our Lord and Savior.          One to His birth, one to His death and one to His triumphant return!!            I can only imagine this is the only factual statement in this whole scenario.           

This has not been to mislead anyone, it's just where my mind goes when I think of the little donkeys in our Savior's  story.         I don't know that my thoughts are true, but I don't know they aren't either.        I just know that I have new found respect for the little donkeys, I can just imagine you do too.        

written by: pjg 03-17-2019

**********************************************
well, that's a wrap for today.         I hope if you haven't ever thought about the donkeys in the birth narrative and death narrative of Jesus that you will now.        it's a unique perspective and I don't know that I've ever heard or read anything about them in this way before.        so this is just my spin on it.      I hope you enjoy it and maybe think about it too.       I do know for a fact that everything Jesus done, He done it out of love for you and me.        that is a fact!!!        I hope you know just how much He loves you.         think about His love for us at this time, the season that we celebrate His birth.       the greatest gift the world has ever known was carried in on a donkey!!!!!         I hope and pray that you have claimed Jesus Christ as your own Lord and Savior!!!       

enjoy the rest of your day.       blessings of love, joy, and peace be yours!!        hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment