Monday, December 18, 2023

Winter? Soon for sure...

good evening my dear ones.          I'm thinking winter is pretty close!!!         it's nipping at our heels and I can feel it.        we was out most of the evening and got in before dark and the temps had dropped about 5 degrees.         it was a cool crisp 35 degrees when we got in and it's now to 31 degrees.        so we gonna be a little nippy tonight.         I'm so thankful we have heat.        and I pray for anyone that is having the cold temps that maybe doesn't have heat or their power isn't back on yet from any of the storms as of recent events.        I hope you all stay warm and have the love of family to help keep you warm too.

************************************

last evening I was in the kitchen just fixin' supper for my sweet husband and me.       It seems that's when I'm at the most peace, when I'm cooking.         (That explains why I can't lose weight, one question answered, hahaha)         Not that I'm the greatest cook by no means, but I'm happy cooking for us.          In the moments of happiness while I'm cooking and cleaning the kitchen after I've cooked, I've got an awful lot to be thankful for.           Sometimes I don't let that show as much as I should.         But when I'm in the kitchen, it seems that the hymns of faith, the old hymns, just flood my mind.         I sing the whole time I'm in the kitchen.          I make a joyful noise unto the Lord.          Now I'm sure that if y'all heard it, you probably wouldn't think it's so joyful, but the Lord loves for me to sing to Him.     This is the song I was singing, I hope you will sing it too.

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,

And it told Thy love to me;

But I long to rise in the arms of faith

And be closer drawn to Thee.

Refrain:

Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,

To the cross where Thou hast died;

Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,

To Thy precious, bleeding side.

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,

By the pow’r of grace divine;

Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,

And my will be lost in Thine.

Oh, the pure delight of a single hour

That before Thy throne I spend,

When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God

I commune as friend with friend!

There are depths of love that I cannot know

Till I cross the narrow sea;

There are heights of joy that I may not reach

Till I rest in peace with Thee.

Sorry, but there is nothing on the market today that comes even close to the biblical message and meaning in this song.         these old hymns of faith is where power is found.       I hope y'all have of some of these old beautiful songs that you sing when you're doing something you love to do.  

*************************************

another 2 minutes in the kitchen with me.

Please Mr. Breadman look and see, if there's some bread in you bag for me..........................

Please Please Mr. Breadman check and see just one more time for me....................

Ok ok, bad song I know, but, the outcome will be pretty awesome in a little while.        don't believe me, just wait till I share the finished product.        woop woop!!!         it's smellin' pretty good up in the house y'all.          nothing any better than the smell of fresh bread baking.        my bread machine is 12 years old and it is a work horse.          it's a big piece of gadgetry and I've thought of getting rid of it, but so thankful I haven't.             if the bread turns out beautiful, which it should, I'll show you the finished product in a while, if I don't forget.         if you smell fresh bread, it's mine!!!!  hahaha

ps: 2 new pics of the finished bread!!       lovely!!!        and smells lovelier and tastes wonderful!!!!    my bread machine makes 2 different sizes and this is the 1.5 lb loaf of bread.      next one may be the 2 lb loaf.        it will be a taller loaf than this one.        I brushed melted butter on the top when I took it outta the pan.

seems like I'm always baking bread and that's ok.      you know how many loaves of bread I've bought in the last 8 or 10 years?         none, nada zilch!!!          yup, that's right.        this is delicious!!!
********************************************

this is something that I wrote just morning on a facebook post and thought it would be good to share here.         we're all facing health issues and we need to try to determine what we have the power to change and set out to change it.        this country is all about getting us sick, and keeping us sick and it's been very successful.       let's see if we can change it.

written this morning 12-18-2023:    *** I had a sad awakening a few years ago.      I was chosen to take an all expense paid trip and class at one of our National Parks.       it was for "treating" patients who are "pre-diabetic".       I had 2 and a half days of intensive training and NOT one time did they ever say to limit sugars and starches.        even all the recipes was filled with excess sugar!!!!        I sat during that class and was literally shaking my head in disgust!!! the only reason I didn't get up and leave is because my husband went with me and he needed a vacay from his work and he was enjoying the area.

I still have all that curicculum and it is useless. when I asked a question, it got shut down and I asked a lot of them.        someone finally asked me where I got my education from.       everyone else in the class was college grads with some kind of degree.         here I was, a country bumpkin, but this country bumpkin knew that what she was hearing was toilet paper material.         when I was asked where I got my education, I told them that I was working on my doctorate from the "school of hard knocks", and that I was old enough to be Mom and Grand Mom to most in the class and that I hadn't heard anything yet that would be any kind of help in preventing diabetes in people who were pre-diabetic.

so I walked away from that 2 and a half day class realizing that the goal is to get people sick, keep people sick and sell medication till they die.               I do know that what works for one person, may not help everyone.        we have to take on the job of seeing what helps with our own situation. it's a daunting task especially when our doctors are bought out by the drug industry.

my Momma is legally blind with macular degeneration(she's the little lady with me in my thumbnail). she hasn't seen my face in over 20 years.              (not that she's missing anything by not seeing my face, but if she can't see my face, she can't see anything else.)        when I was having problems with my RA, the dr here  wanted to put me on a drug that WOULD cause MD.       (I can't remember what it is, but it starts with a P) no if's ands or buts about it, it would cause it.        she knew my history, she had it in my file!!!          she told me to talk to my eye dr about it.      I just told her that he has no say in it. and that I couldn't believe she would even suggest something like that!!!

she was in that company's pocket, bought off and paid for.               I would also like to mention that she wasn't in my community but for about 6 months.               I'm guessing she didn't sell as much medicine that would cause MD as she was hoping!!!!                   but that's what we are dealing with.       a corrupt and bought off  healthcare system.          we either get sick and stay sick and die sick or we try our damnedest to take back our health one bite at a time.         it's truly up to us to try to help each other the best way we can with what we are learning about ourselves and our recovery process.        maybe what we learn can help someone else.                 we just have to start somewhere and keep meticulous notes and move forward.         I'm praying that we can all get it figured out for us!!!!  ***


we have to be our best advocate for our health care.       we just do.       no one else is going to ever have our best interests at heart like we do.  

***************************************************

well that's about all she wrote tonight.       literally, hahaha          hope you all have a wonderful night of rest and tomorrow is a wonderful day for you all.       hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment