Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Gardening.......Forever on my mind hahahaha

good evening loved ones.         I hope and pray that yoou've had a great day today.          we have, but I'm a little worn out right about now, so I'll make this kinda short and sweet tonight.         I need to get a bite fixed for supper and then settled in for the evening.

*********************************************

wanna know what I'm dreaming about?          THIS!!!!!!           hahaha

so this was from early spring this year.           and I thought it was so fitting, right now going into winter that I needed something to cheer me up a little bit and I thought would do it.         just gives me something to look forward to and I hope it does you too.  


let's do a "2 minutes in the garden and kitchen" with me today.          notice how I slipped garden in there, hehehe, yeah, I know y'all noticed that.              anyway, I was out checking on my raised bed garden planters that I got last fall.         we got them filled with soil and I actually got them planted around the first or second week in April.               once I got them planted, I put the  insect cloth over them to protect them from birds, squirrels and insects.               I've been checking on them weekly and watching the progress and today was the day that I uncoverd 3 of the raised beds and clipped some different lettuces and got some radishes.               I was so stinkin' excited that I had to share them.       of course I planted carrots and parsnips in the 4th one and they are slow growers, so it will probably be this fall before they get big enough to harvest.         I won't make that mistake again.         those will strictly be fall produce from now on.              anyway, it's fun to grow food and it's even more fun to eat what you grow.            hahaha              so tomorrow will be salad day.             so the first 2 raised beds are of all different kinds of lettuces and I snipped off the bigger leaves and they will regrow.        then the next raised bed has my radishes in it.  wow, I was blown away by them.               some of them are HUGE!!!!                  I figured they would be too hot to actually eat, but I tasted them all when I got them cleaned up and every one of them are almost as sweet as sugar.           they are all good.         I'm so "thrickled" with them !!!                   notice my new word I made up just as I writing this post?  "thrickled" is "thrilled and tickled" all in one.            so this post has it all.            a little gardening and a little time in the kitchen and making up new words.              there's no where else that you can get any more bang for your buck than right here.            hahahaha           so salad it is, tomorrow.       I can't wait to get more gardening going.            I'm getting antsy.              but pulling a harvest, "thrickled"few radishes this afternoon really helped a lot.            I may poke a few more seeds in where I pulled them and get some more coming up.                after this wet spell that we're supposed to be having is over, I may do that.          well, I just wanted to share a little.  

******************************************

just a quick question for you.        do you ever wonder who Jesus is to you?         well, if you do, just read this.         this will answer really quickly who He is to you or who He wants to to be to you!!        He truly is the lover of your soul.         or at least He wants to be.          my prayer for you, if you don't Jesus, is that you will explore all of these identities of who He truly is.       once you do that, you'll want to know him, just like he wants to know You.   

****************************************

do you have an issue with over snacking?      or maybe even possibly snacking on the wrong things.      well, if you do, then this is for you.          thiis is something that I've printed out and had hanging arouund in my kitchen for a few years.        it's a great reminder of theings that are better fro me than most of the junk foods that I WANT to sanck on.         try the things on this list for a while and see if they don't make you feel a little better.       


I hope you'll try some of these.        just pick out 2 or 3 and try keep them on hand and see if they are great snack attack helpers.       hahaha

**********************************************

"The old hymns of the faith is where you will find true worship with biblical foundations behind each song.          I am not a fan of a lot of the newer stuff that's repetition for repetitions sake and not saying anything that has a real depth of meaning or adds no value to a true worship experience.          I have no desire to get brain dead on repeating 2 or 3 words over and over for 5 to 30 minutes.          To me, that is not worship.           I truly believe that God wants us to be mindful and very present when we worship Him.           We need to be very careful with what we classify as worship.          A lot that I have seen is anything but worship." pjg4-20-19

I do some journaling on my computer from time to time and this is just an excerpt from something that I recently journaled and when I reread it, I thought it struck home, enough so that I wanted to share this portion of it.        Just my thoughts on what worship is to me.          Happy Wednesday.

***********************************************

blessings of love,joy and peace as I leave you this evening.         I pray that we all have a great night of refreshing and healing rest and that tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for.       hugs y'all, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment