Sunday, December 17, 2023

Fresh Carrot, Homemade Rolls and Egg Patties

good afternoon y'all!!         I hope your Sunday is a spectacular one.           as I'm typing, the sun just popped out for the first time in 2 days.         it's a welcome sight.           I hope where ever you all are, that the sun is shining brightly.           if the sun isn't shining, I pray that the Son is shining brightly in your life.         just wanted you to know that before I got done with this blog post, the sun had went back in.          hahaha          the sun is a little shy these days.         that's ok though, he'll come out and shine when he's ready too.       hahaha

*******************************

so let's do a "2 minutes in the kitchen with me" today.          how about it?          so I recently got the walfos, or it could be waflos silicone pans from amazon.          these are the 4 inch sized ones.         this is how I make the the egg patties.         I do them 1 egg at a time, just so all of the wells will have equal amounts of everything.        if I do 3 eggs at a time, I'll run out of eggs everytime.       hahaha      so I just do 1 egg at a time and divide that 1 egg between 2 wells.

I'll tell you what I do and just know that I do this 6 times for the 2 pans.

I will spritz a dab of avocado oil in each well and use a silicone brush to spread it out real good.

1 egg beat with 2 tablespoons of water.          divide that equally between 2 wells.        1 slice of cheese broken in half.         I take one half of the cheese and break it into 6 little pieces and place those in the eggs.        next I take 3 sausage links and cut those in half lengthways and then I cut each piece in half lengthways again.         from 3 sausage links, I get 12 strips.        as you can see I put 6 strips per well.   I put them in a preheated 350* oven for at least 20 minutes.           doing it like this gives the perfect amount of egg, cheese and sausage in each bite. 

I let them cool in the pans for a few minutes so the cheese can set.        the cheese falls to the bottom, so it will slide right out of the eggs if I don't let it cool a little bit.      hahaha      then I take them out and put on racks to cool, cheese side up.        once cooled down, I put them individually in flip top sandwich bags.       then I put 2 to a quart sized freezer bag, pressing out all the air.         I have a container in the fridge that I keep 2 at a time in.       when I use the last one, I'll pull a freezer bag out and put those 2 egg patties in it and I'm ready for 2 more mornings of breakfasts for my husband.


don't they look good.            I sure think so and they are good.     

when I get ready to make them for his breakfast, I'll put one in a skillet spritzed with a little avocado oil and heat it up real good and actually get a little more color on them.          I'm kinda embarrassed to show you how dark he really likes them.         they're almost burned.       hahaha         but that's how he likes them.            so I oblige.         hahaha

this is the same silicone pan with bread in it.           I make the roll recipe that I make all the time and press them down into the pans really well and let them rise and bake them.            they make the perfect size for the egg patties.


I'll split a roll and put it in the toaster oven while I'm heating the egg pattie in the skillet and it's just the perfect sandwich.         he really does love them.           I love that, plus I love that they are so easy and quick to fix.          they're also good for a really quick meal on the go.

******************************************

back in the late fall I planted some carrot seeds.         I finally pulled one friday and this is it!!         it's supposed to be small, just like it is.         I can't remember what the name of it is, but it sure was delicious little thing!!!!           I have several more and I hope they keep on growing a little bit.


they sure are cute little carrots.         I just love them amd the greenery on them is wonderful too.       it smells of fresh and clean.         I love the smell of carrot greens.          I may take my stool out back and just sit and smell those greens.           hahahaha


I can almost smell them right now.         I'll bet if you close your eyes and picture my little carrot, you can probably smell the greens too.         that really was a delicious little carrot.         I'll probably grow more of these in the spring.

*******************************************

I read something this morning that went like this:  "religion frowns at dirty feet; Jesus washes dirty feet"!         that is the difference between religion and Jesus.         religion is puffed up pride and Jesus is lowly humility.           if you have religion, you have nothing.         if you have Jesus, you have everything and you have all you need.

Lord help me to remember that You are all I need.         sometimes I get caught up in the lies that the world spins and I forget that You are enough, You are all I need.         help me to remember that You are enough.

    

that's all I have today.      I hope you enjoyed what you seen here today.        if you did, share it with someone.         be blessed today and be a blessing to someone today.        you never know how much just a small gesture will mean to someone.         may peace, love, and joy be yours in abundance today and every day.         hugs y'all, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment