Thursday, December 28, 2023

Snacks, Air Fryer, Electric Pressure Cooker.............

good morning beautiful friends.          I hope you're having a warm morning so far.          it was a chilly 25* again.          with the prospects of warming up to 40*.         yay!!!          that's better than a high of 39*, isn't it?         it seems to be a quiet morning so far.        the only thing on our agenda today is to get in our walk.         then I got to get in the kitchen and get some turkey corn chowder made and some cornbread swirls.       so I'm sure I'll have some good mishaps in the kitchen, I usually do.      hahaha  the rolls/buns I made yesterday are really good.         hubby loved his breakfast sandwich this morning.  

none of the fast food joints have anything over on me with their breakfast sandwiches.           mine blows theirs out of the water everyday all day.         and I know what's in all of it.       and it's not deepfried or skillet fried or griddle fried in months old grease!!!!         everything is cleaned regularly and that makes a huge difference to us.        so, forget the fastfood, and make your own!!!

**************************************************

are you looking for some good snacks to start 2024 off right?         if so, this is for you:

45 BEST SNACKS UNDER 50 CALORIES

Satisfy your sweet tooth!

1. 1⁄2 medium apple, baked, topped with 1 Tbsp low fat yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon (45 calories)

2. 1⁄2 small banana, frozen (45 calories)

3. 4 oz unsweetened applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon (49 calories)

4. 1 miniature box of raisins (45 calories)

5. 2 sugar-free ice pops (30 calories)

6. 1 sugar-free fudge ice pop (35 calories)

7. 12 cherries (48 calories)

8. 1 individual serving sugar-free gelatin with 3 Tbsp light whipped topping (40 calories)

9. 1⁄2 cup strawberries with 21⁄2 Tbsp nonfat yogurt (47 calories)

10. 14 seedless red grapes, frozen (48 calories)

Indulge a salt craving

11. 11⁄2 cups salted air-popped popcorn (46 calories)

12. 1⁄4 cup shelled edamame with sea salt (37 calories)

13. 8 oz miso soup (36 calories)

14. 1 pretzel rod (37 calories)

15. 1⁄4 small bag of Glenny's lightly salted soy crisps (35 calories)

16. 1 medium sliced cucumber mixed with 1⁄4 cup sliced onion, 1⁄2 cup chopped celery, 4 Tbsp vinegar and salt to taste (45 calories)

17. 6 oz eight-vegetable juice (39 calories)

18. 1 kosher dill pickle (10 calories)

Crunch and munch

19. 1⁄2 cup jicama with 4 oz salsa (49.5 calories)

20. 11⁄2 cups sugar snap peas (40 calories)

21. Small celery stalk smeared with 1⁄2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (49 calories)

22. 1⁄2 small apple with 1 tsp soy butter (46 calories)

23. 1 brown rice cake with 1 Tbsp sugar-free jam (44 calories)

Smooth and creamy

24. 1 Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb wedge spread on cucumber slices (35 calories)

25. 1 tsp almond butter (34 calories)

26. 1⁄2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt with 1 tsp sugar-free strawberry jam (43 calories)

27. 1 oz avocado (about 1⁄8 of an avocado) squirted with lime (45 calories)

28. 8 grape tomatoes dipped in 1 Tbsp light cream cheese (46 calories)

Cheesy whizzes

29. 6 pieces of endive filled with 1⁄2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese (49 calories)

30. 1 slice fat-free American cheese (30 calories)

31. 1 large tomato, sliced, topped with 1 Tbsp Parmesan, broiled (44 calories)

32. 1 oz fat-free cottage cheese on 1 slice caraway Finn Crisp Crispbread (38 calories)

33. 1 oz fat-free mozzarella dipped in 1 tsp marinara sauce (46 calories)

Power up on protein

34. Turkey roll ups: 2 slices white meat turkey rolled in 2 lettuce leaves (46 calories)

35. 1 oz smoked salmon (about 1 slice) on 2 Wheat Thins crackers (Multi-Grain) (48 calories)

36. 1 tofu dog with 1 Tbsp sauerkraut (48 calories)

37. 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt sprinkled with 1 tsp sunflower seeds (49.6 calories)

38. 1.3 oz water-packed tuna with 1 tsp Dijon mustard (48 calories)

39. 2 large hard-cooked egg whites with 1 cup sliced cucumber (48 calories)

40. 1 slice Wasa Fiber Crispbread with 2 tsp hummus (45 calories)

41. 1 medium water-packed sardine with slice of red onion (35 calories)

Solid standbys

42. 1⁄2 cup melon with 2 Tbsp 1% cottage cheese (47 calories)

43. 1⁄2 small grapefruit (32 calories)

44. 1⁄3 cup blueberries with 1 Tbsp light sour cream (47 calories)

45. 1⁄2 cup carrots with 1 Tbsp light ranch dressing (45 calories)

ok, so what would you add to this list?          hope this helpful to you all.

**********************************************************


this is a picture of some charms that I made a couple of years ago.      this was a really fun project.       I got the bezel charm pieces at Joann's, I think.        I used a clear drying glue and set in fun little bits and pieces of all kinds of items.       tiny seed beads, itsy bitsy shells, small pieces of real genstones, micro sized sequins and then some extra glittery glitter.         I used most of these on some of my handmade, hand rolled paper beads.       really beautiful.         I hope you give something like this a try.        

one little tip, don't put too much glue in the base.     you don't want it squishing out all around the bezel.         also, just go to somewhere like amazon and type in something "jewelry bezel" and if the dime sized bezels are what you're interested in, then look for that size.        I just done a search on amazon and lots popped up.        like I said, I think these came from Joann's, Michaels or Hobby Lobby.          one of these 3 anyway.         these were lightweight, so they weren't very expensive.         I hope some of you give this a try.

*********************************************

are you a hazard in the kitchen?          have you been known to drop a carton of eggs on the floor?  or spill a 5 lb bag of sugar on the counter and floor?           do you have trouble hanging on to that big turkey getting it in the oven?           have you ever spilled a 2 lb or 5 lb bag of dried beans?          have you ever flipped a pancake right out in the floor?            or what about dropping an opened box of your favorite cereal?           ok, where am I going with this?           well, if you have a habit of bing a menace in the kitchen, today is your day!!!!         Happy National Klutz in the Kitchen Day!!!         just stay away from knives and glass and anything that can be spilled.          enjoy your day and maybe get carry-out today, save yourself a mess in the kitchen.         have a happy "klutz free" day!!!  hahahaha

no, today isn't actually national klutz day, it just feels like every day is that for me, so I thought I would share a little bit of fun with you.      hahahaha

***********************************************************

let's do another "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".      I use my air fryer almost daily, I just don't get pictures of everything I fix in it, but I was mindful when I was fixin' lunch for us today.          I made salmon patties.

1 can of drained salmon, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parm cheese, 1/2 small onion diced, dash of onion powder, dash of garlic powder, dash of salt, dash of black pepper, 1 tsp italian seasoning and enough evaporated milk to mix well (because that's what I had).

I lined my air fryer with a parchment round and scooped out a large serving spoon of salmon mixture and made into patties.         I sprayed the tops of each pattie with avocado oil.         I got 5 in my air fryer, they are pretty large, and the last one I popped in the toaster oven just because I wanted to get lunch ready and done.          I just used the pre set for fish and cooked it for about 8 minutes and took the basket out flipped the patties and cooked for about 6 or 8 more minutes, till they reached the browness I was looking for.

I also filled my electric pressure cooker with green beans, diced onions and potatoes and a little dab of my essential oil aka "bacon grease" (hahaha) and put my long legged rack in on top of them and set my cooking pot full of creamed corn on top of the potatoes and beans and cooked it all in one pot while the air fryer was going.          It was a great lunch with enough left overs for a couple more meals.       Also had hard boiled eggs that I fixed earlier in the epc.       Anyway, just wanted to share the pics.       The salmon patties are sooooooo good!!!        Everything else is too.

I have to say, that for years I have baked my salmon patties in the oven instead of skillet fry them.  Since I've had an af, this is my preferred method.        I did bake one in the toaster oven and it took 2 times longer to bake in the oven than it did to cook in the af.

green beans and potatoes, it doesn't get much better than this and when I can cook corn in the same pot, that's a plus every day of the world for me!!
don't these salmon patties look good, well, they are.       just like momma makes!!!


this was a great meal and we have it quite often.         I'm pretty sure I've shared this before, but that's ok, it deserves to be shared again.        hahahaha        so keep a watch out, it just may pop up again.     hahaha         well, it won't if I remember I've shared it before.        but I'm not counting on remembering anything these days.        hahaha

******************************************************

I love this Psalm.         I know most everyone does.           A lot of people know this by heart, being one of the first scriptures committed to memory.

***23 The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.         2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.             3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.            4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.             5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.             6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.***

There's a big difference between knowing the Psalm and knowing the Shepherd.         To know the Psalm, you have committed the Psalm to your memory.         To know the Shepherd, you have committed your life to Him.   

I hope and pray that you know the Shepherd as well as you know the Psalm.            if not, then now is the time to learn all about the Shepherd.

***********************************************

well, that's a wrap for today.        I need to get in the kitchen and get my "klutz" going.       hahahaha     I hope you seen something here that made you smile, or think, or gave you some ideas.        I hope to see you back here real soon.          think about the Psalm and figure out if you know the Shepherd as well as you know the Psalm.        there is a difference and we need to know. 

I hope you have a wonderful day.        blessings of love, peace and joy be yours.         hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment