Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February Card Making, Scones, and a request

Do y'all love that title or what?     I hope that ya' do, and I will share with y'all in a bit about what the title is all about.    I will leave ya' in suspense about it for a little bit.     Sneaky, huh......gggggg

So, how's the weather workin' for ya'?      For me, in my neck of the woods, which happens to be considered "in the south", "it's not workin' "fer" me!!!"    No, it's not!!!!!!     I'm putting in a complaint to the weather department as soon as I can get it to the mail box!     I am!!!     Done got it wrote.     Want to know what my complaint says?     It says "Knock it off!"     hahahaha     Just kidding about the complaint, but I'm not kidding about the weather, it has been something to write home about, but it wouldn't get there.    Not when some of the major cities are shut down.

It really has been a mess here.    Now, I'll tell y'all why I am soooooo ticked off about the weather.     I got out on Monday morning and was checking on my hubby since he was outside getting a vehicle ready to go to work in.    I got my warm clothes on, a warm coat and a boggin on my noggin and my snow boots.    The usual fare that I always donn when I am getting ready to have some fun in the snow.     I went around to where hubby was and there wasn't anything I could do to help, but we talked for a bit and then my feet started getting cold.     I said, "gosh it really is cold out here, my feet are getting cold, I think I need to go back in".     It was cold, but I have  been out when it was colder, and I knew it.    So, back in I went and went to the trouble of un-donning all of my winter clothes and then I got to my boots.     I looked at them when I got them off, and BOTH of them had BLOW OUTS!!!!!!      I'm telling you, my socks were wet from all the broken places in my boots.     I was fuming made.     These junky "old" snow boots, nothing lasts anymore!!!!!     I ought to take them back to the store!!!!    I was hot under the collar.    I kept fuming and stewing for a bit.      I finally started thinking about those "old junky" snow boots, and all of the sudden it hit me.     Those snow boots were over 30 years old!!!!!    hahahahah      My, how time flies!!!!!      It seems like it was only yesterday when I bought those boots!     They were the best boots I ever had in my life.     They were warm and waterproof.     I didn't even have to wear socks with them, they were so warm.     So, as I bid a fond farewell to an important part of my wardrobe, sniff, sniff, boohoo, I just pray that my new ones get here really quickly!!!!!!   As a result of no snow boots, I can't get outside now.    So.....no snow pictures!!!!!!!    I have been really upset over that more than anything.      My old snow boots have been the deciding factor in all of the winter/snow pictures I have taken for more than 30 years.      Alas, I shall remember them fondly as I start making new memories with the ones I have ordered.     They may get here before October, depending on how much more snow we get.     hahahaha      Oh well, if it wasn't for the weather, what would we have to talk about.     You know, most conversations start out with the weather.     With that in mind, we all got a lot to talk about now, huh.

Ok, now, back to the title.     What does card making and scones have in common?      Friends, that's what they have in common.     When we had Card Making Ministry at church a couple of weeks ago, there was 8 of us there.    We had an awesome time making cards that night.     One of the ladies there, is a lady that I used to go to church with several years ago and we were good friends.    I hadn't seen or heard from her in a while.      As it turned out, she is the niece of one of the elderly ladies in my church.     I did not know that.     She had come to church with her aunt the Sunday before the Card Making Monday and we invited her to come.     Well, she came, and we talked and we talked and we talked on and on and on.     As the night was over, we said we would get together and have lunch.    So, last Monday, Feb 9th, we did.     She and I met at one of the hot spots in town and got caught up on life and solved a few of the problems of the world and just made things better all around.   hahaha

Back to Card Making, we made three cards again as per usual.    I'm telling ya', the lady that gets this together, she is such a sweet heart and she does such a wonderful job.     Keeping it fresh, new, and exciting.    So, the theme of the cards was Valentines, since it was February.      We made some really beautiful cards, and I would love to share them with y'all.

This is all three of them together.     They are just so beautiful.
This first on is purple!!!!!      And y'all know how I love purple!     Purple cardstock, purple ink, and purple ribbon.     Nothing can be finer than a beautiful purple card.     Yay!!!!
Oh, this is the big beautiful embossed butterfly.      I just love this thing.   Now, I'm gonna tell you that I made a terrible booboo on my butterfly.    Do you see it?    Can you tell where I made it?     Well, I'll tell you.     For what ever reason, I did not get all of the embossing powder heat set with the heat gun.     See the pink heart on the upper wing of the butterfly?      That's where the booboo is.    Under the heart.     I was almost upset at myself, but I just decided that I could fix it when I got home.     And I did!      Yay!!!!     Most everything can be fixed easier than we think.     My new motto!!!!    hahaha
This one is so very fun.     It has the little mini envelope on it with a tag inside it with a heart on it.    Those little colorful hearts remind me of the little candy hearts.     As you can see the, the white base was also embossed.    I just love this card.     But then again, I love them all.     Sure hope y'all do too.

Now, on to the scones!     My friend and I met for lunch and talked and chatted and just had a fun time.     When I placed my order, I said I wanted a scone to go.     I had not had one, but I knew I wouldn't want to eat it at lunch, so I would have it for supper.     So, upon leaving, the waitress brought me my scone with jam and some whipped cream.     So, before I ate it, I did take a pic of it.     I must tell you, it was SOOOOO good!   It really was!!!    
Since it was such a beautiful scone, I decided to put it on my little pink fancy saucer with the pretty doily that they put it on for me.      Doesn't that look so yummy?       Oh my goshie, it was!!!
I have to tell y'all, it was delicious!!!     And I am in the search for the most fab scone recipe.      So, if y'all have a tried and true scone recipe, I would LOVE for you to share it with me.     Leave me a comment and the recipe.     If I get any recipes, I will try to make a batch of each recipe and do a blog post on each one and critique each recipe.    So, for sure, if you have a recipe, I would love to have it.

As I leave y'all this evening, I leave y'all with these beautiful words from the Song Of Solomon, Chapter 4:7   

"You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."

Most people, when they read the book of Song of Solomon, relates the love between the two in this book, to the love that Jesus Christ has for His bride, the Church.    That's what I do too.    Although the overall book is very suggestive of a wonderful love relationship, so is the love that Christ has for His bride, the Church.    When I think of Jesus Christ speaking these words over me, it is overwhelming!      Jesus does love me with a never ending love.    Jesus does look at me as a thing of beauty.     He does call me "My love".      And He does say that there is no flaw in me.      He died for me, and rose for me, and is sitting at the right hand of Father, pleading on my behalf.     He does love me!     The reason He says there is no flaw in me, is NOT because I am flawless, but it is because He covered my flaws!      When He looks at His own, He sees perfection!  

Lord, help me to see what You see, when I look at myself and even more so, when I look at others.    When I look at others that You see in "perfection", I see their "imperfections" and flaws.   I bet I'm not the only one that see others imperfections really clearly and miss my own.     So, what I/we need to do is to ask God to help me/us see others in the same way that He sees them.    When I can see others the same way that Jesus sees them, then I know that I can love them the way He wants me too.     In human eyes, we are all flawed and come up short in a lot of ways.      But when we can see others the way Jesus sees them, Love will cover the flaws!!!      Love covers the flaws!!!     Love covers the flaws......you my friend, are loved, are flawless and altogether beautiful!!!!!

Ladybug, I know that you are staying warm and I hope to see you soon.    Sweetpea loves you!

I hope y'all enjoy the rest of the evening and remember, if you have a tried and true scone recipe, I want it.     Take care, stay warm and remember that God loves y'all and so do I.       hugs, Patty

24 comments:

  1. Sorry can't remember the last time I baked anything other than a chicken. Hope you find the perfect recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank a lot Peg. I really appreciate it. If you hear me yelling sometime, you'll know I got the perfect recipe. hahaha hugs, patty

      Delete
  2. okay, going to go dig up my fave recipe and post it to you...but it will be tomorrow afternoon before I can get back to it.
    I LOVE YOUR CARDS.
    Bless you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather, I can't wait to get your scone recipe!!!! Cover your ears, because I'm gonna squeal.....eeeeeeeeee!!!! Yay!!! Thanks so much Heather. hugs and love, patty

      Delete
  3. Oh Patty, fabulous cards and those yummies... hmmmm would love to taste them. Unfortunately I am not a cookie maker as my sweet pie son loves only apple pie or chocolates, and for the pie I buy the pastry in the shop, pooh shame on me. Hope you will get a great recipe and will share the results ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth!!! Oh the scones were wonderful!!! I'm hoping I get some recipes. It would be wonderful to bake a batch and then share them my online friends. If I get a recipe, I will share the results. Thanks again Ruth. hugs, patty

      Delete
  4. Oh Patty....Your cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! And I especially LOVE the butterfuly card!!!! Can't even tell you had a "boo boo".....I call that a "happenstance" and it's perfect with the way you made it!! ;) Your scone looks YUMMMMY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Penny!!! The butterfly card is my fav also, even with my "happenstance", because it needed a little heart too. The scones were fab, now, if I can get a recipe to try. Thanks again Penny. hugs, patty

      Delete
  5. Great cards and time with friends!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy!!!! There's nothing like spending time time with friends, it's always time well spent. Thanks again. hugs, patty

      Delete
  6. All three cards are beautiful and the scone looks scrumptious in your photo. I can only imagine the taste! Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zsuzsa!!!! The cards were fun to make. You wouldn't happen to have a "real deal" scone recipe you could share with me would you? The one I had WAS delicious!! I sure would love to have a recipe for them. And I would love to have a recipe from you. gggg hugs, patty

      Delete
  7. Hi Patty,

    Awwww - here you are all brrrrrr while spring is out of the box for us. I pray it abates for you and your boots arrive soon. I only have a moment here but will keep checking back. I LOVE your posts, they encourage and give me a chuckle!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb!!!! I really appreciate your visit. So happy you have good weather. I don't know if my boots will ever get here, they are stuck in the snow some where in transit. hahaha Thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated. hugs and love to you, patty

      Delete
  8. Hiya Pattikins! LOVED reading this post and all the fun companionship you have. Oh how I miss those kinds of days. >sigh< Anyhows, about them boots. Momma always made us wear bread bags over our socks before we put our feet in our shoes or boots. Honestly, as a child in Tennessee I don't remember having boots. So when we visited with Gramma and Grampa in Illinois we would do the bread bag thing. Kept our feet dry at least. You might try that since your trash may not be moving out as soon either thanks to the weather. :) And scones. Hmm. I've had some in the past and I'm pretty sure I've made them before but they aren't exactly my cup of Joe. Haha! Enjoy your blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bonnie! Thanks for stopping by. To be honest with you, that was only the second pair of snow boots I remember having. May have had a pair as an itty bitty kid. The bread bag thing is what my brothers used to do, and it worked. The whole side came out of one of my boots and the other one had a crack in it the length of my had. They just dry rotted, and there's no coming back from that. Well, I hadn't thought about the trash not moving. Oh great!! Well, at least it won't stink in -5* temps. hahaha If you think you have made them before, dig around and find your recipe. it might be just like what I had. Who knows. Thanks for stopping by Bonnie. hugs and blessings, patty

      Delete
  9. Patty, Your cards are gorgeous!!! I LOVE that purple one, the butterfly one is awesome and that one with the little envelope is out of this world!! Please don't ask me to pick a favorite as I just could not!! Your scone looked delicious and I don't believe I have ever had one! Good luck on getting your boots soon! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Alicia, I'm just like you, I couldn't pick a favorite one either. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me such a wonderful message. That was the first scone I have ever had too and I loved it. My boots are stuck somewhere out yonder in the snow in another state. shucks!!!! I need em' now, while we got snow. hahaha Thanks again Alicia. Love you my friend. hugs, patty

      Delete
  10. Oh how fun Patty, OMG! I was laughing at the complaint to the weather man hee hee :) Your cards are beautiful and I cover boo boo's all the time with embellishment to tiny punch cuts. I really want to dig my butterfly and put it to use after seeing your card. TFS and stay warm.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...Thank you so much Norma! I think I'm gonna have to make my complaint after all. We're getting more bad weather on top of what we already have. uuuggghhhh I don't even have my snow boots yet either. boo I really love that butterfly. it is so gorgeous! I know if you use it, you'll make something beautiful. Thanks again Norma! hugs and love, patty

      Delete
  11. Hi Patty!
    Okay even though I love your cards, esp. the one with the mini envelope, I am so jealous you had a scone with the works just like we talked about!! I researched about the clotted cream and to make it authentic is practically impossible in the US...oh well, so glad you shared yours with us! I could almost taste it...yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I must tell you that I was thinking of you and Zsuzsa when I was taking pic and eating it. Yes, I was like you too about the clotted cream. But, I do kinda think it may be do-able. From what I read, you take whole cream and bake it on 200* over night. Since I wouldn't do that over night, I could try it early morning and bake it all day till bed time. I don't know, I may have to do some more looking. What I had was definitely not clotted cream. But, it was good.

      A little secret. Take a small box of raisins and soak them in hot water to rehydrate. Take a couple of frozen, ready made biscuits, thaw them till completely thawed and knead each one up. Drain raisins and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and split the mixture and work that into each biscuit and sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of them and then bake as normal. Pretty good substitute. It is as good as the one pictured. I just forgot to take a pic of them. Hubby loved it! The next time I make them like that, I will take a pic and show you. Thanks again Cindy. hugs, patty

      Delete
    2. Yes please share pics!
      I guess the more % of fat in the cream the better. Like a minimum of 55%!

      Delete
    3. Ok, I will share pics of the next ones I make from frozen biscuits. I may make that a small project over the weekend, or sometime soon. I think it does have to do with the fat for the clotted cream, but I'm not sure.

      Delete