Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year Eve!!!!

 good morning Y'all!!!!!      we made it!!!!!          we made it to the end of 2023.          what a ride it has been.           it's been a good ride and a not so good ride.          but I'm here right now and that's what matters.          I hope we can look back over this year and see where we've been and are already making plans for the coming New Year.          I guess my main focus is for gardening in the up coming year.      I am looking forward to that.         I hope you have something that you're looking forward too.

********************************************

as we look to the New Year, let's look at it with a new thought pattern.         this is what I mean.

ladies, take a good look at this image.          we've all been there.       what you see on the outside edges of this image is the lies we tell ourselves.         the world also tells us those same lies.        I don't know about you, but I've told myself every one of those lies, and then some.          when we hear them long enough, we believe them.

now look on the inside of the image.           please read that.            this is what scripture tells us about who we are!!!!!            we lie!!!!      the world lies!!!!!!           the Word of God doesn't lie!!!!!!          if you have to listen to something, please make sure you're listening to the word of God.      

after a lifetime of lying to myself, like a lot  of us have, it takes a long time to get that trash out of our heads and hearts.         if you have daughters, make sure you're telling them at a very young age, who they are based on who God says they are.          it will make a huge difference in how they perceive themselves growing up.          when you, as a parent speak truth, life and love over your daughter daily, she will love herself, based on your love for her.         later on she will see the connection that this is how our Father God sees her.          what better gift to give your precious daughter than your love and the love of her Heavenly Father.

start 2024 out right by speaking love over daughter ever day.

the devil puts a lot of pressure on our daughters to look a certain way, to act a certain way and those ways are always ungodly and leads to bad behavior.          we want better for the girls and ladies to be, in our lives.        we want to raise godly girls and boys.          and we're never gonna do it when we the seek worldly help.          seek God, He will make the difference.  

and by the way, this same stuff can be spoken over your sons daily too.       I wish this was also in the form of a guy, it would make a powerful impact on them.      because they also need to know that they are chosen, wanted and blessed.          pray over your children daily, pray Gods blessings over them and watch them grow into the beautiful, caring people that God has planned for them to be.         let 2024 be the year for them to be blessed.

*******************************************

what did you wake up singing this morning?           well, this is what woke up to and I thought I would share it with y'all.          this is one of the "old greats".           a beautiful hymn written by Horatio Spafford many years ago.         he wrote this sone after one of the most tragic and painfilled events in his life.        read/sing this song very carefully, thinking one each word.        it truly is amazing that one can experience the loss he experienced and still say, "It is well with my soul".         that's only because he had a relationship with God thru the shed blood and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.       that's the only way we will ever know and have peace in this life.       this is what I was singing when I got up.

It Is Well With My Soul


When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain
It is well, (it is well),
With my soul, (with my soul)
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to His cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
A song in the night, oh my soul!

someone once said, "NO Christ, NO peace!"        "KNOW Christ, KNOW Peace!"

no truer words were ever spoken.        do we know the difference between NO and KNOW?        my definitions of these words is this.    NO is absence of something, without something, not done something, don't have something and so on and so forth.        KNOW is having experienced,  having or doing something, learning about something, seeking information, having knowledge about something and so on and so forth.        I didn't even do a quick google search on these words.         if we are reading or writing a little bit, we understand the simple meaning behind these two words, NO and KNOW.

do you "know" Christ?         if not, how come.          don't start the year 2024 without Christ in your life.       2024 can be the best year of our lives when we invite Christ to go before us and plan our days and ways.

reread the hymn above.          is it well with your soul?           I'll have to admit that we live in troubling times.         things is not going to get any better.       I find myself worrying about the state of the world we live in.          but when we read scripture, we find out that we are actually living in the times that the bible speaks of.         we are living out prophecy.         every generation since Christ ascended back into glory has been living in the prophetic end times.         wars and famines and earthquakes and evil is rampant on the earth.         it's not going to get any better.          the devil is roaming around with the intention of taking as many people to hell with as possible.         

I know all this and still yet, I find this troubling enough to steal my peace at times.        so I have to take it to the cross.         I know that when I take my eyes off the cross, I see pain and hurt and fear and I feel all this too.        so I take it to the cross.               

2024 could be the year that we see change across our planet.        one person at a time is all it takes to makes change in our little part of the world.        I can't do a lot, but if we all do what we're capable of doing with Jesus Christ guiding and directing us, we can change our little part of the neighborhood we live in.         one little pebble makes a huge ripple.         we can be the ripple of change right where we live.

yes, you may have neighbors that treat you like you have the plague, but that's on them.         let them be who they are.         you just go about serving the Lord inspite of living near wolves in sheeps clothing.        we all see hyprocrisy every day.         we see hyprocrisy in all areas of life.         

this upcoming year, 2024 is election year.           we  are going to see a LOT of hyprocrisy, even more than usual.         people running for office that should be behind bars for treason.           people running for office that should be banned from the ballot.          people running for office with the goal, purpose and intention of self gain.         people running for office with the goal, purpose and intention of destroying this country.         

we are notorious for electing perverts in a all levels  govenrment.         people know what they are and they still elect them.           people misusing government funding for their own personal bank account.    that happens on a daily basis.         all of these situations have a tendency to take our focus off the Cross of Christ.          we know what's coming.          we know the mud and muck slinging that's already taken place and even more in the days to come.         we know it!!!!          what do we do?       

answer:  WE FOCUS ON CHRIST!!!!!

2024 will be the year to FOCUS ON CHRIST!!!!

*****************************************

so, let's have a "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".      sounds good to me.      this is a pic of a blackberry crumble I made here back.           I may have already shared it, just can't remember.             I just put a bag of frozen blackberries in my 8x8 avocado sprayed, baking dish.        then I got my crumble jar out.         I keep oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, cloves, monkfruit sweetener and nutmeg in a quart jar.          just whatever amount of each ingredient I feel like putting in.          I'll keep it all mixed up pretty good and then just pour about a cup and a half over the blackberries and spready it evenly over the top.           then I'll take a couple tablespoons of real, butter and dice it up into really small pieces and just dot those small pieces of butter over the top of the crumble.       once I get the on, I'll pour about a 1/4 cup of lemon or lime juice all over it.       that really helps gives the whole thing a wonderful pop of flavor.      lemon or lime juice goes really well with most fruits and it briings out the natural flavors of the fruits and berries.   pop it in a preheated 350* oven until is cooked and browned real nice.         and then enjoy.


****************************************

well, that's it for the last of 2023.            I told my husband this morning that I feel kinda like the old bearded man that see the old year out.           I don't know where thiss year has gone to, but it sure went fast.         I can honestly say that I'm so happy that Jesus walked me thru this year.          I know He'll be with me next year.           He's faithful like that.           me, not so much.           but I trust Him.          I hope you do too.

may 2024 be our best yet, filled with blessings all from the  hands of God!        may peace, joy, love, mercy, grace and prosperity be yours in the New Year!!!!          hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment