Monday, December 11, 2023

A Cold Day

good cold morning beautiful people.         the sun is shining brightly this morning, but it's a bit deceiving, because it's COLD.          hahahaha         yes, it was 18 hot degrees when I got up this morning.         I think weather bug has got a virus or something, because we was supposed to get to 48 yesterday, but we barely broke 40 degrees.         so weather bug must sick.        if not, he needs to get his act toogether.      hahaha

today is bread making day on the homefront.         I have one batch of bread already made and rising.        all the pans that I usually fill with rolls are filled, or I would be working on my cornbread swirls.         I do have all the ingredients together, just waiting for some of my pans to be freed up.         I usually do my conrbread swirls first because they get in the oven quicker than the buns that I make.        I can't believe that I forgot that this morning and done it in the wrong sequence.          it just slows my day down.        with age and memory catching up with me these days, gosh, I just don't need to hinder myself by doing it in the wrong order.        hahaha

we'll get out sometime in a little while and get our daily walk in.         we have to put layers and layers of clothes on when it's cold like this.         but it allows us to get out earlier in the morning and then have the burst of energy that it gives to help push on into the day ahead.

I don't know what else we'll get into today.        but if it's anything exciting, I'll be sure and check in with it.           I know one thing that I want to get done this week is to get my seeds ordered for the spring gardening season.          I'm looking forward to that.         one thing I know I'll be doing in the spring is growing  lots of green beans!!!!         I never have enough.        I also grow stuff that we end up not eating.         so I'm not doing that anymore either.         if we don't readily eat it, I'm not growing it.   if it's something we take a hankering for, I'll get it at the store.        

but I look forward to the growing season and thinking about that helps  me to get past the slow and short days of winter.        Dec 21st is the shortest day of the year and then the days will start getting longer by seconds, but I'll take those seconds.

I think that's about all I have today.         I hope you know that you are loved by the Creator of this grand universe and that He wants us to be in right relationship with Him.       the only way to be in right relationship is thru the shed blood of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.        Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father.       if you don't know Jesus, then you don't know God.         today is the day salvation.       repent of your sins, ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life and believe that He is who He said He is. 

the whole world celebrates Christmas.         but it's sad to say that most of the world doesn't even know what Christmas is about.         "Christ"mas IS about Christ.       nothing more, nothing less and nothing else.        so, if you don't know what Christmas is about, now is the time to find out.         it's about the birth of our Savior!!!!      praise His holy name!!!         thank You Father that You loved us enough to provide the ONLY way to be in right relationship with You!!!!!        and that way is Jesus Christ!!!!!

be blessed today, thank God for this awesome day ahead of us.      hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment