Monday, December 4, 2023

Country Drive and Trees

good morning y'all.       it's another nippy morning here.          I don't like looking at the weather apps any more.         last night, when the weather app said it was supposed to be about 50 degrees, it was already down to 34 degrees!!        and the same this morning because it was supposed to be 42 degrees but it was actually 35 degrees.        so I don't know what's happening with the weather apps, but it's a little frustrating.      they don't know what they're doing but my regular plain old thermometer outside is more trustworthy than the new fangled contraptions and all the fancy cell phone apps.      I'm done with them.       I'll just set my trusty rock out and deal with my weather that way.        if I touch it and it's hot, it's hot.      if I touch it and it's cold, it's cold.       if it's wet, it's raining.       if it's white, its snowing.      if it's gone, the wind has blown.        I'm good with that.        hahahaha

I think we're gonna take a trip up to Ky this morning, so this will be short and sweet this morning.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

***************************************

here's a quick little funny that I found and shared and thought I would share it with y'all.         just something to put a quick smile on your face this morning.        hahaha          hope you like it.


*******************************************

what do you see when you take a country drive?         this is what I seen back on Dec. 13th, 2020.        I hope you enjoy this read.        

Country Drive and Trees

we went for a little country drive this afternoon.        as we was going along the country roads, I took a few pictures of the trees.         some were large and majestic, others were young and just getting started in their career at being a tree.           I don't think of trees as often as I should, I guess.          but this afternoon I did.          with each tree, comes it's own set of growth pains and scars.   

this time of year, the pain they have lived thru is more evident.        in the late spring, all summer and early fall, the trees are completely dressed out in their beautiful raiment.       the trees are evident in size, but we can't see a lot of the distress and brokenness that their foliage covers.         also, because of their beautiful raiment, we can't see all the beautiful creatures that take shelter in the canopy of the fully dressed trees.         creatures of all sizes and shapes are at home on the branches in the tree tops.  

if we are fortunate, we may see a squirrel running up a tree.        or we may see a wise old owl setting high.          we may even see other birds and a world of insects that we can't even imagine.        then too, we may even hear a wood pecker drilling for insect larvae.          we can't imagine the storms of life that some of these vast trees have lived thru and I don't even think about it, until the trees drop their beautiful raiment.           then, there they stand in all their bareness, for us to see.           most of the time, I don't even notice, but today, I noticed.

it's clearly evident, that even some of the smaller trees have weathered some storms.       maybe some of the storms that blew thru this year could have damaged some of the limbs.         some of the older trees bare scars and brokenness from 50 to 75 years ago or longer and clearly, more recent scars.  

every scar tells a story.        wouldn't it be awesome to know some of those stories?        but then again, they might not want to tell those stories, even if they could.        some things are painful to remember.  as I thought about the trees, I was reminded that the trees are very similar to human beings in that respect.        some of us have weathered a lot storms.         some of us have a lot of scars.       some of us don't like how we look when we don't have our beautiful raiment on, or our smiles or our makeup, or what ever it may be that we hide behind to keep our scars and brokenness from showing.        just like the trees, with each passing year, we collect more scars and possibly even more brokenness.        but just like the trees, the birds and animals and insects keep coming back to those trees to be a shelter from the storms, to be a place of comfort when the breeze blows, to listen to peaceful sounds of the rustling of the beautiful raiment on each tree.  

I also think of all the uses that trees have had down thru history and even today.        I wonder what kind of tree was used to make the manger that Jesus was placed in when he was born and I also wonder what kind of tree was used for the Cross that He bore for my sins.       He was a carpenter, so as creator of all the trees, you would have to think that He appreciated all the scars and brokenness that He seen and noticed on all the wood that He worked with.

just like with the trees, Jesus notices all of our scars and brokenness that we have as a result of all the storms that we have withstood.         but just like the animals that still love the trees, Jesus loves us so much more.          He finds us very useful, even with all the scars and brokenness that may have come over the years.          some of our tears may have watered some of those trees thru the years.       some of our scars may have been the very thing that someone else needed to see in order to help that person thru their storm.         some of our brokenness may have been what helped someone find a way to survive their own brokenness.

with each year, we grow mightier, we grow more fragile in ways, we learn new things, we share more with others, all the while, with each new year, our roots are growing deeper and stronger.       deep and strong roots is what causes a tree to stand tall and keep providing shelter from the storms and comfort as the scars are healing.          just as a tree needs to have deep and strong roots in the soil, we need to have deep and strong roots in Jesus.          He alone can make something from our brokenness and scars.

look at each tree and and see how beautiful the structure actually is.       you can see where limbs have been broken.         you can actually see some of the scars as far off as you can see the trees, but the birds still take shelter in the trees.         regardless of what the tree of your life looks like, just know that it is beautiful and is needed in the landscape of life and that your tree will keep on being remembered and loved well past your days.

this came about from a short little drive thru the country side, looking at the beautiful structure of bare trees standing tall and beautiful and the Lord helping me make sense of what was actually running thru this noggin.       sometimes it's a little scary, this time it wasn't.      hahaha 


I hope that as you look at each tree in your life, that you can see some of the beauty, some of the brokenness, and some of the healing.          I pray that what ever you do see, that it's covered with the beautiful ramient of the blood of Jesus Christ.           just like these trees will be covered and dressed up really beautiful in the spring and summer with all their glorious leaves, we can be covered by the blood of Jesus all the time.         Thank You Jesus for coming into all my broken places, all my mess, all my sinful places and covering me with Your Robe of Righteousness.         

I'm thankful for all the trees that I get see from time to time and I take notice of them more since this particular day.          it opened my eyes to just how much we are like trees.           the storms early this year brought down a lot of trees around us and it was by the Hand of God, that our lives and property was spared.          in looking at the trees that came down, it was clearly evident that those trees didn't have much of a root system.         the roots were shallow.            we can be like trees, we can have a shallow root system that won't stand up to the storms of life.         Lord, help me to establish even deeper roots to serve you better when the storms of life come through again.       there are a lot of things that I don't even want to think about having to deal with.        but I pray that I'm rooted deeply enough in You, that when they do come along, You can help me withstand these storms as the come.   
**********************************
I leave you with the knowledge that God loves us enough to provide a way for us to be in right relationship with Him thru the shed blood of Jesus Christ.        if you don't know Jesus as your personal Savior, why not?        now is the day of Salvation.       Jesus Christ is the only means of salvation.      He is waiting for you.         blessings, hugs and love to you all today, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment