Saturday, December 9, 2023

Hymns, Salads and Breads........oh my

good morning y'all.          we got with a dismal looking sky and the promise of storms.         I don't look forward to it all, but we'll have to take it as it comes along.          I just need to remember to keep Jesus Christ at the forefront of all I do today.          I hope that we all remember to keep Jesus Christ at the forefront of all that we do today.         I don't hear much going on outside this morning.           it's pretty quiet and that's unusual.          I'm guessing the animals are sensing a change in the weather.           

just a few more days, on Dec 21st, and the days will start getting longer by seconds.         YAY!!!!!        I look forward to that every year.           as I wait for the days to get longer, I'm also thinking about all the seeds I want to order for spring.             I'm hoping at some point in time that I can start saving more of my seeds and not have to buy so many, unless I just want to buy them.         

so while we're facing the whole winter season, I'll still be dreaming about starting my garden in the spring.         what are your dreams?          

**********************************************

let's do a another quick "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".           since colderer weather is here, we're starting to get the taste for summer salads in the winter again.       and I'm loving it.         with about an hour of prep work, I can have veggies ready for salads and other cooking.         I can't remember if I've shared this before or not, so if I have I'm sorry.           but I have a big vaccum box that I put my washed and cleaned lettuces in, in layers with clean paper towels between the layers.          then I vac out the air and the lettuce stays good and fresh for a week and half or more.         I've been doing this for 2 or 3 years.           it works like a charm.           and I also got bell peppers, carrots, green onions, radishes, red onion and white onion diced.            I cut everything in pretty good size pieces so I can use it in general cooking.           it's also very easy to cut into smaller pieces for our salads.             it took me about an hour to get all this prepped and ready to use.              I also saved all the roots from the green onions and those will be planted in one of my garden towers on the deck and we'll have onion greens in the spring.         just clip them off and they will grow again.         I love to get lettuces with the root balls on them and plant them also.          just about anything with a root on can be replanted to harvest the edible leaves.            it's fun to see what all we can actually grow from scraps.         by the grace of God, we'll be eating our own lettuces along with what we buy.            hopefully we'll eat our own lettuce along with storebought lettuce.              anyway, just wanted to share a little bit of my salad prep.  


************************************************

this was another pretty recent "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".  it was dehydrating day.  

pic 1. 2 cans of canned pineapple in100% pure pineapple juice. drain the pineapple juice.        will use that in bread.         2 - 20oz cans made almost a quart of juice, that's 3 batches of bread.    yay and yum!  

pic 2.  the ginger, pineapple, and mango will be used to flavor my kombucha and to make powders for all kinds of things.  

pic 3.  2 trays each.

set dehydrator to 115* and will let it go till it's all crispy dry.       it takes several hours, the rest of the day and then more time tomorrow.          the amount of time will depend on things like the moisture in the produce, the size and thickness of your pieces of produce and the ambient humidity in your home.

just remember that it's not done till it's "cracker crisp, bone dry, rock hard".           if it doesn't fit one of those criteria, keep dehydrating till it does, for as long as it takes.


these are always so good and I love finding new ways to use these particular items.
***************************************************

what did you get up singing this morning?   

I must tell Jesus.....is what I got up singing.    

one of the great old hymns of faith that is such a comfort to me.   Jesus always listens, no matter what it is, He hears us.  
 
I must tell Jesus!

I must tell Jesus!

I cannot bear my burdens alone;

I must tell Jesus!

I must tell Jesus!

Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

won't you join me in singing this today.

**************************************************

first batch of Naan bread, baked, in a while!!         haven't tested one of these, but they look mighty good to me.        the next batch I make will be flavored with something, I don't know what yet.         I actually did put about a half tablespoon of bagel seasoning in this batch, but everything but the black sesame seeds disappeared.           hahaha           these will freeze well and I'll put 2 to a bag and they will be an easy way to start a meal.          these were actually baked in the oven, yay!!           most of the time they are fried in a skillet.              I prefer baking.  then I brushed them with a little melted butter when they come from the oven.          yum!!   anyway, just wanted to share.           have a great rest of your day!!

these are beautiful and delicious.         they freeze well.          and they're very to thaw and use.

************************************************
and yet, one more "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".             we like bread and I bake a lot of it and freeze a lot.           I made the dough in my bread machine.           just a basic bread machine recipe.  then took it from the bread pan and weighed it and then divided it up into 16 balls and baked 12 of them and made bread sticks with the other 4.                I sprinkled "everything but the bagel"" on them.   when the bread sticks was cooling, someone stole 2 of them.          

"oh man, if I ever catch who it was".............hehehe, she said while licking her fingers. hahahahaha 

well, I only ate one and hubby ate the other one.          gotta do a taste test and I forgot to take a pic when they was fresh from the oven.         better late than never.  hehehe          they went well with our lunch.          I need to work on getting my bread sticks a little thinner, (just like I need to work on getting me a little thinner, she said while licking her fingers , hahahaha)      since today is national garlic day, this is my garlic bread offering, because the "everything but the bagel" seasoning is garlic forward.  you know it's there for sure.           but it's good.           the rolls will serve as buns too.          I put some raw wheat germ in them and it gives them a little additional color plus a little extra protein.          these are really good.         next time I make them, I need to make more bread sticks.          they are just plain fun.  


I mentioned weighing my dough.             it's kinds hard to get equal sized rolls and buns, but when I started using my scales and then dividing a dough ball into so many pieces and making sure each ball weighed the same, my rolls and buns all look better and more alike in size.           so if you have trouble getting equal sizes, weigh your dough ball in grams, divide that weight into so many rolls and then make sure they all weigh the same in grams.    
**************************************************
with the storms rolling across the land today, let's sing this song to God.           I do pray for God's protection over all of with the approaching storms and for those already in harms way.        

"When the Storm Passes By"

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face,
While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place.
'Mid the crash of the thunder,
Precious Lord, hear my cry,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Many times Satan whispered, "There is no need to try,
​For there's no end of sorrow, there's no hope by and by"
But I know Thou art with me, and tomorrow I'll rise
Where the storms never darken the skies.

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

When the long night has ended and the storms come no more,
Let me stand in Thy presence on the bright peaceful shore;
In that land where the tempest, never comes,
Lord, may I Dwell with Thee when the storm passes by.

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

such a beautiful song and such a wonderful place to be, "in the hollow of Thy hand".   

Lord keep us till the storm passes by.
********************************************
as I leave you this morning, I hope you'll sing one or both of the songs I shared with you this morning.  just some good bible based hymns that are old, proven and have stood the  test of time.         I hope you know that God wants to hold you in the hollow of His  hand.           what better place to be!!!           I hope you know that you have a relationship with Him thru the shed of His Son, Jesus Christ.         that is the only way known to God to have a relationship with Him.             That is only way that He provided to be in right relationship with Him.           Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to the Father.          if you don't know Jesus today, why not?         today is the day of salvation.

blessings of love, hope, peace and joy be yours today and every day, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment