Wednesday, December 27, 2023

I got some bread made, YAY!!!!

good afternoon y'all!!!!!           I almost missed posting today.        I want to try to finish the year up strong and the then we'll go from there.          hahaha           it was a little shocking this morning.          our temps have been above freezing for the past few morning and this morning it was down to 25* when I checked it.       and I'm thinking it probably got a degree or two cooler than that.        well, after all, it's just barely winter and I know we'll have a lot colder mornings than this.         we're up for "maybe" getting a few flurries tomorrow.          we'll have to wait and see about that.          anyway, I say let's just enjoy whatever the Good and Gracious Lord gives us.          that's what I plan on doing.        sounds like a good plan, huh.

**********************************************

do ya know what today is?              well, let me tell ya.          it's "National Eat What Ever You Want Day".         you heard me, eat what ever you want!!!             so, get that big pot of chicken beak stew going, throw a couple of spam burgers on the grill.            fry up some pickled innards.....................oh, just about anything you can think of would fit the menu for today.                 go ahead, be bold, try something new.               I gave you some suggestions, but I'm sure you can come up with some of your own concoctions.               just have fun and be adventurous.

*************************************************

so my plans were to get some bread baked yesterday.            well, I got some baked, but not what I actually planned on.          I baked a skillet of cornbread wedges.         I didn't get a picture of them.      why, because I just plum forgot about taking pictures of it.        but it's good and my husband can attest to that.         he had a buttered piece with a bowl of beans.         hahaha         one of his favorite meals.

but, today I got some yeast rolls and a tiny loaf of bread made.         yay!!!!          I did remember to get pictures of this bread.        


this is what a 3 cups of flour, dough ball looks like.           this is a fantastic batch of bread.         it's from a very old recipe that I've converted to use in the bread machine.          I was looking for something different for a change and I came across this recipe.         the last time I'd used this recipe was sometime in 2022.         so I dusted it off and I'm happy I did.



I made 12 rolls/buns and one loaf from what would have been 4 more rolls/buns.           I think I've shown y'all my silicone roll pans that makes 6 rolls at a time.          I have 2 of those pans.         so once I take my doughball from the bread machine, I weigh it in grams.          then I divide that weight into 16 or 18 rolls.        this time I made 16 balls.        then I start picnhing off that many balls of dough, weighing each ball so they all weigh the same.

once  I get them all weighed, I start mashing each ball down into the silicone pans and then I let them rise and bake them and they are almost perfect.           I took the last four dough balls and stacked them together and smashed them and worked them back into one cohesive ball and made a small loaf with it.      


as you can see, these look really good and they will also taste really good.          great for my husbands breakfast sandwiches and wonderful for hamburgers and sandwiches.



after seeing these again, I may have to figure out how to have a sandwich for supper.     hahaha

I hope if you don't make fresh homemade bread that you'll give it a try.         especially if you have a bread machine.          get it out and use it.         it will be ne the best things you've done in a long time.

*************************************************

well, I'm gonna make it short and sweet today.         I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and I hope to see you back here real soon.         blessings of mercy and grace be yours today.       hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment