Tuesday, December 5, 2023

"Qu"ick, Ch"ea"p and Ea"sy" meals

good morning beautiful friends.          I hope it's a lovely day where ever y'all are today.          I'm thinking that maybe winter is trying it's best to make to my neck of the woods.        it will show up and hang around for a while soon enough, so I'm hoping for a few more warmish days.        we took a drive up to Ky yesterday and most of the trees are bare and the farmers have gotten all the crops in and I must say that it's a little desolate looking now.          but everything has to rest, soil does the land and the trees.      we wait for the rebirth when spring approaches.        I'm always ready for spring.

oh, I got a couple of my seeds catalogs, one on saturday and another one yesterday.        so I'll be placing an order very soon and I look forward to that.         just hoping everything I want will still be available.        they'll start putting out seeds to sell pretty soon in the stores too.        and I'm always browsing them when I can.       a very dear friend of mine sent me a TON of herb seeds and I'm so excited to have those and to see what I can grow.       so with that bunch of seeds she sent me, I didn't even have to look at herbs in the catalogs.        I'm looking forward to spring and all the opportunity and promise that it has with it.        in the mean time, I'll try to enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for every day that He gives me.        

****************************************

so, let's take a look at some of the simple easy meals we eat on a regular basis.        as I do different things, I'll share them.


this is what I had for supper the other night. shrimp and grits!!!       it was "slap your neighbor" delicious!!          it truly was.        I used lots of garlic and butter and a liittle bit of amino acids.       just like I like it.       and I made the grits using lots of chicken stock.        lots of flavor going on in this dish.         ok, no drooling, it's really not very becoming.    😂😂      oh, I don't care if you drool, go ahead, drool away.        may have it again tonight.       hahaha         hubby had something different.


another meal we had here back.        it was pretty delicious if we do say ourselves.        I took 2 cod filets and cut them into 6 bites each.       I coated the cod bites in pecorino romano bread crumbs and wowzers!!!!         I popped 2 potatoes in the microwave and then I cut them into 6 wedges each.        I spritzed them with avocado oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.         I put the cod poppers in the freezer for a few minutes once I got them breaded and then put them in the airfryer, after I spritzed them with avocado oil, at 400F for about 15 minutes.        after about 6 minutes I flipped the cod poppers and then I put the potatoes in and let them go for a few minutes.        then I put the hushpuppies in the last few minutes.         it really was a delicious meal.  


this is another yummy dish.       I made these greenbeans wrapped with turkey bacon and airfryed.       I've been making these for a while and I finally got a picture the other day.       these are so good!!!!        I do love the turkey bacon on them.             this is wellshire farms turkey bacon, eight slices split down the middle and then wrapped around the previously steamed greenbeans and airfryed the bacon for at least 10 to 13 minutes or until the color is what you want.         I did sprinkle a dash of cavendars greek seasoning before airfrying. these are so yummy and so easy.         2 ingredients, that's it.         we also like this with asparagus and dill pickle spears.          wrapping them in bacon and airfrying them is the way to go.      this is a great "snacky" type meal and it's really filling.      we really enjoy this.     if you haven't tried it yet, please do.        it's delicious.


this is one of our fav meals. air fryer teriyaki salmon.         I put a little salt and pepper on our salmon and then brush on some treiyaki sauce, both sides.          put it in the air fryer on fish setting or 400* for about 10 minutes and flip it, and brush on a bit more teriyaki sauce, and let it go for a few more minutes to get both sides cooked and the teriyaki sauce kind a carmelized.        also toss in a few hushpuppies and heat those in the air fryer while whipping up a salad to go with it.        I try to keep stuff prepped in the fridge for easy meals and having veggies for salads prepped, sure makes it easy.         


I try to do "batch cooking" of some things and keeping potatoes for the mister and sweet potatoes for misses in the fridge is a must for me.         so this is how I do it.            I fix two sheet pans, one of each.         for the mister, his potatoes gets a ranch seasoning or some other seasoning on them and for me.              I just put a little cinnamon on mine and bake them in the big toaster oven till they are done.          this is what we had for supper the other night with the tuna patties and little side salad.        it was just so good.          when we get ready to have more potatoes, I'll just toss them in the air fryer to crisp them up a little bit.         they are as good if not better than hash browns.         hubby loves them and of course, I'm all about the sweet taters.         hahaha         and by the way, the sweet potatoes are delicious cold.         they're almost like eating candy, but it's just sweet tater and cinnamon.          there's also some tuna cakes in this picture  and I'll talk about them next.        then the storage box in the bottom right corner has both our taters in it.           when it's meal time, I can our tuna cakes and taters in the air fryer and in about 6 or 8 minutes, we're having a delicious piping hot meal.



these are tuna patties made from a little 5 oz can of tuna with the water drained.         I added about 2 or 3 tablespoons chopped onion, the same with chopped bell pepper, the same for diced celery, 1/4 cup flour, 1 egg and 1/4 cup of romano pecarino bread crumbs.        mixed well and divided into 2 portions and patted out 2 patties.           I sprayed both sides with a little avocado oil and put in the air fryer on fish setting.           if you don't have fish setting, 400* for 10 mins and then flip and go for another 6 or 7 minutes to get both sides browned.         the avocado oil helps it to brown.        these were very good.     I quit skillet frying fish cakes years ago when I started using my counter top oven (a really large toaster oven) to bake everything.          then along comes the air fryer and it's actually better in the air fryer.   you can put what ever you like in yours, this is just what we like and they turned out so good.         I do this with canned mackreal too.            I just pick out any bones and remove and of the skin and dark places in the meat when removing the skin.        the darker meat on mackreal and salmon has a strong fishy funky taste to me, so I take all that off.       and then they are so yummy and delicious.



everything I've share here in this blog are some of our favorite meals.         and I also like to do big batches of stuff we especially enjoy.          if makes for some of my "now famous" queasy meals.        hahaha    quick, cheap, easy meals.        and delicious!!!!        I make up my own words or give new meaning to already existing words, such as this one.        hahahaha        

blessings from my kitchen to yours.    

*********************************

that's about it for today.         I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and sommetimes I take pics and sometimes I forget.          I hope you seen something here that you want to  make.       if you have any questions, be sure and leave a question for me.         I hope and pray that you all have a blessed day today.         let us all try to be servants of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ as we go about our days.       bless others as we have been  blessed.         than God for allowing us to be a part of His grand plan today.        let us not take this time He has given us for granted.        

as we approach the day traditionally celebrated as the Birth of our Savior, let us also contemplate what His birth means for us.        if you have ever read any of the Old Testament, then you've read about all the animal sacrifices and everything that had to be done.       when I read all that, I'm so thankful that God's plan was for a Savior to be born.        I can't imagine how difficult it would have been to live back in that time.        the Old Testament shows us just how sinful we are and how we sin willfully all the time.        even at out best, we're still wicked and evil.         so we can see how we need a Savior.       I'm so thankful that God already had the plan of salvation designed, long before He created the heavens and the earth.        as the time approacches, may we stop and thank God every day for His blessed provision.        Thank You Jesus, that chose to be "The Way Maker" for all of us that have accepted You as our Lord and Savior!!!!

blessings of peace and joy be yours today, patty         

No comments:

Post a Comment