Sunday, December 10, 2023

A New Day to Praise God!!

good morning dear ones!!!!         I pray that this finds you and loved ones doing well this morning.          yesterday was a day and a half long for us.          the weather was a mess and as much as you prepare, sometimes you still can't feel like you've done all you can do.         but you just try to be as prepared as you can.

the weather took a turn after lunch on in the afternoon.          the tornado sirens started going off around 3 pm.         the sirens and then the loud speakers telling everyone to take cover and I don't know what all else.          at that time we still had power so we was tracking it on the local news and what they was showing, strictly weather and mapping it out as to where it was going.

my little community, or as I like to call it, "my neck of the woods" was in the path of the storms rolling thru.        tornado warnings had been going off for about an hour and a half and somewhere around 4:15pm the power just went off.         no blinking or anything, it just went off.          it was already mostly dark outside just due to the skys being black with the storm.       

so while we try to be as prepared as possible, it still takes you by surprise.         I can say that I was doing a lot of praying.           I don't do facebook or anything else on my cell phone but communication with family and friends.           that's it.          but I did manage to find a skimpy little bit about what was happening.         our next door neighbor would call us with what he had heard from his family.         so that helped.    

just before the power went off, I had the feeling that I needed to get a bite fixed for us for supper, so I threw stuff together and we sat down earlier than usual, and we watching the news.        tracking the storm, and that's when the power went off.         I have an electric recliner and I usually sit down in it and raise the foot rest and turn the heat on for my back.         I had sat down, but had not put the foot rest out.         the power went out about 3 minutes after we started eating.        I got up fumbling around in the dark to get the flashlights and then we finished eating supper.       

it was black as pitch outside and looking up the street both ways, you couldn't see any lights period.      other than flashlight and candle light rooms.      so we finally started thinking about the time and we knew that if saved the food in the fridge, we'd have to do something pretty soon.       so we finally opted to open the fridge door and the temp was rising.         it got to about 45.         I keep my fridge set on 38.        so we went out and started getting a generator ready to hook up to the house.        and we worked on it in the dark.         it was really scary.        both of us had flashlights but we both were stumbling around in the dark.         I was petrafied one of us would fall and get hurt.      

so we kept pushing thru the darkness and rain and got the generator set up and hooked up.        the fridge had not kicked on yet.        and as my husband was trouble shooting, we were getting frustrated.   and at about 9:45pm the power came back on.        praise the Lord!!!!!!

it took over an hour for the fridge to start working once the power came back on.       but it finally did start.

all the while we were keeping busy with getting the generator hooked up, we had no idea at what was happening out town.         one whole section of our town was devastated.          we're so thankful there was no loss of life.         we haven't been out to see the devastation yet, but we praise God for His protection over the people here in our community.        while there was lots of devastation to businesses, there wasn't any loss of life.        there was some injuries, but we haven't heard to what extent yet.       most reports are saying minor injuries.          

I'm praying for all those that have been affected by the storms of yesterday.         there was loss of life on 2 sides of us, in 2 neighboring towns.          we grieve their loss with them.         there was lots of damage in many areas all around us.         I pray for God's hand in the cleanup and rebuilding of lives and businesses.         I pray that God will heal hearts from the pain of the loss of family members and members of their communities.         I pray that God will help us all to recover from this tragedy.

I'm so thankful it wasn't any worse than it was.        I praise His Holy Name this morning for looking after us.       let us take this new day to praise God!!!

this is all I have today.         I ask you to pray for all the communities that were devastated by these tornadoes and pray for the families that lost loved ones.

you are loved today.        blessings of peace, joy and safety be your's today, patty  

No comments:

Post a Comment