Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Happy Hump Day from the Giraffe, hahahaha

good afternoon and happy hump day from your wild and crazy weather lady out here in her neck of the woods.          hahahaha            it's a glorious 59*!!!!!           can you believe that???!!!!?!           one week ago today it was a frozen tundra around here coming in at NEGATIVE 9!!!!!!        yes, -9*!!!!!            a temp change of 68* in a weeks time.         and I'm not compaining one little bit.         it's raining and has been raining a solid 48 hours with that many or more hours to come.         that's ok.         it's not ice and it's not snow, so I'm good.       hahaha           I'm praying that it will reflect nicely on our utility bill.

we got out  for a few minutes this morning and done a little shopping in the town over from us a little ways.          it's still in our county, just on  the other side of the county.           got a few staples back in supply that we used when we didn't get out of the house all the time it was snow and ice and a frozen mess. 

one of the things that I got that wasn't on the list was fig newtons.         my hubby loves them and they were good price, so I picked up a couple packages.        I stocked up on my coconut milk in cartons.         I couldn't find my canned canned coconut milk like I usually get, so I guess I'll order it from amazon and get that back in stock in my pantry.

now is the time to stock back up and get ready for the next round of bad weather that may be rolling thru sometime in February.            we've already had the heads up for that and we could get another snow and ice storm worse than what we just had.          so, now is the time to stock up.          and pray that it doesn't happen.      get prepared.          plan for the worst and pray for the best.       and when you do that, you can rest assured you've done all you can do to be prepared and know the rest of it is in God's hand.        I do believe that He expects us to do a little/lot for ourselves and not wait for someone else to do it for us, if we're able to do it for ourselves.

so if you're on the other side of the bad weather that a lot of us have had, just know that there is no time like the present to get prepared.            take stock of your cabinets and fridge and freezers and shop according to your needs.        for the next couple of weeks, I'll only be replacing things that we used while I couldn't get out and go to the store.         once that goal is accomplished, then I can get the extras and frivolties, so to speak.         

check your fresh fruits and veggies, eggs and cheeses, flours and cornmeal, oils and butter, meats, chicken, fish and seafood, breakfast meats, popcorn, coffee and tea, sugars and sweeteners and creamer, shelf stable nut milks, quick canned goods, peanut butter and crackers, canned tuna and whatever else that you like to keep on hand in your prepared pantry.         and plenty of food that can be eaten without any heat, because we could have a power outage.     just think about all the things that can be eaten without heating or cooking and stock up on some of that.  

just be prepared.          it's always good to be prepared.

************************************************

a funny little story:  I don't even know how this came about over the last couple days, but my hubby and I were picking at each other and he said something like, "you're a keeper!!"         I laughed and said that I "guess" he was too.          and he questioned me for using the word "guess".           I just laughed and told him that he still owed me.           he wanted to know what he owed me for.         I just told him that I can't believe that he would ever forget the debt  he owed me.           he kept looking at me with seriously questioning eyes.           he finally asked me what he had forgotten.         and I laughed real big and told him that he had forgotten all about being a bought, kept and paid for man.          and we both cracked up.           he said "and I would have it NO other way!!!"           so that has been our running joke for going on 45 years.     

if you want to know the back story to him being a bought and paid for man, well, here it is.           we were and still are as poor as Jobs turkeys, but when we went to get our marriage license in september of 1979, he didn't have to money to pay for them, but I did.         later on when we sorta got on our feet a little bit financially, we laughed about it.        and he's the one that said he was a bought and paid for man.          so that has been our running joke for all these years and we still get a laugh out of it.       I'll have to say that it was the best $10.00 I ever spent!!!          who knew it would be the best investment I ever made????    

I'll tell you who knew, God!!!!           He knew!!!!!!!          He has been in the midst of our marriage even before we knew  would get married.         He knew we would!!          and I am so thankful to Him that He has been such an integral part of our lives as one together in Him and as individuals.         He knew what He was doing when we didn't think we knew.         

the last Friday in January is the first night we had a date.          it started snowing that night when he was bringing me home and it was 3 weeks before we had another date.         sometime in February, we had another date and you guessed it, it snowed again that night and it was another 3 weeks before we had another date.        all the people that I worked with told me that I couldn't go out with him anymore until it got to 100* outside so there would be no chance of snow.         hahaha

so even thru all the snow, we have a lot to be thankful for.           45 years of being best friends!!!       I am so thankful to God every day for him and all that we have been thru over the years.         we've been thru enough that would cause others to throw in towel.          truth be known, we both may have thought about it over the years, but we always kept God where He belongs.         if God is the head of all you both do, then He will keep you thinking right and straight.  

so while this little story was kinda funny, it's something that we cherish and hold on to, because we know that God has been first place in all of our days.         have we both always been perfect to each other?             absolutley not!!!           but we've always kept God in first place and that makes a difference.  

I hope if you haven't put God first place in your lives that you will do it today.          He can make all the difference.            He will make all the difference.           but you got to want Him.            I pray that you do.           He is readily available, tthru the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.        He has provided a way for us to be in right relationship with Him thru Jesus.        that's it.         that's the only way to the Father, is thru the Son.         I hope you know Jesus.         Jesus sure wants to know you.        my prayer is that for everyone who has ever read my blog to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and that we can all hang out one of these days in heaven.         wouldn't that be a wonderful gathering, it sure would!!!           so I'm just gonna say it, I'll see ya in heaven one of these days.        

well, that's all I have today.         blessings of warm weather and warm hearts and fond memories and exciting days ahead.        hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment