Thursday, January 4, 2024

Good Thursday Morning

good morning y'all!!!!          we're still enjoying the cold on these winter, frosty mornings.         even though it was 30* this morning, there wasn't any frost for a change.          I consider that good.         as I type, I hear the train rolling thru town and he blows the horn at some intersections.         I always wonder what they are hauling and where they are going.        I know that's strange,  but I've been wondering that for over 23 years now.        hahaha          in the spring when all the trees start putting on their leaves and getting all dressed up for summer, we'll not hear the train as loudly as we do right now.        the leaves act as a noise barrier.       but for now, that's what we hear frequently and it's all good.

I got 4 loads of laundry washed and dried yesterday!!!        we cleaned up a lot of food from the fridge yesterday too.         sooooo, today will be a cook day for me.          I'll get some turkey corn chowder made, some cornbread swirls, and regular cornbread wedges, and possibly a batch of pinto beans.         I also have some salad fixing in the fridge that I need to get washed and put into my salad box for them to be an easy meal.      I cooked a package of chicken legs one day this week and got about a gallon of bone broth from the bones, so that wil be used in my turkey corn chowder and beans.        I love starting my beans with a delicious bone broth.       it just adds to the health benefits.

*********************************************

this was actually from a few months ago.  it was a day just like today, so I thought it was fitting to share it.       this is one of my projects for the day.          the only thing different is that today's cornbread swirls won't have any sourdough starter in them.         oh the pain of not having any sourdough starter right now, but that's on my "to do" list too.        hahaha

today was "cook" day.            not that every day isn't, but today was "more" cook day.          I put on a pot of pinto beans seasoned with onions, yum!!!           I baked a batch of cornbread wedges, but the first thing I baked was my famous (😂) cornbread swirls.          they always turn out so good.         I forgot to take a pic before baking to show much they rose, and I forgot to get a pic while the pan was still full.       hehehe          there is always 2 pieces that is a little smaller than the others and I call those the sample pieces.         hahaha           you can tell by the spots on the parchment paper that they weren't too big.          so we always use those as the samples when they come from the oven.         my hubby said they weren't real good and he would eat my sample just to keep it from going to waste.         I almost took what was left of his away from him until he fessed up that he was just trying to get my sample too.         hahaha            anyway, I haven't shared these in a while and thought I would.         oh yeah, I added a 1/4 cup of sourdough starter to this and wow is it ever good.           I also put some sourdough starter in my cornbread wedges.           either tomorrow or Monday, I'll be making more yeast rolls,  maybe a batch of sourdough rolls too.            I bake a lot of bread and freeze it and then I'm not having to bake bread every day or every other day.           and I have it already baked and ready for sandwiches or what ever I need to do with it.          anyway, here's the pic of the rolls I made today and they are as good as they look.  

now, don't those just look fabulous!!!!!        they are so stinkin good!!!        we love 'em!!!

***************************************************


this is hilarious, but ohhhhh so true in so many ways!!        I hope you can zoom this up large enough to read it good.           I finally decided to share this and thought you all could use a good laugh.        I've had this for many many years and took a picture of it so I could share it.        hope you enjoy it.

***************************************************

what's for lunch???             a zucchini split and rubbed with olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a tablespoon of peccarino romano bread crumbs sprinkled on top.             baked in the oven at 425* for about 15 to 20 minutes, till it's the color of darkness you want. a little bit of cheese on top to melt. it's delicious!!!             I have 3 more to prepare just like this and they will be yummy!!! 


I encourage you to try this, you definitely won't be disappointed.        you can make it VERY calorie and carb friendly is you so desire.        I love this when hubby is having something a little heavier, this is just perfect for me.          I hope you'll give it a try.

****************************************************

this was from about a year ago.         it was a most spectacular morning and I wanted to share it with y'all.           I hope you enjoy it!!!!

there's just something about beautiful sights that make you feel differently.             sights that take your breath away.         sights that make you thankful and grateful to be a part of this world, this day.      sights that make you thankful and grateful that God allowed you to be a partaker of such beautiful imagery.       today is certainly one of those days!!!         if you looked out your window, here in my town, you may have seen something similar to this.          the trees were all a shimmer with that beautiful glaze of ice.        it looked like they were full of diamonds for the taking.       it was a glorious sight to behold.       I really wasn't interested in taking pictures, but the more I seen, I realized I should be taking a few pictures.          and I'm so thankful I did.         as far as the eye could see, you seen dancing diamonds in the trees!!   

the first picture is the iconic view at the top of the hill overlooking our grand city.         (I really wish it would have been a little sharper than it was, but I'm not complaining about my cellphone.)        I have loved this sight ever since I was child and coming thru the area.         it is a beloved sight of most people in the area.          and the dancing diamonds in all the trees makes it look like a winter paradise.

the other pictures were out of town a little ways on hwy.           just some very beautiful scenery on any given day, but today, it truly was majestic!!             as far as the eye could see, more and more and more dancing diamonds in the trees.   

this was just a very small sampling of the pictures that I took and I could have shared all 823 of them, (hahaha, actually about 20) but I just picked out 3 that stood out to me.  

who could create a masterpiece as beautiful as this????        only God!!!         only God would take the time to make such a masterpiece for His children to behold!!!!!

I pray that God will continue to allow me to see His blessings in such a spectacular way!!          we're not wealthy people at all.          but this morning, as a child of God, I feel like I got to see a small glimpse into maybe, just maybe, what heaven might look like with all the beauty and the streets of gold.              I just have to believe that there will probably be some dancing diamond filled trees somewhere along those glorious streets.

I hope and pray that wherever y'all are today that you took notice of the beauty around you.        it's there.        and most days I don't pay attention.         but on this particular morning, it was HARD not to notice the splendid beauty of how God dressed up the little piece of earth that we live on.          thank You God for allowing me to be a part of this day!!


I hope where ever you are that you get to see sights just like this!!!!           we can only thank God for them, because no matter what man tries, we can NEVER do what God does!!!!!!!          God's beauty can not be measured in any way.           it can only be enjoyed as the glorious masterpieces that they are!!         God is always busy creating these beautiful sights, it's up to us to take the time to see and notice them.           let's make 2024 the year of seeing God's masterpieces in His creation.

*********************************************

well, that's it for today.          I got to get up and get busy.          I pray that you all have a wonderful day and that you get much accomplished.         make God a part of your day and you will be blessed for sure.          take care till we meet right back here again.         blessings of love, joy and peace be yours today.           hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment