Monday, January 22, 2024

Using some of my dehydrated goods, Cran-Orange candy!!!

good morning folks.            this is your friendly weather woman coming at you once again from my neck of the woods with the latest on the weather.             it was a glorious 20* when I got up this morning, woop woop!!!          it is right now, as of 8:08am, 25* hot degrees!!!          oh yeah!!!          I'll take it.      hahaha          it is supposed to get above freezing today, praise the Lord!!!!            I just have to say it and I can't keep saying it enough, we truly are blessed to have gone thru this weather event and not lose our electricity!!!            thank You God, for Your watchcare and hand of protection over us.         I know others weren't so blessed and I grieve with them over the loss of their loved ones.         so that doesn't go unnoticed by me at all.          I'm just thankful and grateful for what God has done.

so, yesterday evening late, we wanted a little snacky snack.            I'm usually not one for a snack after six or seven o'clock in the evening.            but I got started at this early enough that I got it made and we got to sample it before going to bed.           ok, who am I kidding, we ate it.         there I said it, we ate it and it was delicious!!         hahaha

I have shown some of the cranberries and oranges that I have dehydrated in the past and that's what I used.         I had made a batch of powdered cranberry orange powder and that's what I wanted to use.        I got out the cran-orange powder and a make shift double boiler along with some white almond bark and commenced to melting the almond bark.         mission accomplished.          I thinned it down with another couple of ingredients so I could get a couple of tablespoons of cran orange-powder mixed in before it set up too quickly.


the above pic is of the mixture once I had in my silicon pan.           I popped it in the fridge and let it set up.             that little dab of mixture is about the size of a small saucer, so it's not a lot.

this is just the mixture without the jar in the picture.              it looks so good.            after it had been in the fridge for about 20 minutes cooling down, I took it out and used my metal spatula to loosen it from the silicone and turned it bottom side up for another 20 minutes.          when I was satisfied with what it was feeling like, I took it from the fridge and rolled it in a tight tube.            it looked kinda like a short fat sausage.           I thought I had a picture of that too, but I didn't see it on my computer.        I may not have sent it from my phone.


this is what it looked like once I got sliced into bite sized pieces.            this right here is the picture of yumminess!!!          this should be in the dictionary as a picture of "yummy".        hahaha


and I love that there are pieces of cranberry and orange that you can see.          this has a hint of tart along with sweet and creamy along with crunchy and chewy.         it truly is good.

and I'll tell you something, I was worried about what it would do to my blood sugar.           I'm not diabetic, but it runs in my family, so I keep a check on it every morning.             I figured my blood sugar would be sky high this morning.           it wasn't!!!       it was at 91, so I was thrilled with that number!!           usually, if I eat something like this, my blood sugar will be higher, sometimes a lot higher.          now, this doesn't give me the license to have this every day, but it looks like it's a treat that I may be wanting to have on hand for a bite when the craving hits.         but I was totally surprised by the number, yet thouroughly thankful and excited.           I will test my blood sugar the next time I have this and see if it's still running like that, if so, then it may be a good, one or two bite snack.

well, that's about all I have today.          it looks like it will get above freezing today and we have a couple of errands to run a little later on.           I hope everyone has a wonderful day.         let's all thank God for His hand of protection over us and keep Him first place in all we do today.          blessings of peace and mercy be yours today.           hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment