Monday, January 8, 2024

"Hope" in Christ is the Word for 2024!!!!!

good morning y'all.         I hope and pray that your day is going well.          we had an early morning appointment and I'm just now getting around to my blog today.      I don't know what we'll do this afternoon, but I really do need to get some bread made.        but we'll see if that happens.       I hope it does.        if I make bread, I'll still be dreaming of gardening.          I'm hoping to get my seeds arranged and ready to plant when it's seed starting time.          what are you gonna be doing this afternoon?        I hope you do something fun and worthwhile.

************************************
yesterdays blog post was anything but desireable.         but it was thought provoking for me to get it down and read it and then reread it.          how do we combat the evil that is running rampant on our planet?          HOPE in Christ!!!!!          our Hope in Christ is our only defense to what's going on.


"Christ, The Solid Rock"

1 My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.


Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand:
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.


2 When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace;
in every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil. [Refrain]


3 His oath, his covenant, his blood,
support me in the whelming flood;
when all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay. [Refrain]


4 When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found:
dressed in his righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne. [Refrain]

sing this song.       let this be the song for 2024.         it will be my theme song for this year.          I hope it will be your theme song too.          if we're not standing on Christ, we're standing on shaky ground.    let's make sure we're standing on the solid Rock, Jesus Christ!!!!
*************************************************

let's do a quick little "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".            I like to keep a good quick ferment going in the fridge.        get you a good clean sterile jar.         cut up an onion, red or any other kind of onion.        cut into thin slices and separate the slices.        take a jar just big enough to get the onions in it.          you don't have to use a large jar, unless you want to make a lot of fermented onions.         use a cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water, with a cup of pickling/canning salt added and then any spices that you may wish.         put in a clove of crushed garlic if you desire.         let this set out on the counter for at least 3 or 4 hours and then put in the fridge.          the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it will get.        this is really good to put on just about anything.          so if you want to try an easy ferment, this one is for you.        it's easy and delicious.         give it a try.
****************************************************
I think I'll wrap it up here today.        I pray you all have a great day.        keep your Hope in Christ!!!    there are unsettling times ahead for us, but we can still stand strong on solid ground, when we're standing on Jesus Christ!!!         may the blessings of be God be upon us all who are standing on Christ and living our lives based on our Hope in Christ.        may peace, joy and grace be upon us all.          husg, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment