Friday, January 19, 2024

Another Cold Day with a little more Ice and Snow

good morning beautiful friends.           yesterday was another bread baking day and it was a major success if I do say so myself.         I am looking forward to making more and more of this bread.         it's just about perfect for us.            the rolls are absolutley perfect.            I am so thankful to my friend Sylvia, for mentioning to me the broioche bread that she had made.          we share pictures with each other of all our treats and shennanigans that we find ourselves in when we get in the kitchen.       hahaha            so I got to searching thru all my old files and found the recipe that I shared yesterday.         I have no idea where it came from, but I tweaked it and made it my own and it worked.         and I shared it with Sylvia and she has already made some.         hahaha        and she liked it really well too.

I've had a bread machine for 16 or 17 years and I've worked with it over the years to learn what I can and can't do.         I wore my first one out 2 or 3 years ago and I'm on my second one.        well on the way to wearing it out too.       hahaha         I've done a lot of experimenting and tweaking recipes to suit our needs and tastes.        I encourage everyone to experiment and learn from those experiments.          but one thing to keep in mind is paying close attention to recipes that say  it's for "buns or rolls".          that is a dead giveaway that it should not be baked in the bread machine as is.        there is more dough than most bread machines can handle and it will rise and spill out into the bread making chamber and make a royal mess.          so always keep that in mind.        

if you do come across a roll or bun recipe that you want to bake in bread machine, at some point, well before it starts rising the last rise and baking, take out at least half of the dough ball.         I have done that before and I may do it at some point in time with this new brioche recipe.        this dough really rises, so I could take out at least half of it and still have a great sized loaf and get a few buns too.        so always be thinking out side the "box", or bread machine in this case and come up with ways to make good use of your time and machine.

I packaged up the 2 mini loaves and took them to the freezer in the garage and that's when I found out it had started sleeting again, then turned to rain and back to sleet and in the night, yup you guessed it, it started snowing again.           I'm really over it this time.        hahaha        as I sit here and type, the wind is picking up and if it keep snowing it could be worse than it has been.          it's 27* and that's as warm as it's gonna get today.  

we are getting "hous-i-tosis" from being all cooped up.           we haven't gotten any mail this week at all and I had ordered a new air fryer from amazon and come to find out, they was was delivering it by USPS and it was supposed to be here on tuesday and it's looking like it won't get delivered until next week, if then.          I'm upset at amazon and they have lost my business.         I'll not cut my nose off to spite my face, but they will be the last place on my list to order from.          

I don't want anyone putting their life on the line for delivery of any kind.         that's not it at all.           I don't like amazon not making good on their prime promises and turning our orders over to the USPS.          they don't handle the mail as well as they should these days, much less packages.          I have a great mail delivery lady, so this isn't a put down to her.         I'm just upset at amazon for ditching their promises.        I would feel a lot better if my air fryer was in the hands of amazon delivery, instead of the USPS.        ok, so I'm done with my gripe.           I guess the snow and ice is just getting to me.         hahaha

as it keeps on snowing, I still keep dreaming of spring and sowing seeds.          I'm really looking forward to it.          I just pray that I don't forget everything I want to do when the right time rolls around.

I've had a small stevia plant in the garage, nursing it along and it was doing pretty good and then we had -9 below 0 and that done the poor baby in.          they are really hard to get started, but I'm gonna order more seeds and see if I can get some going and do better with them.         I planted 5 seeds last year and 1 actually came up and lived.         so I'm hoping I can get a better sprout, growth and survival rate this year.         I had heard that they were a booger to get started and they are.       hahaha

I can't wait to get my greenstalks full of green beans.           I have 4 different varieties, all bush style and I'm looking forward to getting them started and hopefully I can get 2 crops of them this year.         I have frost covers to go over my greenstalks, so if I can get my beans going early, I can cover them with the frost covers and remove them during the day for sun and hopefully, I can get some early green beans.         right now, I'm concerned about all my garlic bulbs.           I have 4 keter raised bed garden planters and they have over 100 gralic bulbs between the 4 raised be gardens.         I do have frost covers over the beds, but I don't know if that will be enough to save them.          everyone keeps saying that garlic is hardy, so I guess I'll be finding out when the great thaw happens.         hahaha

well, I'm rambling because I'm stir crazy, or I may just be crazy in general.        hahaha          shhhhh, don't tell me what ya think, it might hurt my one "stir crazy" feeling that I have left.       hahaha

I hope you have a wonderful day.           it may be cold and icy outside, but inside it's cozy and warm and for that I am very grateful!!!          even on cold sunless days, Jesus is always shining brightly, we just have to look for Him.        He's there, in every heartbeat, every blink of the eyes, and every rise and fall of our lungs.         we have so much to be thankful for and while I did let off some steam in this post, I'm so thankful for the presence of God in my life and knowing that He alone, is in control.   

let's keep God first in all we do and say as we go thru this day.       thank you for spending time with me today.        I pray you all stay warm, full of the love God today.         warm hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment