Friday, January 5, 2024

Happy Friday!!!!!!

good morning friends!!!!!!!!        we've reached a milestone today, the first friday of 2024!!!!        how does it feel to ya?         well, it feels just about like any other friday to me, but I'll take it and make the best and most of it today.         we need to get out and get our walk in this morning.          it was 19* when I got up and it's just now 24*.         so if we go anytime sooon, we'll have to dress for success with layers and layers of clothes.         I like to get it over with, but it's really cold, so I don't know what we'll do.      

a little story of sorts.           years ago my Grandfather had some horses.         he always had mules for labor, but the horses were different.         Annie and Star was the 2 he got.         mom and daughter.         I always loved to be with Papaw when he was workin with Star to get her halter trained.         I was probably 11 or 12 at best.         but where ever papaw was, I was his shadow.        

we was in the barn and he had gotten the halter on star and she wasn't having any of it.          we was brushing her and trying to calm her down and she reared up on her hind legs, just a little bit, because papaw had a hold of the halter to keep her from going all the way up.          anyway, when she came down, one of her feet landed smack dab on top of my right foot.         her hoof scraped the hide off the top of my foot kinda like a rug burn.        it was in the summer time.          that whole summer I had a terrible time with that foot.         it hurt so bad.         going back to school in the fall was not fun either, but I made it and my foot finally got better.

all during high school, when playing sports, I would get a terrible sharp pain in the top arch of my foot and down I would go.        that happened many times over the course of my highschool days.        once out of school and working, the same thing would happen.          all my life, that happened.

fast forward to 2015 and I had an achilles tendon injury in my left heel.        I had to go to the local podiatrist and the first thing he done was get me on the xray machine and get an xray of both feet.      he came thru to the where I was and said he had a question for me before we even talked about the achilles tendon injury.        I said ask away.        he asked me if my feet ever hurt, my right foot in particular.      I said YES!!!!!          it kills me all the time.          it has for as long as I could remember and that my left one does too, but not nearly as much as the right one.

he told me then that I have just about the worst case of arthritis in my right foot as he's ever seen on anyone.       he literally told me that he doesn't even know how I can walk on that foot!!!        and I told him that is very difficult at times and that there is a lot of tears involved with getting around at times and he could definitely understand that.          he showed me the xray of both feet and my right foot looked like a heap of snow on the xray, you could only make out the toes and the heel portion of my foot.        on the left foot, you could see all the bones, but it was like looking thru a very frosted glass, looking at the top of that foot, but you could still make out all the bones.

all during that time being treated for the achilles tendon injury, I never remembered this incident with the horse stepping on my foot.         I was too concerned about the acchiles tendon injury and getting that healed.       

fastforward to 2023, and that's when my foot has really started giving me fits!!!!!        I have a precious friend in Arizona and she has been making some essential oil products for me to use on my feet and anywhere else that hurts, and those products that she has made for me has been a saving grace for me.      they truly have.

I said all of that to say this.         I got up this morning and right foot is killing me!!!         so I don't know if I'll be getting in any walking today or not.          I was on my feet all day yesterday cooking and getting food in the fridge for the next few days.         so I guess all of that is what got my foot to hurting.          I really don't know though.         I have started trying to find shoes that are gonna be better for my feet and that's so hard to do!!!!!!           I guess I'm gonna have to break down at some point in time and see if I can go to one of the places that specalize in helping you pick shoes and then add special orthotics in them to help relieve pain.        I don't want to go that route, because it's so terribly expensive, but that's what I'll probably have to do to get any relief.       

so that's where I am as of this morning.         pain in my right foot.         sometimes it keeps me from going grocery shopping and doing other things that I need to do.        oh, I'm not complaining because I know I have a LOT to be thankful for.         the pain does eventually subside and I can get things done.   at times, I know it's the weather causing a flare up, sometimes it's added sugars and additives and processed foods that cause come of the pain.         the main thing I'm trying to do right now is learn whether it's weather, food or just my foot acting up.          if it's weather and or food, it will not only be my foot, but it will be other places on my body that has had minor injuries that will also hurt.

at any rate, hopefully some time this year I can find out more about why my feet hurt so bad and hopefully find out something that will relieve some of the pain.      I don't know, we'll see what happens.

but, as Paul Harvey would say, "now you know the rest of the story".        hahaha

******************************************

yeaterday was a busy day.          I got a pot of turkey corn chowder made.         a batch of cornbread swirls made.           a pot of pinto beans cooked.          a skillet of cornbread wedges made.         I got breakfast made for me for the next 6 mornings, which included this morning.        as well as running a couple of errands.         so it was a very fruitful day and I guess without a doubt, that's why my foot hurts so bad today.

walking is our main agenda today, so we'll see if that gets done.          if I can't walk, then hubby can use the treadmill in the garage.          I can't walk on the treadmill because of a back injury, I can't pick my feet up just right to walk on a treadmill.        it will throw me like a bucking bronco.       hahaha         anyway, if it warms up a in a little bit, we'll try to get it done.

*************************************************

so this was a post that I had on facebook from back in summer of 2023.         since it's winter, this is what I dream of and though I would share this with y'all today.


it's a rainy morning here where I am, I thought I'd do another "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".        if you're up to, let's get at it.           on Monday, I picked a little from the garden and I had little extra to put with it, so some of it went on the dehydrator.            the first picture is of what I picked that morning.  not a boat load of anything and not all of it went on the dehydrator.           the sungold cherry tomatoes, strawberries, cayennes and mini bell peppers did not make the it on the dehydrator this time.          in time, some of the mini bells and cayennes will.  

what did make the cut is some 42 day tomatoes (not these though), fresno peppers, shishito peppers and my purple basil.              I turned my dehydrator on at 7:37 pm on Monday night  and I took my produce off this morning around 8:00 am.         just a tad shy of 36 hours.            in all honesty, I could have taken it all off last night.           the last time I checked before I went to bed, 99% of the peppers was ready and everything else was completely dry.            I didn't feel like doing it last night so I left it on all night.             that is the best part of finding the lower temperature that you can use that won't cause the natural sugars in your produce to turn brown.  

 after breakfast, I got everything off and jarred up and my dehydrator cleaned up and ready for the next batch.            the second picture is everything in the jars that I have had started and hope to fill this season.          I've already had to go up in jar size on some of them a time or two and will keep doing that for the foreseeable future.   

then when I'm done with all my dehydrating, I'll start making crushed shsihito peppers, crushed fresno peppers and crushed green cayenne peppers.         it will be my "new thing".  hahaha          then hopefully I can get some red peppers dehydrated too.    

I also had some more yellow squash that I dehydrated and a few red cherry tomatoes.          most of the tomatoes will be made into powder also.           just about all my jars is full except the purple basil, but I did have to go up a size.  hahaha        well, that's just about it for this rainy morning.       Lord keep us all safe till the storm passes by.




what I love about dehydrating, is that every little bit adds up.            I don't have to have a massive amount at any one given time.            just add to my stash as I have it.           little jars soon quickly give way to larger jars.           and I do love when the larger jars have to come out.

so while it's cold, this is what I'm dreaming about.          I'll be getting a few things started for the garden in a few days.        yay!!!!!

***********************************************

I hope and pray that y'all have a wonderful day today.          let's remember to God keep first and foremost in all we do and then what ever our day ends up looking like, we'll know that He seen us thru it.      may hope, peace and love be yours today.           hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment