Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Bread Day!!! Yay!!!

good evening y'all.            I finally got to get on here and make my blog post for today.            I am praying for everyone who is in harms way of the storms rolling thru.          we've had tons of rain and lots of wind today.         the winds are ferocious.          I am so thankful that all the trees that fell and then the others that was finally removed last spring.          I just  know that some of those trees would have come down today.        so I'm happy that they are gone.         I pray that everyone stays safe.

*****************************************

notice the title.        yeah, I got some bread made today.         and it's beautiful!!!            I love using my cuisinart bread machine, and this is why.

  

I love using the muffin top pans for my rolls.       they are 4 inches across and the perfect size.     my husband loves them.

I have 2 pans and made them full of rolls and then what was left, I put in a small loaf pan and they all turned out beautifully. 


that little loaf will make wonderful waffled french toast.         I look forward to that, we both do.        that will go good with a little country ham.        yes indeedie it will.       

*************************************************

was looking in some recipes and I found a very easy one to share.            everyone has probably had it before or fixed it yourself, but it's just a good one to remember.

The recipe is melt one stick of butter in a preheated 350 skillet.        Combine one cup of self rising flour, one cup of sugar, one cup of milk in a bowl.         Mix well.        Pour into the cast iron skillet.        Spoon in fruit over the batter, do not stir.         Bake approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown.       Enjoy

there are some things that I do differently and that's mainly what I wanted to share.         instead of skillet, I use a round cake pan lined with parchment.           I'll get the parchment shaped to fit the inside of the pan and take the parchment out and put the pan in the over to preheat.        then I'll put the parchment back in and put the butter on that and pop that back in the oven to melt the butter.         then I'll carry on as usual with the rest of the recipe.           next time I make it, I'll take pictures of the steps I do and share them.  

the reason I do this is because I don't like getting a huge mess on my seasoned cast iton skillets.        it's hard to get off without damaging the seasoning.          but it's perfectly fine to make the original recipe as is if you don't mind cleaning your skillet.

however you make this, it's a great, easy and quick finish to a nice meal.         a dollop of icecream on top is the icing on the cake.       hahaha
************************************************
let's do a "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".             so , I have some zucchinis in the fridge and had almost forgotten about them.           so I found them this afternoon and pulled one out and washed it and cleaned it up and made 4 flats from it.         I sprayed it with a dab of avocado  oil, and sprinkled it with a little bit of greek seasoning.              I sprinkled about a tablespoon and a half of bacon bits on them, next I put some onion shavings on them and last but not least, a little bit of white cheddar cheese.          popped it in the preheated oven at 350* and baked it for about 25 to 30 minutes.

and I have to say it sure did smell  good while it was cooking!!!!!            I put it on one of my air fryer parchment papers and it was perfect to bake those on.          I could have made them in the air fryer, but I opted for the counter top oven, because I didn't want anything blown around before it got set just a little bit.         preheating the air fryer will prevent anything from blowing around.          I just didn't want to mess with preheating the air fryer.    

tada!!!!!!!           oh my goodness gracious!!!            this is so good!!!!             I think I could have easily eaten 2 of them.            hahaha             it was so good.          I'll be having another one tomorrow.

along with the zucchini, I found the avocados that I had forgotten about also.          I felt of them and they all still felt good and not too soft.          I cut one open and it was totally beautiful.         I took the pit out and peeled the shell from the flesh of the avocado and it was gorgeous.         I put it in a bowl and mashed it with a fork and sprinkled the greek seasoning on it and sprinkled a little bit of lime juice just to keep it from turning dark.          I had about half of that avocado with the zucchini and it was a  perfect meal for me.        I love these easy and delicious meals.         this was just that.

my husband had a big bowl of beans and cornbread, which is his favorite!!          so it's wonderful to have good stuff on hand for him that I know he loves and then I can whip up something like this for me and not have to make 2 specialty meals.          but if there is something special that he wants me to fix for him, he definitely gets it.         it's a win win, for both of us.
**********************************************************
I guess I'll wrap this one up now.            stay safe from the storms passing thru.           if nothing changes between now and this time week, we'll be really cold, with snow and temps coming in at ZERO.       yes, you read that right if you read ZERO.         hahaha           not looking forward to it, but maybe we'll get it done with and behind us.        hahaha

let's remember to keep God first in all that we do.          blessings of safety, peace and mercy for all of us.      hugs, patty     

No comments:

Post a Comment