Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!!

good "COLD" morning y'all!!!          for living in a place that's somewhat  consixered the south, it sure is misleading these days.       hahaha           7* this morning is not your typical temp for my area.            just like it's not your typical situation for it to snow when the temp is in the teens, but........here we are.    hahaha          the weather is keep us on our toes and letting us get set in our ways as to what we think it should or should not do.         good golly, I'm ready for spring!!!!         hahaha          it will be a few days before it shows up though.          oh well, just gives me more time to plan and think about what I want to do this year in my garden.        I'm getting excited about sticking seeds in the dirt.        I hope you are too.

so, what did I do yesterday?          besides NOT getting a blog post up, sorry about that.         I done one of my favorite things, I baked bread.          I baked a batch of cornbread swirls to be exact.         I had made a couple batches of different soups and wanted bread to go with them.         I have another batch to bake today.        I also need to get my oatmeal chia breakfast jars made for me, for the next 6 mornings.        so I thought I would hop on here before I get in the kitchen, and totally forget about posting again today.        I actually thought about it last night after I went to bed, but I was snuggled down and wasn't gonna get back up.        hahaha        

so I do have a pic or two to share of what I made.            I always try to make good use of my bread machine as I will again today.             I make all my dough in it and then finish it up the traditional way.         so this is my cornbread swirls. 

I forgot to rotate the picture to get it oriented right.  sometimes my phone just does this when I'm not holding it like I should.       so I'm sorry about the orientation.           but they are all rolled up and buttered and waiting to rise a little bit.         these don't rise a whole lot, but they do rise some.        the most rise comes from baking.         they start rising pretty good in the oven.


these are our favorite cornbread rolls.          it's seems I'm ever tweaking the recipe, but it's good, really good.

my biggest problem is that I want them to be a little larger.        on the end pieces they will always be on the small side, but I wish the main ones would be alittle larger.          I need to not roll the dough so thin and I need to try for 16 rolls instead of 20.         so I'll work on that too.          hahaha

************************************

so this is what it looked like about midday yesterday, way before it stopped snowing.         it's hard to tell, but we had about 6 inches of snow before it finally stopped.         it is beautiful, but it is also dangerous.           we haven't even been out of the house since the snow started.          this picture was taken thru the storm door that has a screen at the top, so that's why it looks so distorted.     


we are supposed to have cold weather for a few more days and this stuff will hang around for quite sometime.         just hoping we don't have to get out and hoping we don't get stir crazy before this goes away.         

so thankful to God for His watch care and protection during this snow situation.

***********************************

blessings of warmth and safety be on everyone that may be in harms way of the cold and snow.     warm hugs and love, patty 

No comments:

Post a Comment