Saturday, January 13, 2024

Getting Ready for Snow and Praying Against It

good afternoon dear ones!!!!!!!            I hope that where ever y'all are that this finds you all doing well and if you're in the US, that you are safe from all the storms rolling thru.           we are to get some snow starting tomorrow and we'll have really low temperatures for at least a week.           below freezing temps ever day but one for the next 7 days, at least.        and some of our temps will be close to -0-, so I'm not real excited ablout that.     hahaha     as a general rule, or from what I remember growing up, we may get more ice than snow.          and at some point in time, it will get to cold to do either one, snow or ice.           so I'm hoping for neither and I'm praying for neither.          and I'm also praying that we don't have any power loss.    but, being cold could be a plus if we do have a power outage.           God is in control, so we'll see what He does.

I don't have much for today because we've been getting ready for the storm coming.        I'm hoping at some point in time, I'll have more and feel like getting more put up.           in the mean time, I'll be praying for all of us to be safe during these storms and that we're all as prepared as we can be.

so while it's snowing or icing, I'll be thumbing thru my seed catalogs and dreaming.           that will be a great way to spend my down time.           one day this week we was out and about and I ran into a dollar tree and right there up front was their new seeds display for the year!!!          I was thrilled to see it and got 8 more pkts of green beans, 2 different kinds.          so when I get ready to plant my greenstalks in greenbeans, I'll have 4 different varieties.          all bush bean and all are wonderful beans.          contender and yellow wax bush beans is what I got at dollar tree and then the other variety I have is blue lake bush and I can't remember the 4th variety I have, but it will be fun getting those greenstalks full of greenbeans.          I'm hoping I can get 2 full planting in before the frost and I may even be able to extend the growing season by putting the frost covers over them later on in the fall.

so I really am getting excited about starting some seeds.         my peppers and tomatoes, oh, I can't wait!!!!           and I have some winter squash that I'm really anxious to try thiss year too.          they are supposed to be a smaller type plant instead of those that vine out 20 or 30 feet, these are supposed to be much smaller with about a 5 to 6 foot vining and I'm hoping I can trellis my pots to contain the vines.    I've done that before in the past.          but I got some new trellises at the end of the season last year so, I'm looking forward to see if they'll help.         

anyway, as it's cold and dreary over the next few days, I'll be dreaming of a green garden!!!!

blessings on all of us over the next few days.       take care and stay warm.          let's keep God first place in all we do and in all we dream about and ask Him to make our dreams come true.         hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment