Saturday, September 14, 2013

Whatcha' doin' today?

I don't know what y'all have been doing, but I have got in some play time yesterday and today.  I do so enjoy time to be creative and just have fun with no expectations on myself at all.

I think sometimes we feel we must be perfect with every thing we do.  I don't know about you, but some of the best items I have ever made, came after making a big mistake that almost led to the trash can.  Many of you crafters know exactly what I'm talking about.

That is what happened yesterday and today with one of the flowers I was working on.  I got the flower made and wanted to put a pin back on it with my glossy accents.  That stuff is really good for pin backs.  But, yesterday, I put too much glossy accents on the back and set my pin back down in it, left it alone to dry, and yep, you guessed it, it glued my pin shut, and was impossible to open.

I was so upset with myself, I took it to the trash can and almost threw it in.  It was just really hard to toss away something that I had gotten so much pleasure out of making.  I took it back to my craft area and just thought about it for a while.

I have a small set of tools to work on jewelry with and I took one of the cutters and finally got one end cut off the pin.  I had to go to my large tool box and the larger cutters for the other end.  I salvaged this flower and will now be able to use it on a project.  Yay!!!  Anyway, most of the time you can salvage what ever you are working on, if you just let a calmer head win out.

Can you tell which one was almost in the garbage can?  I didn't think so.  No one will ever know if I don't tell.

And I ain't tellin'!!!  ggggg I really enjoy making these flowers and a lot of times if I don't have something specific to work on, I will just make them to use on projects or as pins, just not with as much glossy accents next time.  ggg

I hope you enjoyed this beautiful day.  It is the time of year that mornings are cooler and the days are much more pleasant,  Keep your eyes open for the first signs of the fall colors.  It truly is a beautiful time of the year.  We get to enjoy the beauty of the colors that only God can create.   I pray that you enjoy this fall like no other time of the year.  Thank God for all the beauty you see.  Thank Him for your eyes to view it.  Most of all, thank Him for loving you and wanting to have a relationship with you.  God bless you all and good night.

Hugs and pleasant dreams, Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment