Sunday, October 3, 2021

Bread and other stuff

Good morning Blessed One's of God!!      I pray that wherever y'all are this morning that you are basking in the great love of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.       It's a very rainy morning here in my neck of the woods.      It's been storming and we've had a power outage for a little while.      That's always nerve wracking, but the electric company was out right in the midst of the storm getting us back up and going.    I'm so thankful for these hard working men that risk their lives for us.     While they was outside working I was inside praying for them.      

When the electricity goes out, we forget how dark it actually is in the house.       Well, I do anyway.       I have flashlights and lanterns that I keep for such use and it comes in handy.     But, I had to go to a pitch dark room to get them.      Not good.       But, I try to always remember to not move pieces of furniture or anything else, just for that reason.      So, I went to the bedroom, stopped at the door, made my way over to the dresser and then to the foot of the bed and up to the headboard and got my little lantern.    Darkness was then dispelled by the light.     

You know, when we stop and think about it, that's pretty much the same way the Lord dispels the darkness in our lives.      We've got to realize that we're living in darkness and Jesus helps us find Him, thru all the mis-steps of life, we make it to the door.    Jesus knows we are looking for Him and He makes Himself as a lantern to our steps.      We have to choose Him and when we do, He lights our path in the darkness of this world.      Jesus sheds light so we don't have to walk in darkness.      Scripture says that He is a light unto our path and that is so true.      So, this morning I am thankful for the light that comes from the electric company.      But, I'm even more thankful and grateful for the Light that comes Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.       My prayer for you is you know the Light!!!!   May you never walk in darkness again.       May the Lord be a Light unto your path.      May you always feel the Son shine Light on your soul!!!!

Yesterday was a bread baking day for me.       In one of my last blog posts, I had dehydrated canned pineapple and saved the juice.        I said then that I would put the juice in bread.   The bread I made yesterday had some of that pineapple juice in it.      It doesn't really add a lot of flavor to the bread per se, but it is delicious.      It adds a moisture to the bread that it wouldn't have otherwise and I love that.

In the first picture below, is the dough ball as it came together in my bread machine.       I use my bread machine to mix all my breads.       The process is about an hour and a half to get the dough ball to the stage to remove it from the machine.        I used to do it all by hand, back when I still could, but with my hand issues, I just can't do that any more.       So, as you can imagine, I'm so thankful for my bread machine.


The picture below is of the fully baked bread.        Oh, I wish you could have smelled them when I took them from the oven.       There is nothing quite like fresh baked homemade bread.     It really makes me feel good to know that I can do something this wonderful for my husband and myself and the people I share with.      So truly thankful for the blessings.


The picture below just flat out makes me laugh and I hope it does you do too.      But I must say that it is quite telling of the times we live in.      No other generation since the beginning of time needed to be told that flour has to be cooked before consuming.      What can I say??????     After all, we do live in the times in which the young and stupid have eaten tide pods.       So, I guess they also need to be told that hot coffee is hot, flour is raw until it's cooked, tide pods are for laundry, high octane race fuel is for vehicles and not for drinking.......and any number of things that we see on products.      This one just strikes me funny everytime.        I don't think my Momma ever had to tell my brothers or me not to eat raw flour.     But, as I said, this is just a telling picture for the "modern" times we live in.     No telling what else we'll see in our life time.      Anyway, I hope none of y'all have to be told not to eat raw flour.  If you do, well, as we say in the south, "bless your heart".     hahahahaha

This is another batch of bread I baked recently.         Instead of making rolls, I made small loaves and they turned out fantastic.       They make great sandwiches when I slice them lengthways.      Some days I get a fantastic rise, others not so good.      And the day I made those I got a really great rise.     I bake all my bread in my counter top oven and some rose to the point of touching the top burner.     hahahaha  They was/are great.

The one beside the mini loaves are my cornbread swirls.       I bought a roll of them, from a name brand company, at the store a year and a half back or more and I loved them.      But, they were expensive and I just couldn't justify that.       I set out to make them myself.      That is what you see.      I use my bread machine for this too.      These are even more delicious than the store bought ones and for the price of what one roll costs, with 6 swirls in it, I got all these and more.      I can probably make 2 batches of mine for the cost of 1 roll of theirs.      


While I love all the other bread I shared, and my husband does too, his favorite is just plain cornbread.  A few years ago I found this cornbread skillet at one of the local stores on black friday.      I used  a coupon to get it for 50% off.       This has been a great investment.       Anything that makes my husband happy makes me happy. 
       

So, at any given time, one or all the breads you see here are in my fridge.        Oh, I know what you're thinking.      You're not supposed to store bread in the fridge.       Well, that's what the bread makers want you to think so you'll have to buy more bread quicker.      I store all my bread in the fridge and when we get ready for bread, I pop it in my counter top over for a few minutes while I'm getting our meal together and it ALWAYS tastes fresh baked, just from the oven GREAT!!!!!!       So, if you want your bread to last longer, find a way to store it in the fridge.      Plus, I work too hard on our bread and I don't want to toss it because it got old or moldy on the counter!!!!       Try it, see for yourself.     Oh, and it's also easy to reheat in the air fryer with the same results.      You just don't want to put the bread in the microwave to reheat.      It makes it hard, tough and just plain "not good"!!!!      So, when I give bread away, I always tell them to heat in the toaster oven or air fryer and it's as fresh baked bread.     I stand by that because I've been doing it for many years.       It's so funny how some people will just want to argue about it, even though I have blown that old wives tale out of the water many times over.       My personal testimony and witness to the things I personally do is all I need to know.      When you know how to do something right, or take the time to learn to do something right, then that's all you need.      The nay sayers can keep on trashing what would have been good bread, while I keep on eat good bread that I just pop in my counter top oven or air fryer and NOT in the trash.       So, now you know how to keep your bread fresh.   The question is, "will you?"       That's up to you.     

Well, that's just about I have for today.      I hope you have a blessed rest of your day.      I hope you have Son shine in your  soul today.     And I hope you get to eat some delicious home made bread.     I hope you know just how much you are loved by your Creator!!!      I hope you are in right relationship with Him.  Jesus loves you and is waiting for you to call on Him.      Please do, you won't be disappointed.      Blessings of joy and peace be yours.   hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment