Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Yesterday's Dehydrating - DONE!!!

Good morning Blessed Ones!!!       I sure  hope and pray that your morning is going splendidly!!!      I pray that as you look around you that you can see the many ways that God has blessed you and loved on you today.       If you woke up and are reading this, then trust me, He has already blessed you mightily.    I was looking out the back door and I seen a squash bug.      hahaha      As much as I detest them, I did have to just stop and thank God that He allowed me to see it, even though I wanted to squash it myself.  I didn't, just because I didn't have time.      hahaha      When I look out and see the beauty of Fall starting, again, I am so humbled and thankful for His blessings on me.       First of all, He got me up this morning.     Then, I'm thankful for my sight to see all the beauty now, with the understanding and hope of even more beauty in just a couple more weeks.      No one paints a picture quite like our Father.      He is original Master of All Things!!!!      And I do love the beauty He blesses us with.      Another thing I'm thankful for is my hearing.      It's not as good as it once was, but praise Him, I can still hear some of the lovely sounds just out side my door that nature has to offer.     I'm thankful for the harvest that I've had and still getting from my little deck garden.      Yes, I would just have to say that we serve an awesome God and I'm thankful for all His blessings on me.        I pray that you can say the same thing.

Yesterday I shared some pictures of what was on my dehydrator.      Well, this morning I took all those goods off and they are now jarred up and ready for the cupboard.      I took some pictures to share with you how I store them.       I save all my glass jars with metal lids.    They are perfect for storing your dehydrated goods.     While we do NOT want to do proper canning; water bath or pressure canning; in them, these jars are perfectly wonderful to use with our dehydrated goods.       I save all my jars, no matter the sizes.     They are all perfectly suitable and usable for something.      As I fill a jar, if it gets full and I need another jar, I just label it and start another one.      At some point in time I may realize that I can actually combine the 2 jars into a larger jar.     That's a good thing.     It frees up a jar, plus it frees up space to put another jar when I get it filled up.     Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures and see something you like and maybe want to try it.    

This first picture is of all 4 different products I took from the dehydrator.       You can easily see the jars and varying sizes that I keep and use.        Starting on the left is the shishito peppers.      I actually have 2 jars there.     The next little jar is the kombucha fruit that consists of mango, pineapple and ginger.  That will either go in a hot sauce ferment, or I'll powder it.      The next jar has pineapple in it.     I think I estimated that there is about 6 and 1/2 cans on dehydrated Aldi pineapple in that jar.     And all the juice goes in to my yeast bread.      The final jar has got ginger in it.      This ginger I done yesterday I peeled it, the ginger already in the jar wasn't peeled.      It all goes into my kombucha, so it doesn't make any difference.       When I make fire cider, it won't make any difference for that either.

This is a closer up pic of the shishito peppers  and the kombucha fruit.      If you click on the pictures, it should take to you to larger picture and you may be able to see them better.   Just a little more and I'll have 2 jars completely full of those delicious peppers.       That tickles me too.     I'm worried that it will frost early this year.      But I'm supposed to be getting some frost covers to hopefully prevent that from happening too soon.      I'm hoping that I can put a few of my peppers in my little greenhouse to save them even further into the fall.    We'll see if that happens.                                                                             

This is my pineapple and ginger.       I have a good sized plug of ginger in the fridge, but I really don't think it fill the jar so I'll probably get another one next time I'm at Aldi and work on getting that jar filled.       Ginger is so good in so many things.                                                                               

This is a sourdough bread starter that I just started.      I took out my old started and cleaned the container up and just started fresh with 1/4 cup of rye flour and a 2 tablespoons of warm water.      It is sitting in the oven with the light on.       I'll have to feed it for a few days and do the discard.      That's why I just started a small batch.      I can't stand waste, so hopefully I can do this and keep from having a boatload of waste.     But I am looking for good discard recipes though.     I'll try to remember to take pictures as the sourdough progresses and share them later and some of the bread that I make with it.    If it turns out half way decent.      That is one thing that I'm not confident in, my ability to make a sourdough starter.      We'll see how it goes.                                                                              

Well, I thank you all for joining me this morning for a few minutes in my kitchen.      I love sharing with y'all and I hope I can stay motivated to keep sharing little snippets of what I'm doing.      Maybe it can be a time of inspiration for y'all.     Not necessarily what I'm doing, but maybe you'll be inspired to give something a try that you have been wanting to try or thinking about trying.      My word of encouragement would be to "go for it".      I find that even if I have a failure it's not a complete loss if I learn something.

Blessing to you on the rest of your day.     Find some time to thank God for His blessings on you.      Till we meet right back here next time, take care and just know that God loves you.    He want's to be right relationship with us thru the shed blood of Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord and Savior.     It's all up to us.    We accept Christ or not.      I hope you have already done that.    Tell someone you know that God loves them too.     Blessing be yours.    God loves you and so do I.     hugs and love, patty 

No comments:

Post a Comment