Monday, June 10, 2024

Weary Soldiers, Baked Zucchini Slices

good morning my friends!!     I hope and pray that this finds you all doing wonderful on this glorious Monday.            I was up early this morning, 3am to be exact,  and there was a heavy fog.         but when I got up for good this morning, it was all burned off by the bright and beautiful sunshine.         I hope every one has a spectacular day planned.         I have rolls in the oven, with the light on, thawing and rising.        I need to make more rolls to put in the freezer.         I need to make the egg sausage cheese patties that I make for my husbands breakfast every morning and get those in the freezer.         I want to make some Meyer Lemon Muffin Top muffins and get those in the freezer.         funny thing is, everything I want to make, calls for the red silicone muffin top pans and I only have 2 of them and can only bake/make up to 12 at a time.        this is my conundrum for today.        which gets made?        which gets made first?         and which gets put on hold?          only time will tell.       hahaha         but before any of that gets done, we'll take our walk.        then I'm gonna cut my my hubby's hair.        so I have a full day ahead of me, if I do it all.        who knows, I may procrastinate.        hahahaha          whatever I do, I'll be sure and let in on it.   

---------------------------------------------------------------

this is something that I wrote a few years ago and wanted to share it again.         we are living in hard times.          we are living in perilous times.          we are living in  times where people have very little concern for others.      we are living times where we are in the battle for our lives and the lives of our families.        we truly are battling the forces of evil at ever turn in our lives.      we battle against abortions.      we battle against child abuse.       we battle against homosexuality and all the perversion that comes with that.     we battle to keep the husband and wife in the forefront of what makes a biblical family.         we battle against all the wickedness that has infiltrated our churches.      we battle against all the indoctrination that we see in the public school system.        we battle against all the politicians that are giving our hard earned tax dollars to people that hasn't earned a dollar in their lives.    we battle against all the politicians in power that doesn't have our best interests at heart.       we battle thru all the biased new media pushing their liberal agendas to destroy this country.      we are in a battle dealing with our health care system.        we are in a battle dealing with the high cost of medicine.      as you can see, we are in a battle!!!       

I believe with every fiber of my being that we are living in the time when Jesus will break the eastern sky some day soon and take His children home.        I believe that.        we are living in times when people are fearful of a lot of stuff, and they very well should be.       but we need to know that we can lean into Jesus for His security.        if we know Him as Lord and Savior, then our eternal future is secure and we need not fear that.      but as long as we are in these fleshly earth suits, we will have things and situations that will cause us fear.        we're human beings.       but we can always take those fears to God.         He is already in our tomorrows and He knows how our story plays out in the bigger picture of His Story.       so as we move on into another week, lets try to do so knowing that our steps are planned out by God Himself.        and let us walk those steps out, as God has them planned.


********I have learned that one of the best things I can say about Monday's is this, "Praise God I lived to see another Monday"!        Monday's make me feel like a weary soldier climbing another mountain, getting ready for another long battle.         And you know what, if you love and serve the Lord, that is exactly what we are doing.           Every day is one more day that we are in the battle of our lives.       Trying to stay alert and aware of the snares and traps that the enemy sets for us.

Scripture says the enemy is like a roaring lion.      I believe it!!!        But, scripture also says that the enemy is like a wolf in sheep's clothing.       And I believe that too!!          When we see the roaring lions, we know to beware.        But, when we see the wolves in sheep's clothing, most of the time we don't think about the possible danger we could be in, till it's too late.

So, even tho it's Monday, and even tho we are pushing into an uphill battle, let us not grow weary in our minds.        Let us stay alert, on point and seriously question everything.         Especially the things that give us just a bit of a twinge that maybe, just maybe, something is not quite right.        More than likely, that is the Holy Spirit warning you to steer clear.          Just some food thought as we go into this new week.          May we keep our eyes open and be alert at all times.********  written by pjg

so, we move and live in this life just like weary soldiers.        we put on our full Armor of God!!!        we dress for the battle!!!!        we rest in the Lord.         we gain renewed strength form the Lord.         we take shelter in Lord.        we call on the Lord.         we abide in the Lord.        we live in the Lord.        we don't breathe without His breath.         we try to see life thru His eyes.       we try to be alert for the promptings of the Holy Spirit.      and when fear creeps in, like it does, we give it to Him.        sometimes we stand still, sometimes we fall to our knees, but we always, always give Him our fears.   

so as we face another week, let us face it with the confidence that "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me!"        Paul learned this and I'm so thankful that he did.         because he shared it with us and and I have learned to trust this for myself.        sometimes I forget.       sometimes I run, frightened.  sometimes I fail my Lord.        but, I know that even in my weaknesses, I still have the security that I belong to God thru the shed blood of Jesus and nothing will happen to me that God doesn't know about and I'll not go thru anything alone.        Thank You Jesus for loving me.        Thank You Jesus for fighting my battles for me and being with me at all times!!!          Thank You Jesus for Your Victory over death and the grave!!!!          Thank You Jesus for loving me!!!!!        amen and amen!!!

Have a blessed week put on your armor and stay alert.      
-------------------------------------------------------------------   

let's do another "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".         sounds good, so let's go for it.        ok, I was at Aldi the other day and picked up a pkg of zucchini.        there was 3 or 4 per pkg.       about 5 inches long maybe.        and this is how I love to fix them.           I love making baked zucchini slices.

I'll slice them as thin as I can.            I generally just use a knife and do the best I can.          I just don't like having to wash a mandolin for just one zucchini.          once I get them sliced, I'll spread them out on my cookie sheet lined with parchment.         then I'll brush the surface of each slice with a touch of avocado oil.        I'll sprinkle on just a little bit of a greek seasoning that I have.         next, I have parm bread crumbs and I'll use about 2 tablespoons sprinkled over all the slices.       next, I take a cheese slice and cut it into mini strips and put it on the zucchini.  



I'll put that in a 350*F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes and this is what it looks like.        I absolutely love this.          I keep zucchini and yellow squash in the fridge all summer long just so I can fix this any time I have a hankering for it.      you can put what ever you like on them.        this is just what I like.


I hope you give it a try sometime.           if you like zucchini, I'll bet you would like this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

that's about all I have for today.           I hope that everyone will remember to keep God first place in all we do.          we can always take our fears to Him, He can deal with them, we can't.        put your full armor on this morning and go out with the confidence that God will go before you.       fix some zucchini your favorite way and enjoy some with me, because this is on my agenda today too.    just remember that if you belong to Jesus, you're never alone.      He loves you will never leave you, even when we are afraid.        

blessings on you all today.         if you belong to Jesus, God loves you and so do I.       may love, joy and peace be yours today and every day.         hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment