Sunday, June 2, 2024

Bread, Breakfast and don't give up

good late afternoon beautiful friends.            I pray that this finds you all doing well and loving life.      I hope and pray that the weather is behaving where you are.          we had over 15 inches of rain on my deck in the month of May.          and it doesn't look like June will be much different.          we'll have to wait and see.         it sure started off wet, with over an inch yesterday.          and lots of rain the forecast for the next few days.         of course, we'll just have to wait and find out what it does, when it happens.  

this week and next few weeks will be busy for us, so I don't know what my blog will end up looking like, but I hope I can stay up to date with some stuff.          we'll have to just wait and see.           I hope to be sharing a few more pics of garden stuff.        it's coming along pretty good and I've been getting a few green beans and lettuce.           we had a salad at lunch that was 100% all my home grown lettuce and that feels pretty good, if I do say so myself.        my husband enjoyed it too.        he even complimented the gardener for the lettuce being so good.        hehehe        that was a very sweet compliment too.           I really appreciated it a lot.         more than he'll ever know.     

*******************************

so, let's do a 2 minutes in the kitchen with me today.        a fresh batch of brioche bread made in the bread machine.          this has quickly become our favorite bread.           I make dough balls to freeze then thaw and bake when I need rolls.          it works brilliantly.             I love having dough balls in the freezer.          it doesn't take too long for them to thaw and rise and then pop in the oven and bake.

this is what the fresh dough ball in the bread machine looks like.

I weigh the big dough ball and then divide the overall weight into 16 and that's the weight each dough ball will be.         most of the time, it's between 56 or 57 grams.          I have 4 of these red trays and I'll put 4 dough balls on each one and put these in the freezer to flash freeze, then I'll pop them in a freezer bag and they are to be used as needed.


this one show what they like from frozen to baked.         I'll bake them in these trays to help keep the shape of them if they get wild when rising.        hahaha


this is what my bags looks like when I get them completely frozen and in the freezer bags.        I try to keep 2 full all the time.            it really helps when something comes up, just to have them frozen and ready to go.

these are so good.         and it's all I'll be making for the foreseeable future, until something better comes along.        and I doubt that happening.          but I'll leave room for it, if and when it does.       hahaha

********************************

this is what most of the brioche bread rolls are used for.        my husbands breakfast.         I make these sausage, cheese and eggs patties to go on those rolls.         these are so good.         I have it to a science for baking these.

3 slices of cheese cut in half and each half is cut into 6 small strips.      

9 sausage links, thawed and cut into 4 long strips each, making 36 skinny sausage strips in all.

3 eggs and 5 tablespoons of water, beaten.


look back up at the pic that has the baked bread in it.       they are they same trays.        this is what helps to make them the perfect size.        the patties and buns are the same size.       

these trays are flimsy, so they will have to be sitting on something in order to handle them.          so, put this red tray on a sturdy tray to get it in the oven easily.          I'll take 6 thin slices of cheese and space them evenly over the bottom of each compartment.      once I have all the cheese in, I'll put 6 skinny strips of sausage on top of the cheese.    after getting all the sausage strips in, I'll pour my beaten eggs and water over the cheese and sausage.  

pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes on 350*F.        once done take from the oven and let cool.       

this is the way I pkg them.             I put 1 per flip top sandwich bag and then I'll put 2 of those in a zip lock freezer bag and pop them in the freezer.           when I need some, I'll take them out, just 2 at a time.          I'll thaw them and they'll be ready for breakfast the next morning.          my husband loves them.        I'll pop a split roll in the toaster over and put one of these sandwich patties in the skillet and heat it up real good and get a little color going on and then put it on the bun.      he love them!!!



this helps you see what the tops with the sausage looks like and the what bottoms with the cheese looks like.          and then what they look like in the freezer bags.         I reuse the freezer bags, but I toss the flip top sandwich bags.

**********************

Do you ever feel like giving up?          Do you sometimes want to just throw in the towel?         Do you ever just wish you could turn around and walk away from what ever is bothering you?            Well, don't!!!          Hang in there with God.         Let Him work it out.         Let Him go before you and clear the path!!!         God has it taken care of already.          I have to tell myself this all the time, so I love this reminder that I'm not in control, but God is, and all is well.

"In the Bible, it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.
Day 41 came and the rain stopped.

Moses committed murder & hid in the desert for 40 years.
Year 41 came, and God called him to help rescue Israel.

Moses went up on the mountain for 40 days.
On day 41, he received the Ten Commandments.

The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years.
Year 41, they walked into the Promised Land.

Goliath taunted Israel for 40 days.
Day 41 came, and David slew him.

Jonah preached a message of repentance to Ninevah for 40 days.
On day 41, God stopped His plan to destroy them.

Jesus fasted and was tempted for 40 days.
Day 41, and the devil fled.

After His resurrection, Jesus appeared to His disciples for 40 days.
On day 41, He ascended into Heaven.

All this to say...don't quit. The rain will stop, the giant will fall, and you will enter your "promised land." Don't give up at 40.

41 is coming!!!!!!"  (copied)

I don't remember where this came from, but it's a keeper for sure. 

*****************************

I hope you enjoyed your visit here today.          I hope you seen something that you liked, and if you did, share it with someone.          someone you know may need hope.         our hope is in the Lord and in Him only.       just don't give up, because God is working it all out.        sometimes I have to remind myself that and that's ok.         just don't give up.         remember that God loves you enough to provide a way for you to be in right relationship with Him and that is thru the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.         there is no other way under heaven to be in right relationship with Father God, than thru the shed blood of Jesus.          don't let anyone tell there is.        there isn't.         and if they try to tell you that, flee from them and don't listen to lies.       read your bible and find out what God's Word says for yourself.         don't depend on anyone else to tell you what scripture says, find out for yourself.        God will never turn a true seeker away.          if your are looking for Him, He will make sure you find Him, thru His Son.  

I hope you have a blessed night of refreshing rest and that tomorrow is a fantastic day to be on planet earth.          look for ways to be thankful.        Thank God!!!         in all you do, Praise His holy name!!!

blessings of peace and joy be yours till we meet right back here real soon.  hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment