Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Find out what one broken tool actually shut my kitchen down, hahaha

good morning my friends!!!         I hope this cool morning finds y'all doing well.        a good nights sleep goes a long way with feeling good.        it is another cool morning here.         I'm thinking that my "tater" experiment may be coming to an end soon.        I have to keep thme in the garage over these cool nights, so I may just end up seeing what, if any, taters they have grown to this point.      they have been potted for for 62 days and it takes at least 90 days for them to make taters to be harvested.        so if I get anything, they may be really small.         but I'm ready to start growing taters in the spring.       woohoo.        what are you excited to grow?         I hope you all have a wooooonderful day!!!

*****************************

let's do a quick "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".        I ran out of potatoes or so I thought.         I didn't even have any french fries or potato wedges in the freezer.       so I got to digging around in the cabinets and I found some canned whole potatoes from aldi.         I opened a can of them and washed and drained them real well.          next I quartered them lengthways.            I sprayed them with a little avocado oil.         then I sprinkled them with a little bit of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.         while I was doing all that I had my air fryer set at 400* for 25 minutes and it was also preheating.         once it was preheated, I loaded my potato wedges in one basket of my air fryer and in the other basket I put 2 turkey burger patties and off they went to cooking.         as you can see the, potato wedges  turned out really nice.          so as long as I have canned potatoes, I'll have potato wedges when we want them.      I don't like running out of fresh potatoes, but this is a very good alternative.          I keep these in stock now in my stash.          and the sliced potatoes work really well too.        so simple and easy and quick, to have good healthier potatoes to go with a meal.         we both gave the 2 thumbs up and would have given more, but we gave all the thumbs we have.       hahahaha

this is what can looks like that I use.

the are washed, drained and cut into wedges.
these are seasoned with Cavenders greek seasoning.  love that stuff.

here they are in all their air fryed beauty.     they are really good.        I keep them in supply now.        I also keep a supply of the sliced potatoes too.       both of them are really great to have on hand.   

*********************

ok, so I can do more than one or 2 of these in a blog post right?       well, I say let's do it.      let's do a quick "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".       what do you do with vanilla beans?        most people would buy some vodka and make vanilla bean extract.          not me, heck, I just pull out my dehydrator and dehydrate it and make powder!!        I got the vanilla beans and opened them.       after looking at them, they were naturally oily, so I took a paper towel and wiped them down and put them on the dehydrator.            they were flexible going on and crispy coming off.          I have been wanting to do this one project for a few years now and finally just done it.         I ordered grade b vanilla beans because they are lower in natural oils.          if I order any more, I'll actually look and see if they have  a grade "c".           I don't know if they do, but I'll look and if they do, that's what I'll try.         this is so wonderful to just smell!!             that pkg had 25 vanilla beans in it and those 25 beans powdered down to about 3 or 4 tablespoons.           the powder fit into a jar about a inch and half tall and inch and a half wide!!             but wowzers does it ever smell good.          I don't know why I waited so long to do this.    well, actually I do know why I waited so long, they are sooooooo expensive!!!!!        but I look forward to using it in dishes.        It will find it's way into any desserts I make.            it may also find it's way into oatmeal chia pudding that I have most mornings.            pancakes and waffles are a given.            I may use some when I make powder from some oranges.              I don't know all the ways I'll use it yet, but I do look forward to experimenting with it.            if nothing else, I'll just mix a pinch with water and paint me a mustache and just enjoy the smell.  😂    

this is the front of the bag.

back of the bag.

vanilla beans on the dehydrator.

vanilla beans broken and ready to go in the coffee grinder.

vanilla beans ground real fine and I used my brush to get every last bit from the grinder.

this is absolutley wonderful!!!!        I already have my second batch of vanilla beans to make more.      I put a little dab in my breakfast every morning and it is just so tasty and smells great.        I highly recommend trying it.  

sorry about the quality of the pictures, Iw as having trouble getting them copied from my phone to my computer.   

*********************

ok, my kitchen WAS officially closed.       and this is why.        I use a lot of tools in my kitchen, but this is the one I use most and when it literally fell into 2 pieces in my hand, I put the "closed" sign up.  hahahaha         it's kinda like when the electricity goes off, you want a cup of coffee and you can't fix it.  well, since these broke, everything I've needed to do in the kitchen involved using a pair of kitchen shears.          so, I'm hanging the closed sign.       it's closed.  hahahaha   

well, just to let you know, it didn't stay closed for long simply because my husband loves to eat!!!!!      he got me a new pair.       he said something about getting a spare too.      hahaha       what can I say, that guy loves to eat!!!       so alas, I'm back in the kitchen.         hahaha     

another lousy picture.        so sorry.

****************************

who says I can't do three "2 minutes in the kitchen with me"?    hahahaha     Got Fried Green Tomatoes?         We did.         For supper, that is.         Don't they look good?       These were made in my air fryer.        Oh yes, I did say that.  uumm uumm uumm good!!!         These were so good in fact, that y'all could taste the "y'all" in 'em!!!      That is true!!        Oh my gosh, they were yummy!!!          I had been wanting to experiment with my air fryer and I am SOLD on air fryer fried green tomatoes.        I sliced the green tomatoes, dredged in flour, then dip in butter milk, then dredge in seasoned cornmeal and place on  wax paper lined cookie sheet.       Pop in freezer for about an hour.  I preheated my air fryer on 400* for 5 minutes and then took my frozen breaded green tomatoes from the freezer and brushed each side lightly ((I actually used less than one and a half tablespoons of oil, btw, that is what helps them brown is just a bit of oil)) with evoo and placed in hot air fryer and let it go on high for 14 minutes and flipped each slice and cooked for another 6 minutes and  uumm uumm uumm, they were GOOD!!!      They were crispy and crunchy to the last bite!!!          Ok, I am not responsible for any drool on your computer!!       hahaha         Oh, and I have three bags in my freezer, ready to be devoured sometime soon.       hehehe



these are actually so much better than any I've ever had before in my life.          I have always gotten an upset stomach with fried green tomatoes and it's just because they had been skillet fried or deep fried in some kind oil or grease.        but these are just sprayed with a touch of avocado oil, just enough for them to get color and crisp.        wonderful!!!!!      

I hope you love using your air fryer as much as I love using mine.         I actually have 2 now.       one with a large basket, and one that 2 baskets with air fryer plates that are removable and I can actually cook in the baskets.         kinda like doing a stir fry.        it's nice.       and sometimes I have both of them going.        most days, I use at least one of my air fryers.         it's a tool in my kitchen that I'll always have if at all possible.         they're just like everything else, we just have to learn to use them.

********************

I was baking a cake that called for chocolate syrup.  I didn't have any chocolate syrup!!  (wiping a tear)  well, I got down to business and made the best chocolate syrup in the world!!!

Recipe:

equal parts of sugar, chocolate powder and water.  place in sauce pan and stir continuously over medium heat until boiling. add a pinch of salt.   boil for about 4 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly.  remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp or more vanilla flavoring and stir well.  use immediately or pour up in a jar and store in the fridge.  delicious!!!!!!

the recipe calls for equal parts of the 3 main ingredients making it very simple to make as much or as little as you want or need.

**************************

No where in the Bible does it tell us that life is a competition, competing with those around us.      No where.           We're all running our race, as Paul described it.         But we're not competing with each other.        The Bible does talk about helping our neighbor, and doing good for others, and putting others needs before ourselves.        That doesn't sound like competition to me.       We need to be very careful, as adults, about how we behave in front of our own children and in front of others children.       Little ears are always listening to big mouths.        Big mouths are either blessing others or cutting others down.         We should always be careful that our children hear loud blessings for others coming from our mouths, instead of cutting others down.       Sadly, not every one realizes that life is not a competition.          And for those who hasn't realized it yet, I feel sorry for your children.       I can just imagine that you are one of the parents out on the ball field that the umpires  to seedread in the stands or at the fence, and your children may not be real happy you are there.         This comes from a recent event that needs to be publicly discussed, but this is as far as I'm going with it.        Just so y'all know, the ones that really need to see this doesn't even know I have a blog.           Just remember that not everyone will walk away a winner in competitions           We may not even get a ribbon at all.          But that's no reason to be hurtful to others.         We either pull others along, push others along, or drag others along to reach higher ground.          There is no room for pushing others out of the way and trampling on them to reach the top.           Just something I have recently seen in action and was really saddened by.       Whatever you do, do it as though you are doing it for the Lord, He's the one that matters anyway.       If you are entering competitions, realize that not everyone wins.       Be happy for those that do and encourage them.

*****************************

I hope and pray that you have a wonderful day.       I hope you seen something here that might inspire to use your air fryer more.          or maybe dehydrate something.        or make some chocolate syrup for your next yummy dessert.        what ever your take away from this post, I hope that you are sure that you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.       blessings, hugs and love to all, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment