Friday, November 17, 2023

Happy Friday!!!

good morning!!!       it's supposed to be raining in my neck of the woods, but it isn't yet.       I don't know whether to happy or sad.        I need to get my taters out of the garage and let them get some sun, but there's no sun.       I guess I'll just leave them be.       I hope they make a few small taters.         this has been a test so I'm going to grow taters next year.         I plan on having lots of taters, green beans, garlic and what ever else I can come up with.        maybe try to get some more carrots and root veggies  going next year too.        seems like I've spent a lot of time trying to grow stuff that we don't necessarily care for, but now........going to concentrate on stuff we do like and love to eat.        sounds like a good plan to me.  

*************************

I thought I would share another "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".      this is something that we love to make.        I use my air fryer almost daily, I just don't get pictures of everything I fix in it, but I was mindful when I was fixin' lunch for us yesterday.         I made salmon patties.

1 can of drained salmon, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parm cheese, 1/2 small onion diced, dash of onion powder, dash of garlic powder, dash of salt, dash of black pepper, 1 tsp italian seasoning and enough evaporated milk to mix well (because that's what I had).

I lined my air fryer with a parchment round and scooped out a large serving spoon of salmon mixture and made into patties.        I sprayed the tops of each pattie with avocado oil.       I got 5 in my air fryer, they are pretty large, and the last one I popped in the toaster oven just because I wanted to get lunch ready and done.         I just used the pre-set for fish on the air fryer and cooked it for about 8 minutes and took the basket out flipped the patties and cooked for about 6 or 8 more minutes, till they reached the browness I was looking for.

I also filled my electric pressure cooker with green beans, diced onions and potatoes and a little dab of my essential oil aka "bacon grease" (hahaha) and put my long legged rack in on top of them and set my cooking pot full of creamed corn on top of the potatoes and beans and cooked it all in one pot while the air fryer was going.       It was a great lunch with enough left overs for a couple more meals.      Also had hard boiled eggs that I fixed earlier in the epc.       Anyway, just wanted to share the pics.       The salmon patties are sooooooo good!!! Everything else is too.

I have to say, that for years I have baked my salmon patties in the oven instead of skillet fry them. Since I've had an af, this is my preferred method.           I did bake one in the toaster oven and it took 2 times longer to bake in the oven than it did to cook in the af.

this is a fabulous meal.            


and this is a picture of my green beans, potatoes, onions, bacon grease, salt and pepper to taste and a little dab of chicken stock.           these beans are wonderful and we can make a meal on them or add other food with them and stretch them.          however we have them, they are always a hit.        if you have an electric pressure cooker, use it to prepare greenbeans and potatoes just like this.       your taste buds will thank you.
********************************

another delicious "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".        I love sweet potatoes so, this is my delicious way to fix them and enjoy them.         I preheat the oven to 350* F and then peel my potatoes and slice them pretty thin.         I spritz them with avocado oil and then sprinkle them with cinnamon and pop them in the oven for 50 minutes to an hour.          it just depends on how dark and carmalized you like them.         these are so good and they are a perfect side to a meal or even a good snack.      I'll take a whole bag and cook them like this and they are ready to go when I want some.



I put them on parchment paper to keep them from sticking to the baking sheet.      I love them to be roasted till they are really dark.        I hope you will try them and love them like do.
*************************
 
sometimes when I'm in the kitchen, (which is most of the time, hahaha) I go to my happy place and that's spending time with my Lord and singing to Him.       last evening I was in the kitchen just fixin' supper for my sweet husband and me.    It seems that's when I'm at the most peace, when I'm cooking.        (That explains why I can't lose weight, one question answered, hahaha)       Not that I'm the greatest cook by no means, but I'm happy cooking for us.            In the moments of happiness while I'm cooking and cleaning the kitchen after I've cooked, I've got an awful lot to be thankful for.           Sometimes I don't let that show as much as I should.          But when I'm in the kitchen, it seems that the hymns of faith, the old hymns, just flood my mind.           I sing the whole time I'm in the kitchen.        I make a joyful noise unto the Lord.        Now I'm sure that if y'all heard it, you probably wouldn't think it's so joyful, but the Lord loves for me to sing to Him.         This is the song I was singing, I hope you will sing it too.

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.

Refrain:
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!

There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.

some days, I just need to cling these words!!!!        the enemy wants us to live in fear and to wonder if Jesus is enough or have "I" done enough (and, NO, we could never DO enough, Jesus IS ENOUGH, He DONE it all!!!!), of if God really does love me and if His words are true.       the enemy started his lies in the Garden of Eden when he told Eve that God had lied to she and Adam.    the devil didn't use those words, but that's what he was telling them, that God had lied to them.       well, we know now who the liar is and still, sometimes we forget.       we listen all too easily to the lies that he tells us.        we are living in days now when the lies of the devil are running rampant.       and scripture tells that we will be living in days when everything that God has declared as right will be considered wrong in mans eyes and everything that God has declared wrong will be right in mans eyes.        

when I read the Old Testament and see where God's people lived evil and wicked lives time and time and time again, I can relate it to the times we are living in.        how many times did God spare His people, only for them to do the same evil and wicked behavior as before.        they forgot the goodness and faithfulness of God.

Lord, help me to never forget your goodness and faithfulness.        help me to keep You at the forefront of all I do.        keep in Your with ever step and every breath I take.        You know my heart and You know the desires of my heart and I pray that my desires are always pleasing to You.   amen

now, back to the song.        sorry, but there is nothing on the market today that comes even close to the biblical message and meaning in this song. 
*******************************

hey y'all, let's do another "2 minutes in the kitchen with me" today.        I just started a fresh batch of fermented green beans with my freshly dehydrated onions and freshly dehydrated bell peppers for added flavors.       I love fermented green beans.         so good, still raw, with all the crunch factor, completely preserved and good for you.         fermented foods promote gut health.       I used filtered water to start my brine.         I stuffed my green beans, onions and bell peppers in the jar and poured the brine over it to the top making sure no bean was sticking up or out.        I filled a zip top sandwich bag with extra brine and pushed it down all around the beans and brine to block out any air and sealed the ziplock bag and put the lid on.         I also set it in a small bowl to catch any overflow when it starts bubbling.         I'll leave them sitting out to ferment for a week or so.        I love a long ferment time, so I may even leave it longer.           the main thing is to make sure that you don't open the jar and expose any of the beans to air.  that can introduce mold into your ferment.      once it molds, you toss it.      so this jar will not be opened till I'm ready to put it in the fridge.  


I make my brine with about a tablespoon and a half of salt to a quart of filtered water.          once they have fermented, then you can store them in the fridge and they are delicious!!       I hope you give it a try.     they are so crispy and crunchy and just truly wonderful.        when I don't have home grown green beans, I'll buy a bag of unbroken fresh green beans form Aldi and make a batch.       that way I can have them year around.        and they do HAVE to be stored in the fridge.
*******************************
I don't know what's on my agenda yet today, but I hope whatever y'all do that you'll take the time to sing to the Lord for a little bit.        He loves to hear from His children in song.        I pray that whatever you put your hands to today will be for the glory of the Lord.       till we meet right back here again, may hugs, love and an abundance of blessings be yours today.       patty    

No comments:

Post a Comment