Sunday, July 30, 2023

A Great Treat

good afternoon beautiful ones.   yeah, I'm back with another little treat.     so we're gonna do another "2 minutes in the kitchen with me" segment.      although I didn't get a picture, I will the next time I make this and I'll share it with you all.

I had gone grocery shopping Friday, I think it was and there was some good fruit on sale.     and when it's on sale, I get a little for the coming week.       well, they had some plums.      I got a bag of them and I already wish I had gotten 5 more bags!!!!!!       I'll be going back, probably tomorrow and getting 3 or 4 more bags and I'll slice them thin and put them on my dehydrator and then I'll be able to make this treat that I'm gonna share whenever the notion strikes.   that could end up being dangerous.  hahahahaha

I made what I call "Plum Crisp".       I keep a mason jar filled with the "crisp" mix.      I put about 2 cups of old fashioned oats, about 1/4 cup of flour, 3/4 cup of granular sweetener and I use monkfruit sweetener, a tablespoon or more of cinnamon, a teaspoon of cloves, about a half teaspoon or more to your taste of salt.      I write the mixture on the jar, so it's easy to refill.      I shake it up real good and stick it in the cabinet.    when we want a crisp, that part is easy.

next, I get our little dishes out and spray them with avocado oil to help prevent sticking.      I sprinkle about 2 tablespoons full of the crisp mixture on the bottom of the little dishes.       then I get 2 plums and wash them good and split them and take the pit out and slice up a whole plum for each little bowl.     I get about 20 slices per plum for each of our little bowls.       I love them really thin.        once I'm done with the plums, I'll sprinkle a good tablespoon of monkfruit sweetened over the plums in each little bowl.      then I'll get my lemon juice and pour about a tablespoon of lemon juice directly over the plums.        next, I'll take my crisp mix and sprinkle about 2 or 3 tablespoons over the very top.      the very last thing I use is a tablespoon of butter.      real butter.       I cut very tiny pieces of butter and drop it all over the top of the crisp.     getting it spaced as evenly as possible is key.      pop them in a preheated 350* oven for about 30 minutes and it is purely delightful!!!!       not overly sweet and just enough acid from the lemon juice to really make it sweet tart.      it is one of our favorite treats of all time.

so, when I get more and get them sliced up and on my dehydrator, I'll be in business.      I'll make a notation on my jars that it takes 20 slices per little bowl to make the crisp.   then I can make these anytime we want them.       it's also a pretty economical dessert and easy to make on a whim.     and the next time I make them, I'll get a picture of them.      they are so delicious.  and they are lovely to look at too.      hahaha

well, I hope you enjoyed this quick little segment of "2 minutes in the kitchen with me".       I hope you've had a most spectacular day.    I also hope that at some point during this day that you've thanked God for it.       He made it just for us and there will never be another day like today with all the opportunities this one has had.        Tomorrow isn't promised, yesterday was, and all we have is today, right now and the opportunities available in this moment.       thank Him and praise Him for today.      Thank You God for Your many blessings upon us all!!!!       Thank You for salvation thru the shed blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ!!!!        if you know Christ as your Savior, you my friend, have so much to be thankful for.     so let's praise Him before the day is over.      love and hugs y'all, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment