Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Our housekeeping routine in pictures

Good morning Y'all!!      I hope wherever y'all are this morning that you are all snuggled up inside and out of the cold.       It is in the lows 20* here this morning with the high of 31 to be expected.   I guess that's ok, because elsewhere, there is lots of snow and all the misery that comes with that.     So, right now, I'm just thankful to be warm this morning.     That makes me feel blessed for sure.   

Ok, so what I wanted to share with y'all today is our housekeeping routine.     Sounds funny, I know.  But if you are like me, you may need something to help keep you on track.      I used to be able to think about all the things that needed to be done and just do it, but it's not that easy anymore.    So if I have something to keep me on track, no matter how far I wander, it's easy to get back on track.  hahaha

On the daily lists, you will notice things with pink dots beside them.  These are things that my sweet husband does or helps me do.   I have back issues, so he does the things that have a tendency to mess my back up and a lot of the other stuff also.   Since he is retired, he loves to help do a lot of this stuff and with us working together, it doesn't take but a few minutes to an hour each day to keep hot spots down and keep the house pretty clean and picked up.   No, it's not perfect, but it's far ahead of what it used to be.   

You will also notice that on every day in the daily section there is an item that says "during winter months check window sills for moisture".    We have a couple of windows that are not above air vents and they have a tendency to get a little moisture in the windows, so I just want to have the reminder to check those windows and wipe down any moisture.  It's never much, but I just like to make sure it's checked.     So, since these cleaning routines are used year around, it's on all of them all the time, and I'm fine with it.    You can make yours to suit your needs just as I have made ours to suit our needs.

I have had this system for several years.   It works.    When I had an achilles tendon injury back a few years ago, I also had a major back injury as a result and was unable to do much of anything for a LONG time and everything went to pot!!!!   When I did get back to where I could do a little something, I was so overwhelmed with the mess that I had no idea where to begin!!!   I had put my notebook out of sight because it was a source of anguish because I couldn't keep up with housework and my husband was working long hours and 7 days a week and it just got out of hand and I felt like a complete failure as a human being, much less trying to keep the house clean.

A long story short, my husband is now retired and the first thing on the top of his to do list was to help me get our home back.   It was all his idea and God bless him for that!!!!   I must tell you, he actually done most of the work in getting our home back in order.   Only God knows the number of happy tears I have shed along with a few tears of sadness over our home getting in that shape to begin with.

At one time, I had a routine that I done every day and kept my house clean and orderly.   The older I got, the harder it was to keep it up.   So, at one time a few years ago, we worked on getting this system set up and going for us.  Just doing daily, weekly and monthly things breaks up the monotony and keeps the cleaning moving forward daily.   It works for us.   I hope there is something here that will for someone else.   This is the 4th in the calendar.   

There will be a total of 5 weeks that can be used accordingly.   When all of these are used, plus the sheet that has the quarterly activities on it, the house will have been cleaned from ceiling to floor in a 3 month period.  Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.   

For now, the pictures are self explanatory.   You see an erasable marker, a pen and a pad.   That is for taking notes of anything I run out of and need to put on a grocery list or maybe an activity that needs to get done that day.   I can mark on the protector sheet with the erasable marker and at the end of the day wipe it off with a paper towel.  That way we know what has been done.   We have all day to do it too.  I will get the other weeks up as soon as I get pictures made of them.   Click on the pictures to bring up the large picture that you can actually read.

My tip for this blog post it just start where you are.   I was blessed that my husband helped me, I know that.   But wherever you are in the process, just start with one day and move on to the next day and the next and it won't be long till you have made a difference that is noticeable.






I really hope that this helps just one person.  If it does, it will have been worth sharing it with y'all.  Remember while doing your housework, just thank God that you have a house to keep clean.  Remember that He loves you and loves to hear from you.     Praise God for everything!!!     Sing praises to Him!!     He loves to be serenaded!!      Have a blessed day and just know that I love y'all too!!!   hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment