Saturday, November 24, 2018

What Motivates You?

I seen a question this morning: "What motivates you to take care of yourself?"

It looks to be a simple question. People with children might say they want to see their children, grandchildren grown. Others might say that they want to accomplish "xyz" in their life. Yet others may have a bucket list they want to complete.

Me, I don't have any of that. So then, what is my motivation? I realized that my motivation to take care of myself comes from a place of selfishness, if I'm being honest.

I want to grow old with my husband. I want to laugh for many years to come. I want to share my love of Jesus simply through smiles to other people. I want to share my love of Jesus through my ability to help others when the opportunity arises. I want to share my love of Jesus through looking for ways to help others. I want to share my love of Jesus by being the best representation of Jesus that some may ever see. I want to wake up every day with a renewed sense of excitement about what the day holds for myself and those that I may encounter. I want to live each day with a sense of urgency that people need to see Jesus every day, in those that love Him. I want to live my days with the heart, hands and feet of Christ and I can't do that if I don't take care of myself.

I realize that some days, I don't want to smile. Even some days, I don't want to help anyone. Some days, don't look at me for representing Christ in a positive way. Some days, I don't have a lot excitement about what the day holds. Some days, the sense of urgency may not be there. And, some days, my heart hands and feet just aren't in the right place.

But even on those days, the desire to live for, love and serve Christ is deeper than the desire to do nothing for Him. No, I won't ever be a world changer in big scheme of things. But if Jesus will help me change the world for just one person, then my pitiful existence will not have been in vain.

So, being as honest as I know to be with myself, this is my motivation for trying to take care of myself. My prayer is that Christ will give me a renewed excitement for getting healthier and putting Him up front in everything I do.

What motivates you to take care of yourself?

Just my morning musings. Be blessed today and remember that God loves you!!  So do I, patty

2 comments: