Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!!!     I pray that where ever y'all are tonight, that y'all are warm, happy, and in love with Jesus Christ!!     The very person that we are celebrating tomorrow.     I know that tomorrow is not the calendar day that Christ was born.      And to be quite honest with you, there is no one alive who does know the exact day.    So, I try not to get wrapped up in the unknown.     If it was that important, God would have made sure that the date would have been in scripture. 

What is important?    Certainly not the trees, or Santa, or the gifts, or the lights, or the decorations.    To be quite honest, I do enjoy the sights of the festive holiday season.     I do, I just do.     I just wish it wasn't tied to the birth of Jesus Christ.     A pagan holiday was assigned by a religion that is, at best, pagan itself and all the world followed suit.     Why?    I have NO idea!!!! 

I can't help what the world has decided to do and I certainly can't change it.   I would if I could though.    But, what I can do is tell you what Christ means to me.    Even if we do celebrate His birthday on a day that isn't His birthday, we can still honor Christ with our own life.

My hope is in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!    Hope is EVERYTHING!!!!    Without hope, we wither and die.    Eventually our bodies will die, but have you ever seen a living, breathing person that had no hope?     I have!!!    To be quite honest, I was one of those people before Jesus Christ gave me hope!!!!     Hope is a powerful force.     Hope causes dreams to become reality.     Hope is as healing as medicine in a lot of ways.    A lot of times, hope is the best medicine.     Hope is the powerful force from Jesus Christ that allows a person to beat the death sentence of cancer.     Hope is also the same powerful force that enables a person to say, "It's ok if this disease does take my body, because my eternal being will be in the presence of my Lord and Savior!"      Hope is the powerful force that makes a way when the natural world says there is no way.      Hope opens doors that the enemy thinks he shut.     The same nails that was used to hold Christ to the cross are the very nails that Jesus Christ uses to open doors and make a way!!!     My hope is in the Lord!!!   

So, I don't know the exact date that Jesus was born into this world, I just know that it was a magnificent day for all of us!!!!     Even those who haven't accepted Christ as Lord and Savior yet.    My hope, is that you will, while you still have life and breath in your body.     Without the hope of Christ, we would all be doomed to a devils hell.    I don't want anyone to read my blog and think that "I have time", because, we don't know when our next breath will be our last breath.    Life is a gift!     Eternal life is the BEST gift!!!      That ONLY comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

I came to the realization one day that I don't have all the answers.    I was sick and diseased from the stench of sin.     I realized that I was bound and headed right for hell.     Jesus is the One who broke the curse of sin in my life and over my life!!!   When I acknowledged my sin and confessed my sin and asked Jesus to be Lord of my life for the rest of my life; that was the day I found HOPE.

My hope for whom ever is reading this, and needs hope, is that you will trust what you are reading here enough to search out someone that you trust and that you know loves Jesus too.     Ask them if what I have said is true or not.     If you ask someone that is still living in sin, they don't know the truth either.   But if you ask someone that you know is a believer in Christ and the hope that He offers, they will assure you that I am telling you the truth.

If you have access to a Bible, read the Book of John.   That  book in particular talks about the fact the Jesus is God and then talks about the attributes that God is, also are the attributes that Jesus is.     I know a lot of people will say that this is all make believe and made up stuff.   I ask you, "do you want to find out, when it's too, that all of this is true?"   

This isn't much about Christmas, I realize that.     But my Christmas present to you is this.   There is no time like the present to ask Jesus into your life.    And ask Him every day, to be Lord of your life.   Ask Him to show Himself to you in a very real way every day.   He will.    Tell Him that you find it hard to believe, but you are willing to believe and He will help you every day to believe more and more.    It won't be long till you will see a difference in your life.    Because Jesus makes a difference in everything He touches.     He heals the sick.     He gives sight to the blind.     He raises the dead.     He will make a way for you too.     I was living in my sin, I was blinded by my sin and I was dead in my sin!!!!     So I can say with all authority, that He heals the sick, causes the blind to see and raises the dead!!      That's exactly what He has done for me!!!    Give your life to Him and you can say the same thing!!!

So, if you are in the midst of everything that is Christmas, but have very little to do with Christ, just remember that His birth is the most magnificent gift this earth has ever seen and that it is free for you to open.     I hope that you can and will share this gift with your family and the people that you love.   It is priceless.   There isn't enough money on planet earth to purchase it.    It's free!!!!     Go for it, my friend, you won't be sorry. 

So, "Merry Christmas" from my heart to yours!!!     I pray that every eye that ever reads this will experience the love of Christ, this Christmas and every Christmas till He comes again.    Keep Christ in your heart and you will have hope!!!!     Remember that God loves you enough to provide a way for you to be in right relationship with Him, through His Son, Jesus Christ!!!   God loves you and I do too!!!  hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment