Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Just a little note today

Good morning Y'all!!!!!!       Ok, don't go in shock, please!!      I have just about shocked myself this morning.      I instinctively came to my blog to make a post.      Wow!!!!!       It will be short and sweet for now and I may add to it before the day is over.      Who knows???       hahahaha

Anyway, I love to be quiet in the early morning and 9:15am is early for me.     hahahaha       I love to listen to morning sounds.       Especially this time of year when there are no leaves to muffle the sounds coming from across the way.      I hear the train roll thru and he toots his horn as he does so.     Little red caboose, Little red caboose, Little red caboose behind the train.........that's what runs thru my mind when I hear it.  We used to sing that in 1st grade.      I'm amazed I can still remember that much of the song.    hahahaha       Every once in a while a bird will sit in one of the trees right out side just by my chair and it's as if that bird is talking to me.      Sometimes, in warmer weather, there will be a little tree frog that will do the same thing.      He will sit there and make his noise and it makes me happy.     One day back in the summer, I met one of my little tree frogs.      I was walking, and just glanced out of the corner of my eye and seen something yellow stuck to the side of gray sided house.     Upon closer inspection, it was one of those tiny little frogs, smaller than a quarter in over all spread out size.     He or she was a cute little thing and left it be so it could talk to me some more.       Sometime, I also hear dogs bark in the distance and wonder what stirred them up.       Maybe they spotted a deer or a wild turkey or some other critter that we see out here, or maybe it was just someone taking their daily walk and the dogs was just saying "good morning".      If we let ourselves, we can hear all kinds of sounds.      I have to tell you that in the days past, I have taken those sounds for granted.      But as I lose more of my hearing, I value the every day sounds even more.      I hope you will listen to the sounds in your world today and enjoy them a little more.

Do you ever have a thought that gets in your noggin and won't leave until you write it down?       I do and this is one of those times.       I really don't know why this came to be, but it did, just this morning and that's the real reason for making this post this morning.      I wanted to journal it and then come back to it ever so often to see what the Lord reveals to me about.        I'm calling it "thought for the day".  Here it is:  

Thought for the day:  We are only as good as the lessons we learned from our last mistake.

I make mistakes every day, that's nothing unusual.     But I guess the question for me is, do I learn from my mistakes?       Do I take away anything valuable from the mistakes I made?       Can I do the task again, or what ever it is, without making the same mistake, because I learned what I done wrong and make efforts to correct it the next time?       Or, do I just float along and not learn and continue to make the same mistakes time after time after time?       

We either grow or we grow stagnate.        That is the 2 options we have.      I have mentioned a lot on here about choices.       Again, this boils down to choices.      I pray that I move forward in my day and in my life and that I can learn lessons and grow.       I have already been stagnate.      If you know anything about that word, then apply that to a body of water.      A body of water that has constant movement from an outside source, such as a stream or a spring will not grow stagnate.       It will remain a healthy body of water and good things will grow and thrive in it.      It will be a healthy source of life giving sustenance to what ever needs to drink from that water source or what ever lives in it.  That is truly what Jesus is to us, a healthy stream or river of life giving water and movement.    There is no stagnation in Jesus!!!

On the other had, if it's a pond or a body of water without a fresh source of any kind, it will grow stagnate.      The water takes on a foul smell and color and what ever lives in it is not healthy or useful.  It's usually moldy and stinks to high heaven and has green or brown rotten stuff in it.    The only source of movement would be from the air blowing across it.      

If you had the 2 bodies of water I just mentioned side by side, you would more than likely see that the animals in the woods and fields that came to drink, would make the choice to drink from the fresh water that looks refreshing.      If the stagnate water was the only choice, they would drink that.      But if there is fresh water, that's what most will go to.

I don't want to be a stagnate source of water for myself or anyone else.       I want to be a nourishing and flourishing pool of water for whom ever needs to refresh themselves.      We live in a day and time where there is a lot of unrest and discomfort.      A lot of mistakes have been made.      Most are not learning from the mistakes they have made.       They are refusing to learn.      But there are some of us who are trying hard to learn from our mistakes.      I am trying to be one of those few.      I pray that God will teach me and help me learn from my mistakes.      I guess the greatest lesson I can ever learn is to trust Him to meet my needs.      And ask Him to teach me what I need to learn.       People are trying to teach us a lot right now, but it's not what we need to be consuming as learners.       Pray and ask God for wisdom and discernment.      Discernment is one of the best spiritual gifts that you can have.      If you have discernment, you won't be blown about by every thought that others have and you will know instantly if what they are saying is something you need to be listening.      Discernment is a great teacher.      When you practice it daily, your discernment will get sharper and sharper.      You won't be victim of a lot a false information.      You will know the truth when you hear it.

I don't know what all else God will show me about learning lessons from my mistakes, but I'm sure He will help me learn.     One thing that I do know for sure, it's better to have a few flourishing and growing people in your life who strive for learning and wisdom each day also, than to have a bunch of stagnate people in your life that is growing more foul with each day.     I have a small handful of ladies in my life that help me be a better person each day thru their own growth and lessons learned.     They too, have had some stagnate days and they have learned from them.      These ladies are very important to me and I count them as sisters in Christ.      If you have people like that in your life, consider yourself blessed and favored.      I sure do.      I am pretty outspoken, but I try to filter what I speak thru the change that Jesus has made in my life.      I try to speak truth in love when I can, but I will always speak truth.      Sometimes truth is harsh.      Sometimes harsh is all someone will hear.      But I will always try, with the help of the Lord, speak truth.      I trust the Lord to show me when I'm wrong and I will correct it.     Then I will consider that "a good lesson learned from the last mistake I made".   

I hope you can make some sense from this and that you can relate to what I just wrote.     

Well, on with my day.      Misfits Market Box will come today and I will get all my produce processed, cleaned and in the fridge.       When my box gets here, I will try to remember to take a picture and put it on here to show you what I get in my box.      I am going to make another batch of my cornbread swirls/rolls from yesterdays post.      I'm going to get my dehydrator going with some pears and some kombucha fruit and maybe a couple cans of pineapple tidbits.   

This is my delicious box of Misfits.      It came about 5 minutes after I got this blog post up.       It is a spectacular box and I already have most of it in the fridge.      I'm going to dehydrate the kale, seranno peppers, mushrooms and possibly some of the citrus.        I already have some pears in the fridge that I'm going to make pear chips out of by dehydrating  and some more lettuces that I want to get dehydrated.       It's a great way to preserve produce and then store it in small containers after it's been crushed or powdered.       You can easily add nutrition to just about anything using the powders and most of the time, the flavors will be unnoticed.       Green powders is great to add to a lot of different things, soups, meatloaf, sauces, even some breads.  
This is my washed produce.     Some of it is already in the fridge.      I love staying stocked up on potatoes, carrots and onions.      I haven't had to buy any of those from the store since starting having this delivered to my home each week.       It's well worth the value for organic produce and most of it is heirloom also.     Sometimes my lettuces will come with rootballs and I pick the lettuce off and plant the rootballs and grow more lettuce.      Last summer I kept several of those all summer long and I have some in my greenhouse right now.      If you get a chance to try Misfits Market, I suggest you do.       It's an awesome way to have nourishing produce in the house year round.    The produce also varies as the seasons vary.      I run a sink full of cold water with a splash of vinegar and soak everything in it for a bit and then drain it.      This picture, everything has been washed and draining waiting for the fridge.      Hope you enjoyed seeing this.

As you go thru your day, notice the sounds around you, whether near of far away.     See if you tell what the sounds are and while you are at it, thank God for the gift of hearing.      Think about some of the lessons you have learned and how you learned those lessons and maybe share them with someone you know and love.      As you get on with the busyness of today, thank God for allowing you to be a part of this fine day.     Remember in all you do that God loves you and wants to be in right relationship with you.    I love ya too!!   hugs, love and blessing in abundance be your today, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment