Sunday, June 14, 2020

Where is your heart this morning?

Good morning Y'all!!!      I hope and pray that wherever Y'all are today that you know and feel the presence of the Lord today.     Just wanted to share what was on my heart this morning and I hope you can find some comfort in it.

Who wants a good read today?       If you do, grab your Bible and turn to 1 Peter 2 and read the whole chapter.       It tells us how we are to live in this world, that is not our permanent home.       We are sojourners just passing thru this land.       If you long for something different, just know, that's heaven calling.       "This world is not my home" keeps rushing thru my mind and below is a portion of that song.

""This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.""

There is also another beautiful hymn that keeps coming up too, "This is my Fathers world".     This is a portion of that song:

""This is my Father's world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world,
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas,
His hand the wonders wrought.""

I love the nature side of my Fathers world as described in this sweet hymn of faith, but not so much the side of humanity that we are seeing today. So, while I think of rocks and trees and skies and seas, I also hear the angels beckon me from heaven's open door and I don't feel at home here anymore.

I can't possibly be the only person with a heart that is longing for heaven, but I also long to see God's people do right by one another.

Anyway, this is where my heart was this morning. hugs and love to all and have a blessed day. patty

No comments:

Post a Comment