Friday, May 8, 2020

Just what was on my heart this morning

This is a long read. read it or not, makes no difference to me, I'll never know either way.    This is just where my heart led me this morning.

-Philippians 2:4 ESV Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

-Philippians 2:3 ESV Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

-John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

-Romans 12:2 ESV Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

-Romans 8:5 ESV For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

*****I have a lot freedoms when it comes to this life I live.    I have the freedom that comes from being an American.    I understand that things are not as grandiose as they used to be, but we still have it pretty dog gone good.    I am proud of the freedoms that I have being an American.    I have family members that helped fight for those freedoms and I don't take that lightly.    I can get up as I please, I can go anywhere I please, I can attain any level of accomplishment in my life that I desire, I even have the freedom to kill babies and be in good standing with the government.    What more could anyone want?
The freedom I am most pleased and excited about is the freedom I have in Christ.    Christ alone, bled and died for those freedoms.    My greatest freedom in Christ is too love others.    Is that easy? Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.    There are a lot of things that I can do in my freedom as a Christ follower and be in right relationship with my Lord.
The scriptures above is just a SMALL sampling of how we, as Christ followers, are to actually live in the world in which we do live.    We are going thru some hard times.    People are having to find new norms and it's difficult.    I admit and confess to my Lord right now, that I am struggling.    I also know that I am not the only who is struggling.    But Christ died for me and He knows what I'm struggling with.
When I read all the scriptures above and MANY more, this is where I am finding how, as a Christ follower, I should be carrying myself.
At one time people in KY were complaining about seeing TN license plates in KY WalMart and saying the state line should be closed and blah blah blah!!!!    At any given time, in Springfield, you see about as many KY license plates as you do TN.    Why is that, because people from KY work in TN and people from TN work in KY.    So, before you gripe about seeing TN cars in WalMart, think about that, please.    It's easy to say that, if all your family is near by.    When I hear those statements or read them, I know that there is no compassion behind them.
So, if and when you see me, I "WILL" have a mask on.    At least for the foreseeable future.    I will be wearing it to protect those around me from possible sickness.    I will also be wearing it to protect me from those around me that are sick and not wearing a mask and don't have symptoms yet and don't care.    I will be wearing it because I am compassionate and I do care about the people around me.    Even if I don't know your name, you're my neighbor and I try to be compassionate.
One of the things that blows my mind is that one day you will see people thumbing their noses at wearing masks and vowing and declaring they will not wear a mask and the very next day they are encouraging and asking people to wear masks to support certain businesses.    Some even said they would leave and not support a business if expected to wear a mask, then they are asking people to wear masks.    It's more mind boggling than what comes from the DC area.    Do we or don't we?    For some or for all?    Who knows, I'm sure by tomorrow those standards will have changed.    I think the term is flip flop.
So, if you see me in a mask, just know that I am not under duress from the government to wear it, yet.    I'm not being forced to wear it, yet.    I wear it because I have compassion for my neighbor.    I'll wear to help keep you and me safe.    There are other ways to thumb our noses at the governments interference in our lives besides putting people we love and cherish in harms way and possible death.
Now would be a good time to hone up on the Bible that those of us who are Christ followers say we live by.    just my ramblings for the morning.    hugs and love to all, patty

This was just something I wrote and shared on facebook this morning and thought it should be shared here too.   Just know that God loves you all and He has made a way.  It's up to us chose that way.   He won't make you do anything.   The choice is ours.    Choose wisely.    Your eternity is at risk.   hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment