Sunday, May 1, 2016

My VERY First Gelli Plate Pulls

Good Sunday Y'all!!!   As I sit here typing this blog post the sun has been shining, it has been raining hard and the thunder has been banging all around.   The weather is about fussy as I am, I don't know what I want to do so I make a lot of noise.   That's what the weather is doing.    hahahaha     If you don't like the weather in my neck of the woods, just wait for a few minutes and something you like will roll around.    hahahaha     Just praying it stays mild and does not kick up a bad storm.    I hope and pray that where ever y'all are today that you are safe from the weather.    Even more than that, I pray that you are resting in the arms of Father God this blessed day!!!

Did you see the title of today's post?     Hehehehehe, I am so stinkin' happy, yes I am!!!    I done my very first gelli plate pulls!!!!     Ohhhhh, yes I did!!!!     I'm just silly giddy with excitement.    In a Google+ community that I belong to, Kraafters Kommunity, the ladies over there are always experimenting and doing all sorts of cool fun stuff.    They talk of their love hate relationship with the gelli plate to do printing with.   If you don't know what that is, google "gelli plate" and you will find more than enough info to keep you busy for years.   hahaha     Anyway, I have watched with envy and joy and happiness as they have lots of fun and have been very hesitant to do it.    Why?     Heck, don't ask me, I don't know why!!!!    Anyway, about 3 weeks ago I gathered the supplies to make my own gelli plate and set out making one.     (You can also google "how to make a gelli plate" and find recipes and how to's.)    The purchased ones are better and will last longer than the homemade ones, but making one is a good way to determine if it's an investment you want to make, because they are kinda pricey.  

With all that said, this afternoon, I bit the bullet and played with my gelli plate!!!!    The gelli plate I made is about 9 x11 inches.    I took a spatula, hahaha, and cut off a corner that is about 3 x 4.5 inches.    It didn't seem to be quite so intimidating when I cut it down.    I used a very small water color pad to make my pulls with.    It is 2 x 3.5 inches, so they are really tiny little pieces of art, or will be when I get thru with them.    I had a stinkin' blast!!!!    I used Folk Art paint, Apple Barrel Paint and some Martha Stewart Glass paint.    I had some very specific images in my mind of what I wanted to do and what I had hoped my pulls would look like.    I had had those images in my mind from the very first time I seen gelli plating and I guess that's why I had not ventured to do it.   I was actually afraid that I would not be able to recreate the images in my mind.    Well, I am very happy to report that with the help of God, I did just that!!!    Now, with the pulls that I have on the heavy water color paper, I just have to do some finishing touches on them to get my tiny pieces of art to look exactly as I had wanted them to look.
Woohoo!!!  Yay!!!   I did it!!!!
I just used a few stamps to make images and impressions.
On a couple of them I used a lid from something to make circles and I used some feather stamps on some.


This is some of the paints I used.
This has a mini quilt stamp on it.
I think this one with the faint feather image is close to my favorite one.
 This is the mini water color pad I used.   I hope to get more of these.
This is another one that I really like.  I stamped the images after I had used it on the gelli plate to lift color.

 I really like the purple and bronze circles.
 These quilt pieces are fun.





This is the one I really like.  
I just have to say that I am now hooked, like so many others!!!!!   I can honestly say that there are many more worse things to be hooked on!!!!    Ain't that right y'all?   Woohoo!!!!    I can"t wait to play more!!!

I hope and pray that y'all have had a great day and that what ever you done today, you kept God first place in all you done.    God loved you enough to give His Son as a pardon for your sin and that if you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, you will be saved.

Ladybug, hope you had a great day today and look forward to seeing you soon.   Sweetpea loves you.

Have a great night, y'all!    Share what you seen here today with someone you love.    Stay safe.   Remember God loves y'all and so do I!!!    hugs, Patty

4 comments:

  1. Rose, thanks for sharing...I must try this...it looks and sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois!! I say "go for it"!!! If you find a recipe and make it yourself, then you can just cut a corner off of it and make it smaller, then it looks like something that you can slowly conquer. Some of the ladies are masters at it and it;s just fun to watch them. Go for it, you can do it. Thanks again. hugs, patty

      Delete
  2. congratulations Patty!!! Love your prints. I always make sure I have at least an afternoon free if I'm going to gelli print. It's so hard to stop once you start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Thanks Tina!!! I was hoping you see this. I had a ball and I am hooked. I look forward to doing more. Oh, yes, it was hard to stop. hehehe hugs, patty

      Delete