Monday, October 21, 2013

Who's in your boat?

Are you troubled about something that may be causing unrest in your days and nights?  Do you feel as though the load you are carrying is too heavy for you to pack any longer?  Do you feel as though the harder you use the bucket to bail water from your boat, its gonna sink anyway?

Friend, I pray for you to have a peace that passes all understanding!!!  You are in the middle of a storm at the present. But, Jesus is in your boat.

I was reading about the passage of scripture where Jesus calms the storm. The disciples thought they were going to die and Jesus was asleep during the storm. The disciples woke Him up and asked Him if He cared they were about to die. Jesus spoke to the storm and it ceased. All my life, I thought Jesus may have raised His voice, yelling at the storm, (kinda like a parent raising a voice to a child) but this writer, having extensive knowledge in the original text, and the particular words used, said that Jesus spoke to the storm like a mother trying to calm a crying child (you don't yell at a child in order to soothe that child). In a very hushed and low voice, Jesus said, "Peace, Be still", like a mother would say, "ssshhhhhhhh; to a crying baby. So I ask Jesus to calm the storm in your life right now, so that you too, can rest through it. "Peace, Be still", my friend.

I do believe in the power of prayer!!! I do know how God is at work in all of our circumstances!!! Were it not for the cleansing power of Jesus Christ over my life, every bit of it, I would not be here today!! I believe the same can be said of most of us. I believe God can and will see you through the rough, stormy, dark patch.

Psalm 30:5--weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

When does joy come?  Do you know the feeling of the world doing its best to beat you down, into the grave.  David knew that feeling, also. The enemy gloats over our failures.  Even if we feel God has hidden Himself from us, we can still call on Him and He hears us.  Joy always comes after a long hard struggle!  When we realized that were it not for God, the situation would look totally different.   ....joy cometh in the morning!!

Psalms 121:1 (A Song of degrees.) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. ...

Friend, from where does your help come?  The world certainly offers a lot, but it never has offered the kind of help you and I need.  God is ever present, always watching and never sleeps or slumbers!

There are a lot of remedies for a lot of different ailments, but there is only one remedy that satisfies the soul, and that remedy is Jesus Christ.  I would suggest to you, that if Jesus is not in your boat, get your boat to shore immediately, and ask Him to be the Captain of your vessel!(written by:pjg, Sept.2013,edited Oct.2013)

I hope that you find hope in the words of God today.  As you go through today, realize you don't have to be alone.  The Lord wants to be your shepherd too, He's just waiting for you to call on Him.

Hugs, and be blessed today, y'all,  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment