Sunday, March 7, 2021

"March"ing Forward

Good morning Dear Friends!!!!       How did we get into March so quickly?????     WoW!!!!      Time is flying and I feel like I'm standing still!!     hahaha       How are all of Y'all doing on this fine and sunshiny day?       It is a beautiful one here in my neck of the woods.      I feel Spring in the air!!!!!    That means new birth abounds.      The earth, in my neck of the woods, is starting to awaken from the slumber of a long Winter's nap.     I, for one am thrilled beyond measure.      

I'm so looking forward to getting new life growing on my deck this year.     My Ozark Strawberry bare root stock is in the mail and I am one happy little back porch gardener!!!       I sure pray that God blesses my efforts with these.      I really do.      I have so looked forward to having strawberries and finally decided to grow some last year.     So, I ordered some bare roots stock from a place on amazon and they was in the mail almost 2 weeks and they stunk when I opened the bag and they were molded.     I went ahead and planted the stinking things, but they did not have ANY life left in them.    I took pictures and sent them to the seller on amazon and he refunded my money, as well he should have.      

This time, I ordered from Gurney's and I fully expect them to be in good condition when I get them.    I'm hoping they may come tomorrow.      I have a 5 tier Mr. Stacky planter container ready to put them in and I can't wait!!!!       Then, I actually have corn ordered that is good for container gardens.    It is a short corn that should have between 2 and 3 ears per stalk.    I have some large pots that I will use for them and put about 5 kernels per pot and then plant a couple of green beans in with the corn and I may even put a squash in there too.     That would be 9 seeds per pot and that's what one place I seen ahd said was good.     We'll see.    I guess this will be an exercise in feeding the squirrels!!!      Those dang things, I can't keep them off the deck!!!!      Like I keep saying, "here in my necks of the woods", literally in my neck of the woods, the squirrels are abundant!!!!!      I despise the little stinkers!!!!!!      Oh, they are cute in someone elses yard, but not on my deck!!!!       hahahahah       

I can't wait to get my GreenStalks planted with lots of leafy greens.     I have lots of tomatoes and peppers that I am anxious to try as well as some squashes and I have a couple of melons that I'm very anxious to try.     Anyway, I may have too lofty goals set for myself.     But I'd rather set the bar too high than not even have a bar, if you know what I mean.      But, like I keep saying when I mention gardening, I just try to get the seeds planted and watered and tend them the best I know how and than I ask God to bless my efforts.      That is honestly, the only way I know how to do anything.      If God isn't in it, then I ain't either.      Since the first recorded people were tenders of the Garden, then I feel very much like God will bless the efforts of anyone who is tending soil, even if it is in containers.  

I also bought some of the triple pocket stackable planters from Dollar Tree.      I ordered them and had them delivered.      Those may be my greens planters.        I have strawberry seeds and I may start some of those seeds in those planters and see how they do.     They are just not very deep and don't hold much soil, so they may not be grand for strawberries.      But they will be good for greens and maybe even radishes, a few in each pocket.      Dollar Tree also has some collapsible cages, kinda like what I always called "tomato cages" and I ordered 24 of those and had those delivered too.     They will be good in my regular pots and they may even work in my GreenStalks, I'll have to wait and see about that though.   

I continue to do a lot of baking here lately.       I do a lot of cooking in general.       I do a lot of dehydrating also.      It's a great way to preserve produce.       I still make Fire Cider and Kombucha.     I still make my own yogurt.      The one thing I haven't had a lot of success with is starting a sour dough starter.      I just can't stand the traditional method that wastes more than is used!!!!!      I will not waste that much product.       I keep searching for the elusive method that doesn't waste so much.      I know it's out there somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.      So, I keep looking and searching.      If anyone knows of a starter that doesn't include being so wasteful while getting one started, please let me know.    I would be forever grateful.   

I hope everyone is doing well.       Trying to stay well and maintain some sanity thru this pandemic has been difficult for a lot of people, including myself.      But, as usual, there are still a lot of people who don't care about others and could care less about all the lives lost to this evil beast.     Just doing your part is not a hard thing to do.      But, I guess it is to people that believe life circles around them.      In reality, the world won't stop turning and going on until God is ready for it to stop.     So, there may be selfish people, but the world isn't turning for them.      It turns for all of us.    So, do your part to try to stay healthy and in turn try to help others to stay healthy, by doing your part.     That statement is redundant, I know, but in reality, it makes sense.     Wear your mask correctly, sanitize your hands often and correctly, wipe down door knobs and frequently used surfaces.     We just need to try to do our part to get us all back in the main stream of society.     "I and me" is all a lot of people think about, but we need to shift our thinking to "us and we".     When we do that, we can make a difference!!!!

I sure hope that all you Dear Ones have a blessed rest of your day and that you thank God for such a beautiful day.      Get out and enjoy a little of it.     See if there are any weeds or little flowers blooming in your yard.      I am waiting for my 2 little crocus' to bloom and that should be happening soon.    

Well, as March is moving forward, I pray that you make God a priority in the days ahead.    Tell someone you know that has already made them a priority, and that He loves them.      I hope you have visions of gardening and if you do, ask God to bless your efforts, He will.    Make March the best month yet, by telling someone that God loves them.     If you haven't heard it already, let me tell you that God loves you.     I love y'all too.     hugs, love and blessings be yours today, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment