Saturday, October 19, 2019

Quilt Show 2019, safely tucked away

Good morning Y'all!!!     I hope and pray that wherever y'all are today that you are blessed in this lovely day.    Today is a good day to feel the blessings of God and acknowledge them too.     Thank You God, for all the blessings that today holds and help me see them as such and help me to be grateful and thankful to be a part of such a lovely day!!    It is a little cooler in my neck of the woods and for that, I am grateful.    It was such a sweltering hot summer, so the cooler temps is a welcome change.

It's so funny, usually when I am working on a blog post, there is a flurry of activity taking place outside that I can hear.    This morning, there is nothing happening.     The birds are not even chirping.    I guess they are out gathering worms.    There is usually 4 or 5 lawn mowers doing their thing and weed trimmers going and dogs barking.   Nada, zilch, none of that taking place.   Just me coughing my head off.    hahahaha     But then again, most of the lawns look like ours, burned up, so there's no need for a lawn mower, right!   hahaha     Anyway, it's just an unusual morning with no outside activity.    It's so quiet, I think I could hear snow falling!!!    Oh, there is it!!!!   Those dreaded words!!!     SNOW!!!!!     Yes, we will be thinking about snow soon enough, so I wanted to put those words out there so it won't be such a shock one of these mornings.    hahaha

My little pots out on the deck still have a little produce in them, can you believe that?    I just about can't.     It has been so hot and dry that I had to keep everything watered and sometimes I think I was about drown my little tomatoes and peppers and then other times I was about to starve them to death, but I did enjoy the bounty of them this summer.    I hope to have more next year.    It's nice to go out and pick a tomato that you grew with your own two hands.    Even one tomato plant is a blessing.

So, I hope I can figure out more ways to have more produce next spring.    I really wish I didn't have allergies, that would help me so much.    But, since I deal with them, I have to limit my time outside.  I am actually dealing with allergies right now, even as I type.    I have been sick ever since the Quilt Show this past weekend and I can't say that I am feeling better, but I don't think it's getting worse.     I had gotten sick after the County Fair also.     The Quilt Show was in the fair building, so I'm thinking there is something in there that I'm allergic to.   So, it looks like I will be changing some of the activities that I love.     If it's gonna make sick, I have to ask myself, is it worth it, and right now, I can honestly say that it isn't worth being sick just to work in and participate in some of those activities.  We'll see.     That really saddens me, but I can't risk my health.   So that is the dilemma and we'll see how it plays out.

I mentioned the Quilt Show and I took a few pictures and wanted to share them with y'all.    I thought I had gotten a picture of everything, but I know I didn't.    We did have over 130 items entered this year.    Fewer large quilts and more smaller items and wall hangings and stuff like that.   We had 9 or 10 vendors this year.   That is the most vendors we've had.    I didn't take any pictures of the vendors, just the quilts that the community at large supplied for the show.

Well, I started this a couple of weeks ago and got sick, so here it is past the middle of October and I'm not any closer to getting pictures up than I was the day I started this blog post.   I'm gonna go ahead and just post this as is and hope I can get some pictures up later.    Remember in the busy-ness of each day that God loves us and Jesus is the door that allows us to be in right relationship with God.   I hope and pray that you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today.   He is the best friend you'll ever have.   If you do know Him as your Lord and Savior, that makes us brothers and  sisters in Christ.  While we may never meet each other in this life, we will in the next life and that is pretty exciting to me.   I hope it is to you too.   Till next blog post, stay happy, healthy, and excited about the future.    God loves you, and so do I!!!   hugs and blessings, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment