Monday, January 28, 2019

Another Project from 2018, and "Keep"

Good late afternoon on this pretty chilly day here in my neck of the woods on January 24th, 2019.    We've had some pretty cool temps here as of late, but I am thrilled to say that we haven't had the bad weather they have called for, for us.   I am so thrilled about that!!     But, I do keep in mind that others have been suffering with the cold and bad weather.    As I type this, I am also reminded of family, friends, and online friends that are struggling right now.    Some are struggling with health related issues and facing surgeries, others are dealing with job loss, and still others are putting one foot in front of the other after the tragic loss of loved ones.   Just know that all of you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers daily.    The best thing that we can do for one another, regardless of the situation is to pray for each other.    Just know that I do pray for my friends, online friends and the visitors to my blog.   I always ask for God to meet each and every need that y'all have.    So, as we are still feet first into this winter season (where I live anyway), let's try to remember to lift each other in prayer.    Prayer is gift that should be used frequently and generously, on those around you and on yourself.   

Last time, I shared a project with y'all that I had finished in Dec 2018.   I was thrilled to finally get that one wrapped up and off of the "to do" list.    Been working on another one and will share pictures of it as soon as I get it finished too.   It has been pretty exciting to get some these done after having them for YEARS, in a half done state.    So, while I don't have another quilt to share with y'all, I do have a fun and simple project to share with y'all.    One of our Family Community Clubs here in my county is responsible for decorating the Christmas Trees in the County Museum that represents all of the clubs in the county.    One of the ladies was asking for Angels of all kinds to put on some of the trees.  Well,   I made some and they were really pretty.    I loved how they turned out.   Beautiful, rich colors and lots of glitter and even some purple!!!   Now y'all know that gets my heart racing!!!   Purple and glitter, what more can a country gal want, unless it's more purple and more glitter.    You can NOT have too much of either.    hahaha

Here it is the morning of Jan 28th and I am back at this blog post.     I was about to share a few pictures of a project that was very simple, but had a lot of impact.     These make me very happy.     I made a few extra to share with friends and they enjoyed them too.
These are made from a square paper pad that is 6x6 inches.     I used my mini score board and started right in the center with my score marks.     Because I'm lazy like this, I folded the paper in half and then scored every 3/8 of an inch starting at the fold and working my way to the cut sides.   The final score mark is less than the others, that's why you want to start on the fold and work your way over to the cut side.
I took my scored piece back to the scoreboard, kept it folded and laid it on the scoreboard  with the longest edge to the top.    Next. I made a mark 2 inches down on the very first center score mark that I made.     I took my scissors and cut carefully down to that 2 inch mark.   See those bracelets un in the right hand corner of this picture, well, that's another blog post!!!   hahahaha
 Next, I took each side and carefully folded it as tightly and as neatly as I could down the dress part of the angel and used a small line of glue and held it together till it grabbed.   I done both sides like that, making the sleeves/arms of the angel.   Be very careful in this process, because it is still very fragile and easy to tear.     Once all my glue grabbed and held, I started glueing on my wooden heads.    Some of  them had holes in the center and if they did, I glued my hanger in the center before glueing it to the body.     If they didn't have a hole in the center, then I glued my jute hanger to the backs of the angel down about where the head is glued to the body.
These here, I don't have the halo's on yet.    (after careful inspection, I found that I do have the halo's on, they just don't show up well in this picture.)     But I have those rolls of beads on a string, where the beads are melted to the string and I cut them the length I wanted and glued them to the back also and that made the little halos stand up.   They were really cute.    After that, I made my little bows and got those glued on and them I took my studio g I think it is, glitter glue and commenced with my happiness!!!!!    Glittering them up!!!     The glitter glue all over them made the paper more sturdy when they were all dried and finished.

Overall, this was very fun and satisfying project!!!    I do love all the jewel tone  colors of the angels, especially the purple, and the way they looked when finished.   And in the process of making my angels, I figured out how to make mine with one piece of paper, no cutting and no waste.   It was very quick.    I had seen all the videos of making angels, but I had not seen anyone making angels the way I described.    I will not claim the design, but I will emphatically say that I DID NOT take anyone else's design.     hahaha     So, if you need to make angels in a hurry, this is the way to go.   Also the bead that I used for the heads is about the size of a marble.    I don't know the size in mm's or inches, I just used what I had.

There was another project that I was a part of and very happy to be a part of it too.      My FCE club, Family Community Education got together in late October, early November and had a workshop day.  This is the second year that we have done this project.   We made mittens and scarves for the homeless during the cold weather.    They are then distributed by those who check on the homeless during the winter months.     It's a difficult situation, but when we do this project, we feel we are helping in a small way. 
We ended up with 12 sets and another 5 extra pairs of mittens.     Two of the ladies was cutting, one of the ladies was sewing the mittens together and I was sewing the elastic in the wrist of the mittens and the other was over seeing and being our legs between one step and the other.     It worked out great and was a wonderful way to spend a day that will hopefully help someone.    It was a great day!!

As I go thru my phone looking for pictures, I see that I have a lot of stuff to share and I will.     Sometimes, I think I haven't done anything, then I look at the pictures on my phone and just get tired from all the stuff I have done!!!   hahaha

My FCE club got together in December on our regular club day and went to a nice restaurant across the way and celebrated with a nice meal and fun browsing in the gift shop afterwards.   I actually ran into Santa.    He was kind enough to tell me that I wasn't getting anything for Christmas.    I promptly yanked his beard and ran away!!!!   hahahahaha
Even after all that, Santa lied!!!!   hahaha    I did get a little something for Christmas.    hahaha

But in thinking about Christmas, Santa is a fictional character, unlike the One for whom Christmas is named and celebrated.    Jesus is the reason to celebrate every day with a new found fervency!!!     Without  Him, we wouldn't have anything to celebrate.   I just hate the fact that the birth of our Savior was assigned a pagan holiday, to transform that day into something good.    So is the time that we celebrate His death, again, a pagan holiday that has been assigned to His death.      If we know nothing at all about the Bible, we know that worshipping as the pagans do is strictly forbidden.     God wants a pure and holy form of worship.     What does that look like?     You know what, we have NO idea what pure and holy worship looks like these days, because there are so many agendas attached to worship.   Too many man made expectations and traditions that are just plain sinful.     What do we do about it?      It's a tough situation to find yourself in, but if you do, leave the situation!!!!      That's the best we can do.      Worshiping together as a family is better than putting ourselves in the situation of pagan worship, worshiping something other than Christ.   

We do not look to man for anything.     We look to God for everything.     No man or woman should be telling you what to think or how to think.      We should be reading scripture and allowing God to tell us what He thinks thru His written word.    That's it.      When a man is standing before you, preaching/teaching the word of God, know for yourself that what he is saying is scriptural and not taken out of context, or proof texting.     The only way to know that is to know scripture and have your bible in hand.     When he starts speaking something that isn't scriptural, get up and leave.    You don't have to make a big commotion, just get your family out of there and don't look back.     If someone calls and asks why you left, either tell them or not, but don't lie about it.    We left a church for basically this same reason.    One of my friends at church called me and asked me about it and asked why we left.   Even before I said anything, she that they had felt funny about some things ever since they had been coming to church there.     I asked her what she was gonna do about it.     She said well, I don't guess we'll do anything, we just don't want to drive any farther than we are right now.     The distance to church should not ever be a factor.     If the one closest to you is not what you need, then drive till you find one that is.    Even consider a different denomination if necessary.     If you and they are worshiping the same God, the same Jesus Christ and have the same indwelling Holy Spirit, then anything else is manmade and more than likely useless to growth of the individual and the church.   

There are a lot of basic fundamentals that are getting lost in all the mumbo jumbos of the churches.      I'm sorry, but if God calls it sin, then it's sin.     No, we should never kick a person out of church because of their lifestyle, Lord knows they need Him!!    We all do!!!    But, for people blatantly living certain lifestyles and thumbing their noses at the word of God and saying that it has somehow changed; folks, that is dangerous territory.     People say that times have changed so the bible doesn't fit today's lifestyles.     It doesn't make a scrapping bit of difference what I say, or what you say, what does scripture say about it?      The bible definitely says that "God doesn't change"!!!     If it was sin when He spoke it, it's still sin.      And when we have foxes guarding the henhouse, they will get in.   That is what has happened with the church.     We have sin in the pulpits.     Yes, we are all sinners, struggling with our sin.     But we need to look as Sodom and Gomorrah with serious eyes and an even more serious mindset.      Study that with an open heart, open to receiving what God wants us to understand.     It is a very grievous time that we live in.

Also, the fact we no longer value life in the form babies.     We value baby animals more than we value the lives of the unborn babies.    What in the name of God is wrong with us????     Sin infestation is the worst disease this world has ever known!!!      Unlike some of the diseases that attack the body and kill the body, sin attacks the heart and mind and soul and not only produces physical death but also an eternity apart from God!!!      We have a tendency to not take this seriously.      But if we got serious about the sin that we see and perhaps participate in, and started praying about it and seeking Gods help to overcome it, there would be radical change.    That's what Jesus does.     He is the radical change this world needs, but it has to start at home first.     When I get serious, then you will see me serious about it and then you will get serious, and then people will see you serious and that will encourage them to get serious.   First thing you know, it has a snowball effect, and that's a great thing!!!     That is the snowball that I would love to see rolling thru this country and on to the rest of the world.     Ok, let's have a snowball fight!!!     Consider this a challenge and accept it as one and we'll see how big the snowball gets.

One thing to do is to read the bible and remember to keep what you have read in your heart and ponder on those things.    This is one way that my word for the year keeps popping out at me, is just reading the word and pondering what I have read and letting God speak to me thru His words.

Well, that's about all I have for today.    Hope you enjoy the projects I shared.   Maybe you'll find some inspiration in them and have fun doing something for someone.     I hope we'll all accept the snowball challenge and keep His words in our hearts.    I pray that y'all have a beautiful day today and that you will remember that God loves you.    I hope there is some sunshine where you are, if not, remember that the Son is always shining if you allow Him to shine in your life.     He loves you and wants to be in right relationship with you.     Do something fun today and tell me about it.    Remember that God loves you and wants to be in right relationship with you thru the shed blood of His Son.     That is the only way to the Father is thru the Son.      He wants better for us than we can even imagine for ourselves.    Be blessed today and remember that I love y'all too!!!!   hugs, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment