Sunday, January 28, 2018

Whose Truth are You Living? A Tip

We have heard a lot here lately about people and their truth.    People walking in their own truth.    I just have to say that that scares the daylights outta me!!!!!     Most of us have not set the bar for truth very high for ourselves, thus you have people saying that they walk in their own truth.    Here are a few questions I want to ask and then we will try to answer these questions and see where we end up.

1. What exactly is truth? 
2. Can an individual even have their own truth? 
3. And, would I suggest you and I follow in the footsteps of someone walking in their own truth?

1.  Now, what exactly is truth?     A simple answer right off the top of my head would be, anything that isn't a lie.     Simple enough, right.     Who determines what a lie is?     What determines a lie?    Ok, I'm asking more questions now, so I gotta stop that.   hahaha 

Ok, So I googled the word truth and this is just a sampling of what I came up with.    Truth = the true or actual state of a matter;    conformity with fact or reality;     a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like;    the state or character of being true;    actuality or actual existence; an obvious or accepted fact;    truism;    platitude;    honesty;    integrity;    truthfulness.

Now, read that very carefully and google them again, if necessary.     I have to tell you that right off the bat, there are a couple of words in there that scare the willies outta me!!!     It's those two words that some people are using to talk about their platform of walking in their truth.   Do you see the 2 words I am talking about?    Truism!   Platitude!     Those two words have very little to nothing to do with truth!!!!

Truism stands for a certain kind of truth—a cliché, a platitude, something so self-evident that it is hardly worth mentioning.     One can use it to accuse another writer or speaker of saying something so obvious or evident and trite that pointing it out is pointless.

A platitude is a trite, meaningless statement, generally directed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease.       Platitudes are geared towards presenting a shallow, unifying wisdom over a difficult topic.      However, they are too general and overused to be anything more than undirected statements with ultimately little meaningful contribution towards a solution.

Truisms and platitudes is what most of the people claiming to "walk in their own truth" is actually walking in.   Well, it's actually garbage, but that garbage has a name and it's truisms and platitudes.

Now, what does the Bible say about truth?

John 14:6 ESV
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 8:32 ESV
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 16:13 ESV
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.



John 17:17 ESV

Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Ephesians 6:14 ESV
Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

2 Timothy 2:15 ESV
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.



Proverbs 12:22 ESV

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

John 4:24 ESV
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

John 1:17 ESV
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Psalm 25:5 ESV
Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

1 John 5:20 ESV
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Ephesians 4:15 ESV
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,



Proverbs 16:13 ESV

Righteous lips are the delight of a king, and he loves him who speaks what is right.

This is just a very small sampling of all the verses in Scripture that talk about truth.   Not a one of these or any of the others, mention one iota about you or I walking in our own truth.   Because quite, frankly, we wouldn't recognize truth if it slapped us up side the head.    The only way we can recognize truth is thru the grace, mercy and truth of Jesus Christ!!!      It is really frightening when I hear a mere mortal being proclaim "walking in her own truth" as though she is god or something!!!    What's even more frightening, people that would classify themselves as "highly intelligent", jumping on that bandwagon!!!!    That truth, my friends, is straight up from the pits of hell!!!   I don't care who is telling you about their truth, if it has NOTHING to do with the truth of who Jesus Christ is, RUN from it!!!!!!     The enemy is running rampant and he is using people who are more than ready to be used.    Now, there is no doubt that these people would deny being used by the enemy,,,,but, as they say, "proof is in the pudding".     If someone is claiming to walk in their own truth and that truth has nothing to do with a relationship with Jesus Christ, well, they are walking in a lie, straight up LIES!!!   So, before we jump on the bandwagon of someone tooting their own horn, see if what they are ranting about lines up with scripture in any way, if it doesn't, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction!!!!

2.   NO!!!!!   NO!!!!!!   NO!!!!!!!    You can not have you own truth!!!!!    If "your truth" does not line up with God's truth, someone is wrong, and I can promise you with 100% accuracy, "it AIN'T God!!!!!!"

3.   NO!!!!!!    NO!!!!!!      NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!     I don't care who it is!!!!    I don't care how much notarity and fame they carry with them, I don't care if they had a television show............I don't care what kind of pedigree they think they have!!!!     They are a liar, used by the enemy, doing the enemies work, and taking as many people to hell with them as they can, all the while, claiming to be a good person, who walks in "her own truth"!!!!   How scary is that??????      It should scare you as badly as it scares me.     And if you ever come in contact with anyone "walking in their own truth", my best advice would be to run as fast and far in the opposite direction as you possibly can.   

1 Thessalonians 5:22   says  "abstain from all appearances of evil".      Claiming to walk in ones own truth, is about as evil as it gets!!!

So, who do you listen to?     I can not tell you what to do.     All I can do, is hope and pray that all who read this is walking in the truth of Jesus Christ and can and will recognize the slimy lies of the enemy, regardless of who's mouth is spewing those lies.

That's one reason I don't watch a lot of tv or any of the awards shows anymore.   There is always someone "walking in their own truth" and the majority of those at the awards shows will eat that stuff up like hogs at a slop trough!!!!    I don't care what they believe, well I do, but they will never be here on my blog to read the truth, but I do care what y'all believe!!!   If you are here, reading my blog, I hope and pray that you are already a Christ follower and walk in His truth, grace and mercy.    If you are not a Christ follower, then I hope that Christ will convict your heart right now of the sin in your life and that you will make the decision to walk in the truth of Christ from this day forward and study the Word of God and ask God to give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding when you are reading His Word.   He will!!!!    When we are studious in God's Word, we recognize immediately, the lies that spew forth from the enemies mouth and we will flee!!

I hope you have read something here today that has been a blessing to you.   More than anything, I hope that you have read the truth here today.   Because I can tell you, I DO NOT WALK IN MY TRUTH!!!!!!    I do walk in the truth, grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.   My desire is for you to walk in that same truth, grace and mercy!!!!

My tip for this blog post is to get a concordance and look up every scripture of truth in the Bible and read all of those.   Make notes on them.    Commit to memory as many as you can and then when you are confronted with someone "walking in their own truth", you will recognize it for the filthy lies that it is and flee.

Have a great rest of the day.   Be blessed in name of Jesus Christ.   Tell someone that you are walking in the truth of God's Word.     Remember that God loves you enough to provide a way for you to be in right relationship with Him thru the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Messiah!!!!   I love y'all too!!   Hope to see you back here real soon.    I have some projects to share with y'all and will share some more of my beads that I have been making.   Have a wonderful rest of the day and thank God for allowing you to be a part of such a magnificent day!!!!  Many hugs and much love, Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment