Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Crafts, A tip, Quilt Show Pics and "There's More"

Good afternoon Y'all!!!   The weather is just a little bit perfect today!!!    Thank You Lord, for the beauty of today!!!    It has been up and down for a few days now and the temps are a bit cooler, and YES, I do find myself loving that to the max!!!     I think it's fair to say that Fall may actually be here now.     I love the beauty of the Fall, but once the beauty of Fall is gone comes the bleakness of Winter.    That bleakness is something that I do have to deal with from time to time.     I just have to learn to take one day at a time and not worry about what is coming, just be thankful for what is.    So, I am thankful for today.   Because God made this day for us to enjoy and if we make Him a significant part of today, it will be blessed indeed!! 
************
I hope that everyone is having some crafty fun these days.    My mojo came back with a vengence and I am so HAPPY!!!!     I have so many pictures to share that I don't know where to start.     But, the first weekend in October, the Family Community Education Clubs thru the UT Extension Office had our 2nd Annual Quilt Show.   So, I will share a few pics of it before I start sharing my stuff.   It was a very big success, again.     I am so thankful and grateful to be a part of this wonderful group of ladies who are actively seeking ways to live for Christ through the activities that we share with the community.   There was lots of people from far and wide who came to this event.    It really was a fun day.    I did take LOTS of pictures too.   
Ok, so I thought I would start off with a little Tennessee Pride.    There was a couple of Vandy quilts too, but I didn't see them in my pics, and I thought I got pictures of every quilt in the place.
This was one of the corners that had 3 beauties in it.    The one on the left with lots of white was hand embroidered!!!    It was gorgeous!!    Well, they all were!
This was a really fun one.   This was Sunday dress shirts and ties made into a quilt.   The shirts and ties came from 3 generations of men in the same family.   It was a labor of love for sure.
I think Dresden Plate is my favorite of all time quilt patterns.    But then again, I never met a quilt I didn't love.    This one was beautiful.
This little one here was a really sweet quilt.   I think they may have said it was a story quilt, because of all the different scenes on it.   I looked and looked at this one.    It was a happy quilt.
This quilt was the quilt that I had on display.   Where it was hanging does not do it justice because it can't be seen real well.    But it is a Dresden Plate.   It was made by my former Pastor's mother in law.    When my Dad died in 2012, Eunice brought it to the funeral home and gave it to me.    I do believe it is the last quilt that her mother pieced and quilted.   The date on it is 2000.   It is a treasure!!!
This one is  3 Sisters memory quilt.    It is so fun and funny.   It is a T-shirt quilt.    I think I laughed at it every time came near it.
This one is another beauty.   I just love the colorfulness of this one.   It is a Wedding Ring quilt.   It may possibly be a Double Wedding Ring quilt, I almost think that's what it is.   It really is beautiful.
This was one of the tables with some of the smaller items on it.   The main thing featured  above is an Easter Egg Cozy.    Each little pocket is made from a pot holder sized quilted piece and then they were all attached in a circle.   Everyone loved this piece.    Just above that in the same picture is a cardstock quilt that I made about 5 years ago.   Everyone loved it too.
This cute little Christmas Tree is adorned with a Quilt Chain that was made from a salvaged quilt.   It was old and about to fall apart and the one that made the Christmas decorations from the old quilt had it at the Christmas Sampler for sale and the lady that bought it, brought it and showed it at the Quilt Show.    It garnered a lot of comments too.   Everyone loved it.
 This is a Parasol Lady quilt.    It is quite lovely and colorful. 
This last one is on display at the local museum.    It is a quilt featuring all the Family Community Education Clubs going back 90 years and each club done an extra block or two featuring an area landmark or an event that happened in the community of the local club.   It had a lot of interesting events and places featured on it.    It is a county treasure for sure and quite beautiful.

This is just a small sampling of the quilts.   I wish I had space for all 500 pictures I took.    The next post, I may share a few from the trunk show.    They were all beautiful too.    There was a lot people that attended the trunk show.   That is my favorite part.  (If you go back and click on each picture it will make a little larger.)

I don't know if there are a lot of Quilt Shows that take place across the country, but if you get the chance to go to one near you, jump at the chance, you won't be disappointed.   Well, I'll say you shouldn't be disappointed.     Last year we had many more quilts from the 1800's.    I really wish we would have had more old quilts, but we didn't and that is ok.   Because what we did have was still pretty spectacular.    I am happy that I got to be a part of it and once again, got to touch some pieces of history.    To look at some of these quilts and know the energy, effort and time that went into each one of them is very touching.    I dare say that most of the piecing and quilting of the older quilts took place after the rest of the house had turned in for bed.    I can just imagine some mother, grandmother, wife, setting and working diligently on a quilt to keep her family warm on a cold winter's night.  Back in the day, they were utilitarian, but now, they are works of art.    They must be recognized as such too.     The utilitarian quilts are just as lovely as the ones made for show, especially when you consider the love and thought that went into each one.

I sure hope you enjoyed this little tour of the quilts this year and I must say that I am already looking forward to next year.  
************
I do have an easy "tip" for you today.   It's actually nothing special, but I'll share it anyway.     So, when you have your die cutter out or are working on your electric cutter, cut a few extra pieces and stash them in a clear shoebox or a stufftainer to have on hand.    I can always share with someone else from my stash if I have plenty cut and it's always appreciated.    What ever I am working one, I will always cut extra.    It's a good way to use up smallish pieces and then have on hand to share with others.    I will be having my Family Community Education club meeting tomorrow and I have dug around in my surplus and will taking some tomorrow for the craft project we will be working on together.   Had I not had a good bunch of pieces already cut and ready to go, it would have been a challenge, but, it's ready to go and I'm not stressed.    So, when you are cutting something, while you are set up, cut more to share.
************

"There's More".    What is the first thought that you have when you hear those 2 words?     I forget where I heard those words in conjunction with I am gonna share today.    A lot of times, I will hear something that stirs me and when that happens, I have to get away so I can let God show me what He wants me to see instead of someone elses view.     So, when I heard, "There's More", I turned the television off and met with God.

So, let me share with you what God has shared with me.    One thing is this, makes no difference how the situation looks, "There's More".     Makes no difference what the diagnosis is, "There's More".    Makes no difference where you are in life, "There's More".     You know what, sometimes the "There's More"  is suffering.     Sometimes, the "There's More" is coming with the diagnosis.     Sometimes, the place you are in life is not good and "There's More".     The not so good stuff is there for each one of us, and it seems like when it starts raining, "There's More".

When it seems like the "There's More" is always nothing but painful and hurtful, just remember, you are not in this alone.    If you know Christ as your Savior, you are not alone, "There's More".     He is the Author and Finisher of "There's More"!     Look at all the lives in the Bible that He changed for the good.    And the "There's More" that He gives is good.    He says, "Yes this situation looks difficult, but "There's More"!     He says, "Yes, that diagnosis may be terminal, but "There's More"!     He says, "Yes, the place you are at right now is not good, but "There's More"!    

Romans 8:37 speaks of us being more than conquerors.
Psalm 68:35 speaks of God being more awesome than His holy places.
Psalm 71:14 speaks of David saying he hopes continually and will praise You (God) more and more.
Matthew 6:25 Jesus speaks of life being more than food and the body being more than clothing.
Acts 20:35 Paul quotes Jesus as saying "It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Hebrews 10:17 says "their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more".
James 4:6 says "but He gives more grace".
1 Peter 1:7 says that our genuine faith is more precious than gold that perishes.
2 Peter 1:10 says to be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble. (call and election is referring to one's own salvation experience)
Revelation 21:4 says there will be no more death, nor sorrow, no crying and no more pain.
Revelation 22:3 says there shall be no more curse.

I think at the end of all these "more's", I can say, "But wait, There's More"!!!    I think the "more" that most of are waiting for is the "more" that is an eternity in the presence of our Lord, Savior and Messiah, Jesus Christ.    From all the descriptions of what heaven is gonna be like, I dare say that someone will be showing us through the streets of gold and saying, "but wait, There's More!"    At every turn, there will be "more".     It seems like every time we turn the news on, there's more and more garbage, pain and evil.   That's what the news media wants to report and they have plenty to report.     Some day and some day soon, that will change!     Jesus is coming and "There's More"!!!  I do look forward to "There's More", how about you?
************
Well, that's about it for today.   I hope and pray that where ever y'all are, that you have a most spectacular day ahead of you.     Take some time to reflect on the beauty around you and then realize that "There's More" coming some day!    Woohoo!!!    Praises!!!     Tell someone you know that "There's More" blessings ahead, because Jesus loves them.    I hope you seen or read something here that will inspire you to inspire others.    I hope that when you are crafting, you will cut more than you need at the moment, then you can share with someone else.    The next time you are outside and pick up an acorn, think of all the lovely things you can do with an acorn.    I love acorns!!!   Seek out a Quilt Show, you will be happy you did.     Always remember that God loves you so much that He made a way for you to be in relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.    I love ya too, see ya right here next time with some more crafty goodness.    hugs, patty

10 comments:

  1. Fun quilt show. There'll always be more...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rose!! I am waiting for the good "more"! hugs and love, patty

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post and thank you once again for sharing with me and others that enjoy reading your treasures of uplifting words and tips. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lois! I sure do appreciate you and your support! hugs and love to you, patty

      Delete
  3. Great devotional and I loved all the quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina!!! The Quilt Show was phenomenal success and we already look to 2018. It's always the 1st Saturday in October, so if you can make your way here, you would LOVE it!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous work - loved seeing all of this Patty. Pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Win, I really appreciate it! It was such a fun day and I wish everyone could have been here and seen all the beautiful quilts. Thanks again. hugs, patty

      Delete
  5. Beautiful quilts, Rose. I can't stop admiring! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mia, for stopping by and leaving a wonderful comment. I really appreciate it. Thanks again. hugs, patty

      Delete