Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Some Tags and Weather Photos

Good evening Y'all!     I hope you are having a wonderful pre-Spring evening.     The time change has a wonderful way of helping lift the Winter doldrums, doesn't it?    Although the sun hasn't shown today in my neck of the woods, just looking out at 6:00 pm and seeing daylight just makes the soul feel good.    When the sun does shine, it will have longer to do so.   Yay!!!!    I am so thrilled.

The snow in our yards has finally melted away.    Hopefully, sometime soon, all the dirty snow piles around town will be melted too.    There are so many pot holes around town, in parking lots and on the roads that you could loose one of these little Smart Cars in some of them!    Goodness gracious, I went out town yesterday afternoon, after my hubby went to work, to run a couple of errands and I was startled at some of the parking lots.     I drove thru a parking lot and where there used to be those speed bump humps, they had been graded completely off by the snow removal crews.     Some of the parking lots had pot holes that had been patched at the end of last year.   Guess what, those patches had been pulled up and graded away by the snow crews.    I may have to decide whether I want to shop in those places or not.    If there isn't good parking, it won't be good walking either and I really don't need to risk another fall.    The best that I can say right now, is Praise the Lord, the worst of the cold, snowy, bad weather is behind us.    It may snow again and we may have ice again, but with the time of year it is, it won't last long now.     So that's a good sigh of relief.

I realized I hadn't posted on my blog in  a few days.    I had been busy with some projects that I can't wait to share with y'all.    I took all the bad weather days and just had some fun in my craft room.    While I was going thru my projects and pics to post, I found a bunch of tags and weather pictures that I wanted to share y'all.

I have been making tags, lots of tags, and lots of tags.   hahaha     And lots of tags.     Got lots more tags to make.      I take pics of several at a time and I have a few to show.
This one is a tag I made specifically for a friend.   I know she loved it and is enjoying it.    Of course it has purple in it and y'all know how I love purple!   Yay!!
This one and the next one are two that I made at Christmas and forgot to get them posted.   I really love the simplicity of these two tags.

This is some of the other tags I have made.   I really love the two toned ones.   They make me happy!    I don't even try to put matching colors together and I think they look great.   Just inks and stamps and few stickers makes for some beautiful tags.
Some more purple on purple on purple and others.     Yay!!!    
A couple of more purple ones and then I do have a cover up to share with you.   On the second one from the right hand side; the teal and yellow one; I made a big mess while stamping the sandals.    I got ink on the stamp block and of course I touched it down on the tag and then there was a big ole' honkin' black blob on it and I was ready to smack myself, but I knew it would hurt, so instead, I decide to try and fix it.    

I put my thinking cap on and I came up with a coverup.   The last time I was up for a visit with my Mom, we went to Mighty Dollar.    They have a pretty sweet craft area and I always dive in feet first.    I had picked up a couple of packages of K and Co two layer stickers.    They were sea shells and seahorses and stuff like that in varying sizes.    So, I found some of the shells and cut one in half and it covered the black blob up perfectly.    I put the other half on the card and also another shell on the card and I was thrilled I saved that tag.    I then went on to put them on several of the other tags.    So, most of the time, there really is a good save for most of the disasters that we have.  

I also have some weather photos that I wanted to share.

This just isn't supposed to happen in the south!    But it did!   And not just once but twice and maybe even more times that I didn't photograph.    This was on February 3rd, 2015.
This one was on February 23rd, 2015.   This is our digital thermometer.   It usually registers a couple degrees warmer than the other one.    The other one had gotten frozen up and was not working at the time I took this photo.    Yes, you see it right, 61* inside.  We turn the heat down at night and then back up in the morning when I get up.
These pics was taken on March 3rd, 2015.    I was singing "I'm Dreaming Of a White Christmas" while trudging out thru the snow.    I had gotten my new snow boots so I could get out and take pics.    Wish I could have put them all up.    It was fun.
The shrubbery just looks so cold, but it did have a nice blanket of snow on it.    There was places that the snow was up to my knees almost.    It doesn't look that deep around the house, but around back it was deeper.
Well, if your are tired, I will offer you a very soft seat.    It was about 6 inches in that chair and it was 8 or 10 inches around the chair.    Anyway, I got to get out and have a little fun in the snow.   

As I leave you this evening, I leave you with this favorite verse of many and I love it too.

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11   (The Message)  I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.  

These are words that God inspired Jeremiah to write to those in exile.    Letting them know that they were not forgotten by God.   I know I am pulling this verse out of context.    With that said, let me ask this.    What are your plans for the future?    Tomorrow, next week, next year, eternity?    Do you know what the future looks like?    Do you have a day planner all planned out for the next 20, 30 years or more?    I know some people that do.    They have their life planned and written in ink already.     Planning on their plan.     Well, for me, even if I pencil in something on the calendar for tomorrow or next week, a lot of the time, I have to erase "my" plans and ask God what His plans for me are.    Do we include God in our day to day plans, or do we just wait till the big stuff comes up and then ask Him for His help?    God is constantly reminding me that He cares about every minute of every day of my life.   He wants to be included in all that I do.    Why is that?    Because He already knows everything that's gonna take place.    I don't know what my tomorrow is gonna look like.   But I know the One that will bring me into my tomorrow, and no matter what tomorrow brings, God will see me thru it.  There's nothing that will catch God off guard.    Although it could certainly catch me off guard and turn my life upside down, I am rest assured that God has a purpose and a prosperous plan for my life.     I love The Message rendering of this verse.    God knows what He's doing.    He doesn't need my help.     He's already got my life planned out and He's already in my future.   I love that!     Just knowing that although I may be in the midst of some of the storms of life, God knows what the end result will be, because my future and my hope is in Him, through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior!    My desire and prayer for you is that your future and hope is in Him too!!

Hey Ladybug!   Sweetpea loves you lots and hope to see you soon! 

God bless y'all with a great night of refreshing rest.    Hope to see you back here real soon.    God loves y'all and so do I!    hugs, Patty

11 comments:

  1. I love your tags and the purple too.
    See you soon dreaming Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much Nunzia for visiting and also for your wonderful comment. I love making tags and I love purple. Put them together, and I am one happy camper. Ahhhh, Spring, how sweet the sound, yes dreaming of Spring. hahaha hugs, patty

      Delete
  2. Hi Patty!
    Your tags are awesome!
    And as always your writings are so inspirational, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! I really appreciate it. I also appreciate the kind words about what I write. Thanks. hugs, patty

      Delete
  3. Hi Patty, This is what you use for the card with the cross on it: Your card base ( I did 4 1/4 by 5 1/2); 3 pieces of cardstock or patterned paper cut at 2 inches wide by 4 inches long (in my project I used a piece or corrugated cardboard for one of the pieces); I used the Elegant Ovals die from Spellbinders Nestabilities for the oval behind the cross; the cross is actually a sticker from Life's Little Occasions Sticker Medley; a piece of Offray ribbon; 3 faux studs; I typed the sentiment on my computer. I hope this helps! Please make one so I can see yours....Lois

    ReplyDelete

  4. He Did It For Me card with cross

    brown Bazzill cardstock for card base 4 1/4 by 5 1/2; DCWV cardstock beige and striped (2" by 4" each), corrugated cardboard (2"by 4"), bronze cardstock cut in oval shape using Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die (3"), 3 TPC Studio gold metal accents (studs), Little Occasion cross sticker, computer generated sentiment, small piece of Offray ribbon: Stagger the three (2") pieces of cardstock onto base; adhere cross with ribbon to oval; cut out sentiment using heart shape die and place on card along with the 3 gold medal accents.
    I cannot wait to see the one you are going to do (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card with the cross
    He Did It For Me

    brown Bazzill cardstock for card base (4 1/4 by 5 1/2), DCWV cardstock beige and striped (2" x 41/2 each), corrugated cardboard (2"by 4 1/2), bronze cardstock cut in oval shape using Spellbinders Elegant Oval die (3"), 3 TPC Studio gold metal accents (studs), Little Occasion cross sticker, computer generated sentiment, small piece of Offray ribbon: Stagger the three (2") pieces of cardstock onto base; adhere cross with ribbon to oval; cut out sentiment using heart shape die and place on card along with the 3 gold medal accents.
    Patty, I can't wait to see what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lois!!! I cant wait to try one. I will sometime soon. Yours was so beautiful. When ever I try to make one like someone else, it's never as beautiful as theirs. So, I'm sure mine won't compare with yours, but I'm sure gonna try to make one. Thank you soooo much for giving me your recipe for it. hugs, patty

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous tag designs and that is a lot of snow. Love all the pictures and fun post.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane. So happy that you liked the tags. I just love making them. Yes, we had more snow than we should have down here in the south. Thank you so much for your wonderful message, it really lifted my heart. hugs, patty

      Delete