Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Quilled Card and Jesus Through the Bible

Good morning Y'all!     I have learned that where ever I am, and what ever the situation is on the outside, if I wake up and get out of bed when morning comes, "IT IS A GOOD MORNING"!     With that said, it is an awful dreary, wet and cold morning in my neck of the woods today, with more of the same to be expected.     Yuk!!!     On the up side though, it is cozy, warm and dry inside!!!!    How blessed am I to be able to say that?     Thank you Lord!!!!

I got an e-mail yesterday form a friend that is one of our county extension agents and she  said that yesterday was "eat-in" day.     Encouraging us to fix a healthy meal for our families and eat together and enjoy it.     Then to post about it on face book or any of the other social media sites.     Since I do not do face book, I decided I would share it here, on my blog.     Well, even before I got that message from her, I was already making some homemade vegetable beef stew and cornbread sticks.    I thawed a couple of thin small rib eye steaks that I had gotten at the Dollar Tree, yes, you read right, the Dollar tree.    I cut those into bite sized pieces and browned the meat in my electric pressure cooker.    The I started adding all the veggies that we love.    I don't know about you, but I am so thankful that we have access to wonderful frozen veggies year around in the frozen foods aisles at the grocery stores.    I love to keep bags of the mixed veggies on hand for just such quick ideas and all the healthy goodness that comes with the veggies.     A lot of the processed, canned foods, as good as they are, they have tons of sodium and other stuff that we just don't need.     So, with the pressure cooker and frozen veggies, it doesn't take long to whip up a great stew!    We really enjoyed it and will have it for lunch again today.     So, that was our healthy "eat in" meal.
The other day when I made my last post to my blog, after I had written the title of that days posting, I changed my mind about the project that I was sharing.   Then when I posted it to the Google+ groups, it had the wrong title.    I'm telling y'all, some day's I'm just to be pitied.    hahahaha      Oh well, what's a girl to do?  I believe in keeping everyone on their toes.    So, it was actually "planned".     Yeah, right!
Anyway, today I wanted to share a card with y'all that I made.    It is a "quilled" card.     I just love quilling and I finally got to get the "cherished"  quilling comb that I had been wanting for so long.    I just broke down and got it.    It is so fun!     I had always wanted to make a quilled cross with it and I did.    Yay!!   Keep in mind, this card is nothing fancy at all.    It is actually the first one I made.     But, it won't be my last.    
I just really love it!!!!     After I got it made and glued down, I used a gold Wink of Stella pen and brushed over it to give the look I wanted.    You now the look, the bling-y look.    hehehe
I just can't wait to make more.     I know a white on white would be beautiful.    

Do you ever sit down to read the Bible and wish you knew exactly who Jesus is in the particular book of the Bible that you are reading?     Well, I used too also.    A friend of mine sends me a morning devotional every morning.    She has a list of several people that she sends to.     The devotionals are always so spot on with what I need and always about how God is working in my own life at the time.    I was thinking one day that it would be so nice to know up front just how Jesus was represented in each particular book of the Bible.     No sooner than I had that thought, I checked my email and good golly miss molly, guess what was there?   Go ahead, guess.     Yup, you guessed it, Jesus Through The Bible!     I have enjoyed having it and wanted to share it with y'all.    I do NOT know who put this together, so, that is why I put the word "copied" at the end of it.    It is not my writing and I don't want to claim it.    But, I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I have.

Jesus Through the Bible

In GENESIS, Jesus is the Ram at Abraham's altar
In EXODUS, He's the Passover Lamb
In LEVITICUS, He's the High Priest
In NUMBERS, He's the Cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night
In DEUTERONOMY, He's the City of our Refuge
In JOSHUA, He's the Scarlet Thread out by Rahab's Window
In JUDGES, He is our King
In RUTH, He is our Kinsman Redeemer
In 1st and 2nd SAMUEL, He's our Trusted Prophet
In KINGS and CHRONICLES, He's our Reigning King
In EZRA, He is our Faithful Scribe
In NEHEMIAH, He's the Rebuilder of everything that is broken
In ESTHER, He is the Mordecai sitting faithful at the gate
In JOB, He is Our Redeemer that ever liveth
In PSALMS, He is My Shepherd
In PROVERBS and ECCLESIASTES, He is Our Wisdom
In the SONG OF SOLOMON, He's the Beautiful Bridegroom
In ISAIAH, He's the Suffering Servant
In JEREMIAH and LAMENTATIONS, He's the Weeping Prophet
In EZEKIEL, He's the Wonderful Four-Faced Man
In DANIEL, He is the Fourth Man in the midst of a fiery furnace
In HOSEA, He is My Love that is Forever Faithful
In JOEL, He is the Holy Spirit
In AMOS, He's our Burden Bearer
In OBADIAH, He's Our Savior
In JONAH, He is the Great Foreign Missionary
In MICAH, He is the Messenger with Beautiful Feet
In NAHUM, He is the Avenger
In HABAKKUK, He is the Watchman that is ever praying for revival
In ZEPHANIAH, He is the Lord Mighty to Save
In HAGGAI, He is the Restorer of our Lost Heritage
In ZECHARIAH, He is Our Fountain
In MALACHI, He is the Son of Righteousness with Healing in His Wings
In MATTHEW, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God"
In MARK, He's the Miracle Worker
In LUKE, He's the Son of Man
In JOHN, He is the Door by which everyone of us must enter
In ACTS, He is the Shining Light that appears to Saul on the Damascus road
In ROMANS, He is our Justifier
In 1st CORINTHIANS, He is our Resurrection
In 2nd CORINTHIANS, He is our Sin Bearer
In GALATIANS, He is Our Redeemer
In EPHESIANS, He is our Unsearchable Riches
In PHILIPPIANS, He is the Supplier of Our Every Need
In COLOSSIANS, He's the Fullness of the Godhead Bodily
In 1st and 2nd THESSALONIANS, He is our Soon Coming King
In 1st and 2nd TIMOTHY, He is the Mediator between God and man
In TITUS, He is our Blessed Hope
In PHILEMON, He is the Friend that sticks closer than a brother
In HEBREWS, He's the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant
In JAMES, He is the Healer of the Sick
In 1st and 2nd PETER, He is the Chief Shepherd
In 1st, 2nd, and 3rd JOHN, He is the Author of Love
In JUDE, He is the Lord coming with 10,000 Saints
And in REVELATION, He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS (copied)

I don't know about y'all, but I love each and ever description of who Jesus is in every one of them.    I claim Him "AS" each and every one of these over my own life.     I pray that you will too!

May you allow God to bless you today in the way that He wants to.    Lets take the challenge of keeping God out of the "box" and letting Him be as big as He wants to be in our lives.     My dreams for myself are too small, so I try to let God dream for me.    He dreams big!     Nothing is impossible with God!

Have a wonderful day Ladybug!   Sweetpea loves you!

Be blessed today y'all, in all that you do!     Just know that God loves y'all and so do I.    hugs, Patty

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, that speaks for itself Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Patty! You didn't take a picture of the beef stew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa. Believe it or not, I thought about it......after I took it from the pressure cooker, and it just wasn't the same. It was really good and would have photographed well. I guess I could have taken a pic of the empty bowls. hehehehe hugs, Patty

      Delete
  3. Great post Patty. The card is beautiful and you were making me hungry talking about cutting up that steak. I hadn't been to the store until this morning and I think my husband was getting tired of oatmeal and soup. Lol have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peg. I know what you mean about not having been to the store. I went for almost 4 weeks without going and I had to start freezer shopping and coming up with meals. I had started getting tired of not knowing what I gonna have. I hope you have a blessed day too. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  4. OMG! this is beautiful and I'm off to watch your video:) What is your YouTube name so I can subscribe? I'm so excited to see you making videos. It's been a while since I've made one due to time. TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Norma. I just love making these quilled crosses. I don't have a You Tube page yet, I just uploaded these videos directly to my blog thru Google +. That may come later. Thanks again. hugs, Patty

      Delete