Monday, March 31, 2014

My trip to Mom's and Pics

Good evening Y'all!!!    I pray you are having a great start to your week.  We all know what tomorrow is.   April Fools Day!!!    I try to play tricks on people on April Fools Day, don't y'all?    Mostly, I get tricked though.   hahaha    Have fun and trick someone for me, ok.

I mentioned to y'all last week about going to my mother's for a very short visit and that I would tell you more about it a little later on.   I had to get some pics made of some of my treasures I came home with and I finally got that done today.  

I got back in from my Mom's on Thursday and I was pooped. I slept great on Thursday night, but I was still tired Friday morning.  Tuesday afternoon my mom asked me if I wanted to get out.  That means, "goin' to town".   I said sure, we'll eat lunch too.   So, we went to Russellville to Mighty Dollar first.   They have a wonderful craft area.   Wow!!   I love it.    I made a big dent in their craft supplies.  Yay!    Then we went to "Slappy'z" Restaurant, home of the "Beast". The beast is a giant burger about the size of a 12" dinner plate and about 8" tall, and it comes with it's own butcher knife stuck down right in the top of it to hold it all together.     If one person can eat the whole thing, it's "free".    They have a lady to make them a dozen "beast" buns a week.     It is hilarious to watch someone try to eat the thing.    It's about $35, but, if you can eat it all, it's free. Now, that's NOT what we ordered!    hahahaha    Mom always gets a fish sandwich and onion rings.     Her sandwich always has a bunch of fish fillets on it.    They are small little strips of fish.    They are really good.    I always get "frog legs and fried green tomatoes" and some other side.    Oh boy, I love those frog legs!!!    I think it's some of the best food I have ever eaten, this side of my mother's food.    After eating, we went to IGA Price Less, but I did not see anything that was priced less than what you get most anywhere else.    I don't even remember what we did get in there.     For supper Tuesday evening, I made turkey and dressing and collard greens.

On Wednesday morning, we got up and was talking about what we wanted to do. My cousin works at City Hall and there is a restaurant right across the road from where she works.     It is called “Country Charm Cafe”.    Since the restaurant has opened back up, my cousin eats lunch there every day and most days her husband will come and join her.    My cousin did not know I was coming in. Mom called her and asked what time she ate lunch and my cousin said at 12:00, mom said, well, I don't like to eat by myself, so I think I'll come up and eat with you.    My cousin was crazy excited! In the mean time, Mom said, now what?    I said lets go see Mr. and Mrs. I.    They live out in the country, near the community I grew up in and my brothers and I grew up with their children.    One of their daughters-in-law and I was always really good friends.    But her work schedule always kept us from seeing each other when I was in.    But my friend had told Mrs. I. to let her know if I was ever in again and came to see them.    So mom called Mrs. I and asked if it was a good time to come see them and she said it was.    Well, Mrs. I called her daiughter-in-law and I didn't know it.  Well, we passed by my friends house and I honked the car horn.     We went on up the road to Mr. and Mrs. I's house.    This is way out in the country, in the farming area.     We was there a few minutes and here came my friend!    We laughed and carried on and had the best time.     Time flew by and Mom looked at her watch and said we need to be getting back because her niece, my cousin, was expecting her at noon.    My friend said you can stop at my house for a minute and let me show you thru it.     So we did.

There was a famous local artist in the area several years ago.     His name was Glenn Robertson.     He went all over the world taking pictures of animals and landscapes and he would come back home and paint what he saw.   I LOVED his work and most everyone else did.     I loved all of his wildlife.    Asian, African and North American wildlife is what I have through out my house.    We went in her house and she had prints of his I had never seen.    Lovely stuff!    In his later years, he painted a lot of the local landmarks.    Ranger Dairy Grill, Tasty Freeze, Lewisburg High School, Main Street Lewisburg, Main Street Russellville, Main Street Elkton, Mud River Mallards, Work Mules, Roosters and Hens, Tobacco Floor on Sale Day....... All kinds of stuff.   You name it, Glenn had painted it and she had it.    Glenn had oil painted a huge bull elephant with Mt Kilimanjaro in the background and a herd of elephants between the Mt. and the bull elephant in the front.    It was one of a kind and priced at five thousand dollars!   My husband promised he would buy that for me some day.    Glenn's studio was in Lake Malone Inn Resort on Lake Malone in Muhlenburg County Ky.    The resort was destroyed by a fire, and everything in the studio burned, and I am assuming that piece was in it.     We had moved to TN and I never got anymore of Glenn Robertson prints.

Any way, my friend and I was talking about the art and she found out what I liked and she said come here.     She opened a closet and pulled out a stack of Glenn's art that she had bought from his niece after Glenn and her father had died.     Her father was Glenn's brother.    My friend had bought a ton of his pieces from the niece.    She got them up on a bed and was going thru them and pulled a few off to the side.     I didn't know what she doing, but she pulled three out of the stack and gave them to me.     One of them was the bull Elephant, minus the Mt. and the other elephants.    One of the was of Cape Buffalo and the other one was of a Cardinal on a snowy day.    I almost fainted when she said here, enjoy!    I was on cloud 9 over that.

Well, my cousin was expecting mom anytime, so we had to leave and go back in to town.    My cousin had started worrying about mom and wondered if she was supposed to go pick up mom or not, but we finally got there and when I went in my cousin just about could not believe it.    We laughed and hee hawed for over an hour with her.   Then, to beat all, when she got ready to leave, she picked up mine and moms check and paid for it.    I was blessed beyond measure that day.    I told my cousin, next time was on me.  

So, we went home and my youngest brother came to see us.   He always looks for tiny little animals and he gives them me.    I have a whole collection that he has given me over the years.    He said come here, and hold your hand out, I did, and he dropped a little hippopotamus in my hand about the size of my little, short, fat thumb and I cracked up.   We had a really great visit.   While he was there my oldest brother called and I talked to him for a little bit. After my brother left, I told mom since we didn't have to buy lunch, lets go back to the restaurant for supper.   She said ok.   So, we did.    When we got home another one of my brothers and his wife came to see us and we laughed and hee hawed for another hour to a hour and a half and then it was bed time.   Then I came home on Thursday.    Pooped and worn out from having a great time. Having fun is hard work!    Hahaha    Anyway, that is the story of my good time and blessings that God heaped upon me.

I did get some pics made of the prints that I was blessed with and would love to share them with y'all.   I also made a pic of the tiny little hippo my brother gave me.  Hope you enjoy looking at them.


 The elephant print is 26" x 22". 

 The cardinal print is 24" x18".

The cape buffalo print is 20"x 16".


This little hippo is the "stinkin" cutest thing I ever seen!   Thank you brother! ggg

I hope you enjoyed my visit with my mom and the excitement and blessings we experienced.    I thank God for my visit.   I thank God every time I get to go and spend a little time with my mother.   I thank God that my husband is generous enough to let me go visit my mother from time to time.

As I leave you this evening I ask you, "What do you need to forget, and leave behind?"    There is stuff that we all need to just leave it in the past and don't dwell on, but look to the future for what God has in store.   Yesterday is gone.   There isn't anything to be done about yesterday.    If you have repented of your sin, God has already covered it thru the blood of Christ.  All we can do anything about, is the very moment we are in, right now.    Don't let the enemy remind you of past failures and accuse you of disobedience.   Don't dwell in the past and agonize and worry over past failures or past sin.   We stand before God based on what Christ has done for us, not based on what we have done.  Let God remind you that you are saved and sanctified and set apart for the Lord's service by the blood of Jesus Christ.   We are not righteous in and of ourselves.   Our righteousness comes from Jesus Christ, alone!!!    If you don't know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and if you've never repented of your sins, I pray that you will repent of your sins and ask Jesus Christ to lead, guide and direct you and to become Lord of your life.    It isn't easy being a follower of Jesus Christ, but it is rewarding.     Philippians 3:13  says, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead."

I hope y'all enjoyed your visit today and I pray y'all will come back soon to see what else I have been up to.    I have many more projects and stories to share with y'all.

Ladybug, Sweet pea loves you!

Good night y'all.  God loves ya' and so do I.   hugs, Patty

14 comments:

  1. That hippo is adorable...and the prints are so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! I laugh every time I look at it. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  2. I love those prints esp the cardinal..but that little hippo!! HE IS SO PRECIOUS!!!! Great story and great pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jolene! I am thrilled as punch she gave them to me. Can't wait to get them framed. I love the little hippo, too. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are exquisite. There is so much detail and the color is pot on. The artist has a gift. I thank you for Philippians. I received my divorce papers yesterday and it really hit home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I love encouragement and I love encouraging others. I am not dealing with what you are, so I am proud that God used His words in my blog to help you. I will talk to you more later. hugs and much love to you Susan. Patty

      Delete
  4. Oh, WOW! I love the prints and the hippo would go so nice in my collection. LOL I collected for such a long time but now have them all packed away. You are quite a story teller, enjoyed the read. You must show the pics again once you get them framed and hung. The prints are beautiful! Later.....Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy! I am thrilled you enjoyed my story. I am hoping to get them framed sometime this spring or early summer. I will definitely share pics when I get them framed. Thanks again, Patsy. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  5. Patty, I love the prints, but that little hippo just steals the show.
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherri! My brother will get a kick out of that. I really like it too. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  6. My name is Christina Robertson Blaine I could give you history on those prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, I would love all the history that you have and can share. I am forever a fan of Glenn Robertson! I have a few pieces, and I love all that I have. I only regret not getting more of them. He was very talented and I just enjoy looking at each and every print I do have; just wishing I had more. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  7. I was gifted one of his prints "mysterious trio". If you're still about please send me info on Glenn as I'm not finding much. Lambchop1991@att.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi miabelieves. Happy you found me. I am not the one that has a lot info on Glenn, but his niece is the one to check with. She can fill you in on anything. Thanks for stopping by. Come again. hugs, patty

      Delete