Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Special Birthday Card

Good evening Y'all!    I hope and pray that this post finds all of you doing well, warm, and nestled in for the evening.   I have had a lot of creative things going on for the last few days or so, and I wanted to share another project with y'all before I hit the hay.   I had a special birthday card to make for someone special to me, my Mom.    I had participated in a swap that was for a shaped card.    So, while making that shaped card, I thought this would be a great card for my Mom.    So, I set out to make one for her while I was making the other card for the swap.    She was so very pleased with her card. 
The butterfly on the front was cut with a mover and shaper die from Sizzix.   I had made some ornaments from glitter cardstock and had just enough left to cut the butterfly from a scrap and it worked perfectly on the front of the card.    I also use perfect pearls in a lavender color. 
This is a close up of the butterfly.   It was purple glitter stock on both sides with a thin layer of chip board in the middle.   So after I cut it out I used my purple Sharpies marker to color the edge to keep white from showing.    Have I ever said I love purple?    Have I ever said I love glitter?    Best of both worlds!   ggg
The card was oversized so I needed to make an oversized envelope.   

This shows how I embossed the flap of the envelope with my heart embossing folder.    I was tickled purple with how it turned out.   I love doing a little something extra on the envelope and the embossed flap was perfect.    Something else I usually do is pick out an appropriate smallish stamp and stamp the front of the envelope, maybe down in the lower left hand corner.    The little things make it more special for the special person you've made the card for.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this.   I have several more projects to get posted in the near future.   So, I do hope you will keep checking back to see what I have in store y'all.

As I leave you tonight, I leave you with this verse.    A particular favorite of mine.    Psalm 46:10 says "Be still and know that I am God".    Do you ever need to just be still and know that He is whom He says He is?   Do you ever look back at how God has worked previously in you life?    That is where you will find the confidence in God for what He will do in the future.    Sometimes life gets tumultuous and we can't think clearly, and even more than that, we can't hear the prompting of the Spirit in our lives.    When life gets hectic and loud, we need to "Be still and know that He is God".    This was in particular reference to how God is in control of nature and how He brought about desolation to those warring against Him.   God IS in control!    So, when you feel as though life is nothing but a war; and it is, because we are at war against the enemy and enemies of God; we can know that God IS in ultimate control.   He WILL be exalted by nations, He WILL be exalted by individuals, He WILL be exalted by nature.    God IS in control, no matter how out of control the world is around us, remember, to "Be still and know that I am God".    Do you trust God with your everything?    "Be still and know that I am God".

Good night, Y'all!    God loves you and so do I!    God bless y'all.    hugs, Patty

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for looking at my card and I do appreciate you leaving me a comment! Hugs, Patty

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dorothy!! I appreciate you looking and I also appreciate you leavin' me some blog love! hahaha hugs, Patty

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Maraline! Mom really loved it! hugs, Patty

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card. I can understand why your Mom was so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat! I appreciate you words of encouragement. hugs, Patty

      Delete
  5. Patty, your card is beautiful. I am sure your mom will totally love it! I understand what you are saying about leaving comments. I hardly ever seem to get comments, other than the owner of the company for whom I design or if I enter it in to a challenge! I have 2 blogs and on one I have never had any comment on it! Feel free to check them out...
    www.barbscardsandgifts.blogspot.com
    www.tilestanglesandstrings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey gobarb26, Thanks so much for your visit to my blog. I am happy you like the card. I will definitely visit your blogs, I look forward to it. Come back and visit me anytime. hugs, Patty

      Delete