Sunday, September 24, 2023

It's Fall Y'all!!!!!

Happy Fall Y'all!!! it's a good day for a quick "2 minutes in the kitchen with me", so let's do this. I have been wanting to do this project for a while and finally got "a round tuit". hahaha just had to throw that in.     Please don't be shocked with 2 posts in one day.  hahahaha
 
I had been looking for a replacement for the chicken bouillon that I've used for a few years that has msg and other stuff in it that I don't care for. so I found some thing similar to what I was looking for. and I set out to make. the pictures have the recipe on the side of my jar so I always have when I go to make more. to make this, you put all the ingredients in a blender and blend away for a couple of minutes. and if you do put a lot of black pepper in the mix, let it settle before you take the lid from the blender. it will get you all choked up if you don't take care with it. take my word on this. hahaha (cough hack sneeze tears) hahaha
the recipe is on the side of the jar. make it your own. I did. put more or less of any of the seasonings. use your own dehydrated herbs and onions or garlic. if there's an herb you don't like, swap it something that you do like. this isn't science, like baking bread. this is just making an instant mix to use for seasoning a special dish or making a cup of hot broth. having said all that, the next paragraph will tell you what I will do different next time.
the next batch I make won't have any salt in it. so if you think you want salt in it, start with much less than what's in the recipe. also, there won't be as much black pepper. I'll cut way down on the black pepper and use some of my own dehydrated red and green sweet peppers to make the equivalent of 2 tablespoons. those are the 2 main swaps and omissions that I'll do on the next batch. but, even as is, this is sooooo good. so if you're trying to eleminate junk from your cooking, this is a start. this also makes a good cuppa to just sip on. can't wait for some of these upcoming cool days, this will be good.

also I've been working on filling some of my pepper jars and starting more jars. when the pepper season is over, I'll be crushing a lot, grinding a lot and keeping some as is. the peppers are, fresnos, cayennes, shishitos, mini sweet bells, and purple peppers.
also I've just about filled my jar with homemade raisins. oh my word, they are so much better than anything I've ever bought!!! there is green, red and black grapes in that jar. I cut them in half and dehydrate them till they are as dry as I can get them. they are no longer sticky and they don't stick to the sides of the jar. if they stick to jar, they're not dry enough. but these are wonderful. great in a salad or just as a snack.
the next 2 jars are my purple basil and stevia. I'm really hoping that they'll grow enough that I can get another good cutting from all of them. there is nothing like growing your own herbs and having them fresh or dehydrated. better than anything in the store. and that stevia is something else!! I've to make sure I have more of that next season. it's really difficult to start, but I did manage to eek out 1 little plant for the year from the 6 seeds I tried to start. I hope I can get 3 or 4 started next year.

well, I hope you got some pretty good information today on how to make some imitation bouillon and also on dehydration. I love to save produce with dehydrating. a lot of it makes good snacks and all of it will cook up good in favorite dishes. I'm so thankful to God for all the many ways of preservation and dehydrating being one of my favorites!!

blessings to all and remember that God made a way for all of to be in right relationship with Him thru the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ!! hugs and love to all, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment