Sunday, April 21, 2019

Resurrection Sunday, Christ Arose

    I wanted to share some Good News with y'all today!!!    I pray that today is a turning point in your life, if you haven't already had an encounter with the "life changer", Jesus Christ, I'm here to tell you that today, right here, and right now is the time to have that encounter!!

    The song below will be sung in many church services this morning around the world in Christian churches.    It is a song of old that still gives new hope in the One that can make a difference in our lives.    Read the words below.    Let those words sink in to your soul and ask God to give a clear meaning of what this song is all about.    Read what this song is about in the New Testament Gospels this morning.    Jesus triumphed over your sin and my sin.   We no longer have to pay the price for our sin, which is eternal death, separation from God and a permanent residence in hell!!   He paid it for us!!!   So, if you have placed your faith and trust in Christ this morning, you are also a victor from the dark domain.    That's enough to stir some shouting up in the house this morning y'all!!! 


    Christ Arose              written by: Robert Lowery in 1874

Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus, my Savior,
Waiting the coming day,
Jesus, my Lord!

Refrain:
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch His bed,
Jesus, my Savior;
Vainly they seal the dead,
Jesus, my Lord!

Death cannot keep his Prey,
Jesus, my Savior;
He tore the bars away,
Jesus, my Lord!

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you that the tomb is empty!!!! It is with great pleasure that I tell you, He is Risen!!! Death could not hold Him in the grave!! My Savior lives!!!    It is with great pleasure that I announce to you, Christ Arose!!!!     

Life has a way of knocking us down and beating us up sometimes.    Maybe, we feel like we have no hope.   Maybe we feel it's tough to keep going on.   But I tell you, Jesus Christ can make a difference in your life!!!    I probably can't make a difference in your life.   The only thing I can do is point you to the One that can, and that is Jesus!!!     Jesus is who our hope is in!!! 


Solid Rock   written by Edward Mote in 1834

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' Name

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my Hope and Stay

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand


This is another great song of old that offers us hope and shares that hope better than I can explain it.   If you read the Bible, you will see that all of the expressions are found in it.   They are not just vain janglings.   There is power and meaning in all the words, in both of these songs.   Notice the very first sentence in this song.   It speaks of hope.   This whole song speaks of our hope!!!    Jesus is our hope!!!

There is power in the songs of old that tell about our Lord and Savior.   They are scripture based and tell a true story.    The writers of these songs loved the Lord and they wanted to share that love.  There is depth and a story behind most of the songs.   The story usually comes from a time when the Lord was very near and close to the one who wrote the lyrics.    The songs always come from a place of worship that the writer had experienced. 

For myself, when I write what I write and share with y'all, it always comes from a place of worship and love, of and for my Savior.    While I don't write songs, what I do write always comes from those experiences.    Sometimes, it's God showing me something after I have written it.    Other times, my writings come from a certain experience.    But they are always to show me something and then I share with y'all.

I hope as you read these songs that they will quickly and easily become favorites of y'alls too.     The old hymns of the faith is where you will find true worship with biblical foundations behind each song.    I am not a fan of a lot of the newer stuff that's repetition for repetitions sake and not saying anything that has a real depth of meaning or adds no value to a true worship experience.   I have no desire to get brain dead on repeating 2 or 3 words over and over for 20 or 30 minutes.    To me, that is not worship.    I truly believe that God wants us to be mindful and very present when we worship Him.    We need to be very careful with what we classify as worship.   A lot that I have seen is anything but worship.

When we know the biblical story behind Resurrection Sunday and if we have accepted the RISEN Savior as our Lord, then we will want our worship to be worthy of what He has done for us.   Anything less than that is blasphemy.    Vain repetitions, in my opinion is blasphemy.    

If you want to see me get wrapped up in something, give me a good scripture based song or two and a good scripture based sermon!!!!    That, to me is worship!!!     Just be careful at what we classify as worship.    Let's make sure it is worship and not brainwashing.

If you do nothing else today, thank Jesus for loving you enough to take your sin upon Himself.  Thank Him for giving you hope today.

I pray that today is a most marvelous Resurrection Sunday!!!   Tell someone you know that Christ Arose!!!      The enemy couldn't silence Him!!!!     Death couldn't keep Him!!!   The grave couldn't hold Him!!!!      And He is coming again!!!!   Hallelujah!!!!   Praise the Lord!!!!!

God bless you today and every day!!   hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment